Day Five - Day Six | Stung Treng, Cambodia - cross-country

22 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day Five - Day Six

Stung Treng, Cambodia - cross-country

The night air was balmy and one could almost feel the moisture in the wind as the group approached the bright lights and signs of the strip of nightclubs located a couple blocks from the hotel. There was a charged energy ricocheting through everyone, all eager to party and drink till they dropped.

Even Sulli had a certain aura about her that hinted at a vixen hidden underneath the layers of modest clothing she wore. It was the night that everyone would begin to let loose and start to really enjoy the trip that was bestowed about them.

Minseok noticed as they entered the club, that the girls immediately floated off to the side together to pick out a large round booth at the back, signaling to a waiter to bring drinks. Luhan was next to him, dressed in a button-down and dark wash jeans. He was going to comment on the other's faded Chuck high-tops but decided against it; it would do no good to try and change the man's sense of fashion now.

Luhan's intense eyes scanned the club for a few moments, whistling lowly and nudging Minseok. "Check out the hotties on the other side."

A group of women were dancing in a cluster out on the dancefloor and some of them were even eyeing the newcomers with what looked like mild interest. There were a couple that were passable in Minseok's eyes; one tall woman with long, chestnut hair and one with dyed violet hair with a large chest and pouty lips.

A new song started playing and their girls hopped up onto the platform stage, dancing in a group and laughing together. They were talking in hushed whispers and before Minseok could protest, Yeeun came forward and latched onto his wrist, dragging him onto the floor. Thankfully, he noticed that all of the guys except  Leeteuk had gotten up, even Yifan who just stood there impassively with his arms crossed. Minseok snickered at the shocked expression on his face as Yeeun clumsily tried to get him to sway his hips to the music a bit, even going so far as to blatantly stare at the slim, manicured fingers that were settled on his hips.

Soojung slunk up behind him and placed a tall drink in his hand, complete with a little pink umbrella. "Here, taste this." Minseok took a sip, wincing a bit at the overly tangy flavor that his tastebuds. Though it did taste pretty good.

"What kind of alcohol is in this?"

"Vodka, I'm pretty sure. I wouldn't drink more than a couple though. After that, you start to lose your bearings a bit and then you wake up with a really sour taste in your mouth." She winked at him before disappearing into the crowd, no doubt finding someone to dance with.

Minseok suddenly felt a slap on his shoulder and he jostled forward, turning around to glare at the offending hand. "Luhan, watch it, you made me almost spill this!"

"Look-look at them!" he cried in response, pointing a finger at a corner of the stage where Chanyeol and Sulli was. "I didn't think she had it in her."

Chanyeol was standing behind her, awfully close to just be talking and he had his hands on her waist, slowly instructing her how to grind.

Though Sulli's face was lit up like a firecracker, a genuine smile graced her lips and she slowly tilted her head back so that Chanyeol could give her a quick peck on the nose.

Minseok hummed lowly in his throat, finally accepting that Chanyeol wasn't that bad of a guy and knew that he would treat her right. Rolling his eyes, he quickly grabbed Luhan by the shoulders and spun him around away from the couple, the man's jaw quickly following suit.

"I knew something was going on between those two," the man exclaimed, thumping a fist into his hand.

"Here, drink this," Minseok placed his drink in Luhan's hands, "and stop trying to ruin people."

Luhan sneered over the rim of the drink but quickly latched onto the edge, downing it in a couple gulps. "All I'm saying is that she's a nice girl and deser-"

"And he's a good guy, now chill and go dance with Yeeun; she looks lonely."

Luhan glanced over at the blonde woman, who didn't look lonely at all, wrapped up in conversation with the enigmatic Yifan.

"Huh," was all that was said before Luhan dug in his jeans pocket for his cigarettes.

"Want one?" he questioned, waving them around in Minseok's face. The lawyer made a face but moved to follow Luhan out the club's door.

They were barely out the dark entrance before Minseok felt something blunt strike him on the back of his neck and he fell forward, catching his weight on his hands. Spots blossomed up in clouds before his vision and he could taste bile at the back of his throat.

"Who the hell are you?!" Luhan's voice rang out and the sound of a scuffle and Minseok briefly wondered what kind of trouble they were in before he sank into the deep oblivion that was unconsciousness.

A jolt skittered underneath him, vibrating his spinal cord all the way to the base of his brain and he came to with a heavy gasp. Minseok blinked open his eyes, noticing how his eyelashes stuck together in spots, whether from blood or sweat he did not know. His hands were bound tightly behind his back and aching with pain

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter