Popularity vs. Enjoyment

Who You Are As A Writer

Why do you write?

This is a simple question.

Why do you write?

Is it for popularity or is it because you enjoy writing?

One thing for sure is that Exo is the group that most people here write about. One thing for sure is that most of the featured fanfics are related to Exo. I'm not saying that only Exo fanfics get featured but the majority is about Exo or some other new groups that debuted not long ago. So if you want to be popular, you have to write about Exo or the groups that teenagers like right now. I bet you that the majority of the readers here are teenagers. I bet you that.

Do you write because you want readers? You want subscribers? You want comments?

Or is it that you write because you enjoy writing. You enjoy writing about the couple(s) you ship. You want to write a story for the couple(s) you ship. You enjoy surprising your readers and along the way, you are happy as well.

The best feeling is to feel happy about what you have wrote. It may be a sad story you're writing but you are glad that you wrote it. The feeling of finishing a story is one of the feelings that I have yet to feel. I hope that I'll get to feel that feeling soon. My guess is that you'll feeling accomplished with a combination of happiness and sadness. 

Do you write because you want to spread the "(couple name)-ness"? Are you fangirling to the couple moments you are writing about? Do you enjoy what you are writing, be it happy or sad?

 

The bottom line is this. Are you writing for people or are you writing for yourself?

 

My Point of View:

I write people I want to share my crazy imaginary plots or thoughts about the couples that I ship. I write because I ship "them". I don't want to write just because of popularity. I don't want to write about someone I don't like. I want to write because I want to. I love the couple that I'm writing about. I honestly, just want to write about my favorite groups and my favorite pairings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What are your opinions?

Remember, I'm not bashing anyone. I'm just telling what my thoughts are.