Do I love her?

P.D.A

"Do you love Jessica?"

 

My best friend asked me out of the blue. We were at our favorite cafe and was eating lunch when she asked me that. I looked at her with a frowned face.

 

"Why would you ask me that?"

 

I put down my silverware and wiped my mouth. I was finished with my lunch and took a sip at my coffee. Jessica had been my girlfriend for two years already. I would have to say that those were the best two years of my life. I wasn't a complete wreck before I met her but wasn't happy. I was lonely. I didn't have anyone to share my sadness or happiness with but I was fine with that. I put myself in a routine consist of work and home. My best friend, Yuri tries to get me on dates but I refused simply cause I don't want to. When I met Jessica, everything changes except for one thing: my personailty. My personality is considered to be cold or it seems to appear that way. I hardly smiles and hardly talks to anybody except to Yuri or Yuri's girlfriend, Yoona. Suprisely, Jessica is the same way and that's how we got together. I played with my coffee cup before I look at Yuri explaining my love life with Jessica.

 

"Because you hardly show affection towards her; Yoona and I would go out with you guys and you guys wouldn't do anything affectionate. Yes, you take care of her like holding her bags and be a gentleman but that's it."

 

"You of all people should know that I don't like to show affection. So what I don't show PDA; doesn't mean I don't love her."

 

"Have you said those words to her yet?"

 

"..."

 

I pondered on that. Even though Jessica and I have been going out for two years, I haven't said those words to her yet. I hear Yuri says it to Yoona all the time and I would look at Jessica to see if she has any reaction from it but nothing. Nothing at all. My Ice Princess would say and act like she didn't hear those words. She haven't say it to me either and I don't put much thought into it. Now with Yuri's question, it makes me wonder: do I love Jessica or does she even love me?