The Liittle Things That You Do

P.D.A

"Jessica, I'm home!"

 

I went to the kitchen and saw her in her apron, getting ready to make dinner. Jessica makes the best food after Yuri. Me being a huge eater likes her for being a good cook.

 

What are you making, Jessica?"

 

"'Kimchi fried rice. It's gonna be done in 10 minutes so go take a shower." She answered me and went back to her cooking.

 

"Okay."

 

I went inside our bedroom and 15 minutes later I came out from my shower in my short shorts and black tank top. Jessica was setting up the table while I was drying my short hair and sat down.

 

"Here." She handed me my plate and also sat down.

 

"Thanks."

 

I started eating. We would have small talk at the dinner table but it's mostly silence. We both like it like that. What Yuri asked me this afternoon still linger in the back of my mind. I don't know if I should ask Jessica or not. I like what we have going on right now & I'm not sure if I'm ready for whatever might happen if I asked her about our "no affection situation". AISH! So troublesome.

 

After dinner, I cleaned up the dishes while Jessica showers. I lay down on the beige couch while looking up at the ceiling.

 

"Are you okay? You seem distant at dinner." I turned towards the voice. Jessica looked at me. She was wearing the same attire I was wearing but the only difference is that her tank top is white.

 

"Jessica.."

 

"Yes?"

 

"Do you think I love you?" After I said that, there was complete silence. The expression 'you can cut the tension with a knife' was well-played right now.

 

"Well, do you?" Jessica asked me and I could only stare at her.

 

I first met Jessica when Yuri went out with Yoona and dragged me along. I really didn't want to but I had nothing better to do and it was free food. I admit, Jessica was breathtakingly beautiful. Her blonde hair was past her shoulders and she had a slendered body. She look at me and then looked away. She appeared...cold, like me. Yoona introduced us and I nodded at her. She did the same. She didn't smile or talk much during the hangout and I didn't mind. I only talk when I was need to. Most of the time, I ate. I looked at her and saw that she was frowning at me.

 

"What?"

 

"That." I looked down at my plate. I was eating my salad with lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers. She pinched her nose when I put a cucumber in my mouth.

 

"You don't like cucumbers?"

 

"No."  I thought it was cute.

 

I confessed to her in a rather harsh way after we spent some time together. I couldn't express myself well and I hate beating around the bushes so I just flat out asked her to be my girlfriend. She accepted to my surprise. Now jumping back to the question at hand...

 

Do I love Jessica? I mean every time I see Jessica, I get this warm feeling that I can't figure out. I want her to the first person I see when I wake up and the last person when I sleep. I smiled a bit when she would text me during the day, reminding me to eat and not to drown myself in work. She would take care of little things for me like setting my clothes aside when I'm about to go to work or know when I last put my car keys or wallet when I lose it. Do I love her or love the things she does for me?

 

Jessica's POV

 

"Well, do you?" I looked at her and asked her. She just stared at me.

 

Sooyoung was a cold person when I first met her but so am I. Yoona introduced me to her girlfriend, Yuri and in return I got to meet Sooyoung. At first, Sooyoung would only nod at me when all four of us would meet. I would be the same way. I found out that she lives by herself, work her off and was single. I wouldn't say that I wasn't attracted to her. Her boyish haircut fits her face and her tall slendered body made everyone fall IN love with her but her cold appearance would also make people fall OUT of love with her. I also found out that she has a cute side: when she eats. She would stuff whatever she can in and digest everything. I always wondered where she put it all and today, I still do.

 

When she asked me to go out with her, it would appear to be harsh to some people but to me, it would mean the exact same way if an expressive person were to say it.

 

"Jessica, be my girlfriend."

 

She said it in a monotone voice with a blank expression. There was no sign of affection at all. She doesn't like to show PDA and I don't either. We see Yuri and Yoona show it all the time so that was enough.

 

When Sooyoung ask me that if I think she loves me, I was stunned. I don't know how to answer her. I mean I like how Sooyoung is with me when she is. When we go out, she would hold my bags, pull out my chair and hold the door for me when neccessary. She reminds me to sleep more so I won't be exhausted at work. She even hold my hands when we cross the streets. She pays attention to every single detail and takes care of everything. Does she love me or she thinks it's an obligation for her to take care of me?