Of Drawings

Stars That Form Constellations

 

 

"Gege...  Where is Minseok gege?" Qiuyue asked. "He's at home. He's not going to come play today" Jongdae said sadly. "Why?" Qiuyue asked. "Jinki uncle is helping him make something for Luna auntie. It's Mother's Day tomorrow" Jongdae told her. 

"Mother's Day?" Qiuyue asked. Jongdae nodded. "What happens on Mother's Day?" she asked innocently. "On mother's day we thank God for having a nice mother. And we show it by giving gifts" Jongdae said, reciting what Minseok had told him. "Oh... do we celebrate Mother's Day?" Qiuyue asked. "No silly. We have two fathers. We celebrate Father's Day" Jongdae told her.

"There is a Father's Day?" Qiuyue asked surprised. Jongdae nodded. "What do we do then?" Qiuyue asked. "Yunho appa makes breakfast for Jaejoong appa. Then Jaejoong appa makes special lunch and we go to the zoo!" Jongdae told her happily. "Whoa... Does Minseok gege do the same?" Qiuyue asked. "Minseok gege gets to go to the carnival because Luna auntie likes the carnival" Jongdae told her. 

"I wish I could go" Qiuyue told him. "Me too" Jongdae agreed. "Can we go play with Minseok gege now?" Qiuyue asked. "I think. We need to ask appa" Jongdae said. "Let's go" she said excitedly, dragging her brother along.

 

 

 

"Minseok gege!" Qiuyue exclaimed happily. "Hello" Minseok said with a smile. "What did you make for Luna auntie?" Qiuyue asked. "Shh" Minseok and Jongdae said together. "Don't ruin the surprise" Jongdae told her. "Sorry" Qiuyue apologized. "What did you make hyung?" Jongdae asked curiosly. "I'll show you!" Minseok told them, leading them to his room.

Minseok pulled out a small drawing book from his  bookshelf. Inside the book was a small handmade card with had been decorated with gold stars and glitters. It had 'Happy Mother's Day' written on it with silver glitter. Both Qiuyue and Jongdae were awestruck. "So pretty..." Qiuyue said.

"It looks so cool!" Jongdae exclaimed. "Appa let me choose the design. He even let me draw the pink ranger because Mama likes her" Minseok explained. "You draw so well gege!" Qiuyue said amazed. "Thank you" Minseok said humbly. 

"Minseok hyung is amazing at drawing! He once drew all the power rangers in class!" Jongdae told her. "You can see my sketchbook if you like" Minseok offered shyly. The other two agreed enthusiastically. They spent the next hour or so marvelling at his drawings. Qiuyue liked the ones with the flowers the most. Minseok felt incredibly shy. He always thought Jongdae praised him because he liked him but Qiuyue genuinely liked his drawings too.

Soon the kids were called away. But the two promised to return soon and play more next time. Minseok waved goodbye happily.  If they liked his card then Mama would too.

 

 

"Meimei.." Minseok called out. He was in the school playground and he didn't want to attract attention so he did it as quietly as possible. Qiuyue saw him and waved before running over. "Gege!" she exclaimed happily. The two usually played in different parts of the playground so seeing each other during breaks was rare. 

"I made something for you" he said, shuffling his feet. "Really?" Qiuyue asked shyly. She was incredibly shy when it came to receiving gifts and compliments. Minseok nodded. He put a page in her hands and Qiuyue recognised the rough paper of a sketchbook. She turned it around and saw a really pretty and colourful drawing of a flower field.

"Thank you gege!" she said with the biggest smile possible. She hugged him too, feeling words were less. "You're welcome" Minseok said, feeling happy she liked it. "I'm going to save this forever!" Qiuyue promised.

 

 

"Minseok gege always liked drawing for you" Yifan commented looking at the book in Qiuyue's hands. Pages upon pages of charcoal sketches and crayon drawings were tucked away between plastic sheets to prevent them from smudging. "Yeah he did" Qiuyue smiled fondly. She hugged the book closely to her chest. Yifan gave her a kiss and moved on to unpacking everything else. She smiled. There was another thing to talk about with her brothers when she called home.

 

 

 

-x-

 

 

A/N - Was initially going to be on Mother's Day but I was interrupted a lot while writing and then this looked better.