FIVE

#project365

 

 

“The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances; if there is any reaction, both are transformed.”

- Carl Jung - 


Kyung Soo sat on his bed, leaning against the post and scrolled through the list of fan sites on his tablet. Despite what the fans think, yes, Do Kyung Soo keeps track of the fan sites, at least those local ones. He even registered himself in some popular ones though remained a ghost member.

Once he’s satisfied that there were no embarrassing posts or any news to be alarmed about, he clicked exit. The main page popped up on his screen. The time at the corner of the tab showed close to midnight. He turned to see his roommate, Baek Hyun, snoring away peacefully in his sleep, and decided that maybe he needs to sleep too. Just as he was about to hit the ‘off’ button, his eyes caught on the Instagram app.

His mind wandered to the user that he’s been keeping eyes on lately. – Midnight Queen!

Everything about this person intrigued him. From the way she posted all her pictures and quotes to the very empty profile. He knew it’s a she because no man would be that sensitive and intuitive. Plus the user was called ‘Midnight Queen’; no man would be so dumb to call himself a queen.

He clicked on the app to enter his page. Quickly, he typed in the search for the user he’s been thinking of. The page for ‘Midnight Queen’ popped up. His eyes did a quick glance over her page. The last known activity was ten minutes ago. A smile crept onto his face, lighting up his usually serious face.

He didn’t when or how, accessing Instagram just to check out this user’s page has become a routine. He went as far as bookmarking her page, a move that came as a surprise even to him, seeing how he almost couldn’t be bothered to follow anything on social networking sites. He has a boring life, as how Chanyeol has phrased it. So why is Do Kyung Soo looking at a page that in the contrast to his, has no follower or whatsoever?

It’s because ‘Midnight Queen’ is the opposite of the stoic, and often, humorless Do Kyung Soo. While he was constantly surrounding himself with the monochrome colors of black and white, she rejoiced in the presence of vibrant rainbow. And in that sense, when he has somehow stumbled into a routine life as an idol, it seemed that she was riding the waves of called life. He’s tired of his life and she’s celebrating hers. Her energy invigorates him.

A post rolled up the page making him stopped for a moment. ‘She is true to her name’, he mused inside. She’s certainly more active when the sun is down. Like her usual style, there was no hashtag or any long notes. It was a picture by the Han River and it was night time.

Bright city lights decked along the bank like tiny Christmas lights on a Christmas tree. There were few captured shadows of people riding bikes in the background, a scene he was familiar with. The rest of the members and him were frequent visitors to the place at night. It was the only place they could be free without much fans chasing after them. And in the very distance corner, the Banpo Bridge came alive under the moonlight with its rainbow fountain.

 

“Wherever we go, it will be heaven.”

 

Kyung Soo’s eyes widened at the quote. As much as he was impressed at the picture that this person has obviously snapped herself some time in her life, he was more captivated by the one simple sentence she has used alongside the photo. Rather, he was honored.

‘Midnight Queen’ was his follower, amongst the many others. The many messages that fans left him were all in many levels much fascinating and impressionable that this. While some were offending and irritating, some were so beautiful and touching; he couldn’t help but to be grateful that he has such great fans. So how did this person reach him?

He clicked on her profile again. It was made public so anyone could have assessed it, a point that Kai pointed out to him a few days ago when he commented how he couldn’t find one of their stylists. It was also the very point that tempted him very much because by setting it to ‘private’; he would have saved himself lots of trouble. He didn’t need more stalker fans.

But not this ‘Midnight Queen’; it was almost as if she’s an Internet celebrity like most of those bloggers.

The profile page popped up, instantly displaying a collage of bright colors and mixed themes photos. A single shot of a peach colored floral dress on a dress form stood in a spacious room was used as the profile picture at the top left corner. The statistics on the right displayed odd numbers that didn’t make any sense to him.

A frown replaced the smile on Kyung Soo’s face. Statistically speaking, she has 53 photos, following 87 but only 1 follower?

He tapped on the follower and a name popped up, - Hana Im92. An unknown girl’s face came into his view. Nope, he didn’t know her, so he quickly dismissed it and returned his attention to the impending question in hand. So he did the one unthinkable thing that everyone has been warning him about.

*

Mi Kyung was tired after returning home from a session at the rehabilitation center and an evening dealing with her parents. The doctors weren’t bearing any good news and so did her legs. Her parents weren’t making it any better by forcing another set of plastic surgeons portfolios to her. They were very convinced that plastic surgery can heal all these scars on her.

She would be lying if she disagrees with them because even a twelve-year-old kid could tell that plastic surgery can repair all the damage; but what about those internal scars? Who would do surgery on them and repair them?

Her parents would never understand. They didn’t have the whole world hating them or celebrating when they are gone. Her father was rich and powerful while her mother, a beauty inside and out was a known philanthropist and social butterfly. And now they have a monster as a daughter. She’s a freak with all the ugly scars and a hideous heart that everyone in school fears. Of course they would want to change that. They couldn’t let their only child shame the family name.

After two hours arguing which resulting in her returning to her room and another angry vow that she’ll never leave the room ever again, she was now resting on her bed, tired from another hours long of crying and shouting at her parents through the door. Her phone lay by her side, a necessity that now never left her side. She wiped away her remaining tears with the back of her hands and picked up her phone.

The screen lit up when she hit the ‘power’ button and Do Kyung Soo of EXO’s picture met her eyes. His smile instantly made her smile as well. It had started as a simple admiration and now it’s beginning to turn into a full-fledged teenage crush. She really needs to get a life; she sniffed to herself as she tapped her password on the screen, effectively tapping on his face.

The Instagram main page came on. It had been the last thing she was on and frankly speaking, she never strayed far from this App. Without thinking much, she uploaded the picture that she has been keeping in her phone image folder. As she watched the upload bar slowly filling up, she wondered what really inspired her today. And she realized with a sad truth. – There was none.

Miserably, her eyes roamed to the framed picture on her desk. The boy with pretty smile stared back at her. This is really getting out of hand, Mi Kyung, she decided, realizing quite suddenly that she has now reduced to pretend Kyung Soo is part of her life. It really has to stop.

‘But can you really go through a day without looking at him?’ a nasty voice asked inside her. She has to admit, it’s true.

So reluctantly and quite ashamed as well, she typed in: Wherever we go, it will be heaven.

She smiled bravely again. Another day has gone, maybe with luck, just another 40 years to go. She would survive this.

She stayed on the page a little while more, jumping from page to page between her friends and celebrities. Just as she was about to exit, a message popped up, straight into her inbox. Wondering who it could be, she clicked it. ‘EXO Little Giant’ username came into view and a loud gasp escaped her lips. She dropped her phone, almost as if being scalded.

EXO’s Do Kyung Soo just messaged her!

 

“You asked where do I come from, I answer with a smile, it’s a secret.”

 


 

I must admit that I have been sort of neglecting this fic. The other one was not faring too well either. Cause my bias has left EXO. TT.TT

But life must go on and so does EXO. Plus Kyung Soo is just too cute to not write a fic about him. The two characters are finally meeting, Now the real story can start. Hopefully all my readers are still around...

Another note, I just made all the usernames up. If there really do exist such usernames, it's purely coincidental.