How Many Moves Does It Take To Embarrass Yourself? I Don't Know, But It Always Starts With A Dirty Grind

Once In A Lifetime

“Five…six…seven…eight! And BOOM KACK BOOM KACK KACK and shimmy, shimmy, turn, down!” Laurieann Gibson knelt in front of us breathing hard.

                All five winners including myself were standing in a line looking at her with blank expressions. First of all, I could barely concentrate on her dance steps because of who she was. I became starstruck because I was working with a choreographer who had worked for numerous artists. She trained almost all of P.Diddy’s side groups and shows like Making the Band. And she toured with many celebrities as a back-up dancer before directing tour concert shows for Lady Gaga and Janet Jackson. This chick was a legend, and she had the personality of an arrogant wet towel.

“Did every body get that?”

                She could tell by our blank faces that no one had gotten anything. She heaved out a long sigh before rubbing her temples in frustration.

“Guys” she groaned. “How many times must I go through this?”

“You’ve only gone over it once” Aaliya mumbled and Laurieann shot her a glare.

“We have a music video to prepare for and clearly you guys aren’t ready. Let’s try it again” she said counting in the steps a little slower.

                Most of us we’re able to catch it the second time around. The steps were a little complicated and the footwork was my main concentration; I knew I could always add in the arms later. Around the fourth or fifth time I felt that I was really getting the hang of it, so I started putting my own spin on it. Raizo saw me and smiled before he broke out into a break-dancing pose.

“Whoa! What the hell was that?!” she shouted.

                Everyone, including myself stopped immediately. She singled me out and called me to her.

“What do you think you were doing?” She said a little close to my face.

“Uhm…I was just trying to add-”

“How can you add to something you don’t know?” She questioned.

“Obviously she just did” Raizo defended with a smile.

“Look Razor-”

“It’s Raizo” he growled.

“I don’t get paid to let you go out there like idiots! It’s my job to make you the best! It’s not just yourselves you're representing. Individuality is not permitted,” She said seriously. “So…quit showing off and give me the steps again” she commanded.

                I rolled my eyes and fell back in line while she counted us in. The next time I danced it I remained stiff as a robot and Kendrick chuckled low. After rehearsing the beginning a few more times, Laurieann began showing us the next part. She did the moves quick and precise before showing us a little more slower. Poor Anna; even with the slowest of movements she still couldn’t get it. She tried with all of her might and her determination was written all over her face. She spun and fumbled to the floor and we all stopped to look at her.

“That’s it!” Laurieann shouted. “Everyone go to lunch!!!”

                She walked out of the room and disappeared down a hallway. Anna didn’t even bother getting up, she just curled up into a ball on the floor. We all crowded around her.

“We’re all terrible!!!” Kendrick groaned falling next to her to curl up into a ball.  

He snuggled close to her back and she sat up confused. “No…you're not! You guys aren’t-”

“Cut yourself some slack, it’s the first practice” I said bending down to look at her. “As soon as the rest of us get it, we’ll help you out.”

“I’m hungry” Raizo said rubbing his tummy before walking over to his bag to search for food.

                All of a sudden there was a knock at the door and Raizo went to answer it.

“Pizza!” Raizo shouted in excitement. “Gamsahabnida!

                Sim Sunbae walked in with three boxes of pizza and laid them gently on the floor. He smiled at me before turning around and walking out of the door.

“This place is great!” Kendrick said taking a slice from a box.

                We ate and chatted about different things until I got up and began stretching. I walked over to the stereo and began turning it to The Leaders by GD and everyone started swaying. I cranked it up almost drowning out all sound before I began spinning and dancing my way to Raizo. When I playfully touched him, he got up off the floor in an instant to dance with me. He grabbed my waist and brought himself to me and we were dancing so close until he spun away from me to do his own moves. A huge smile was spreading across myself as I was drowned into the beat, and I closed my eyes picturing myself back in the same club where I felt amazing. Then all of a sudden I felt someone behind me dancing just as raw as before. I began laughing at the feel; we must have looked so ridiculous to everyone else watching. He was guiding me to a different beat and I felt him hold me more tightly. I felt the confused expression return to my face and I turned around, opening my eyes to find Raizo not there. I began shaking my head fiercely and my eyes were bugging out. I pushed myself away from Seungri and I felt him let me go reluctantly. I stumbled backwards and fell flat on my back. I laid out on the floor shutting my eyes as my hands grabbed my face in horror. What had I just done?! I was dancing so-so-I didn’t even have a clue as to what. NEVER HAD I EVER DANCED WITH SOMEONE AS DIRTY AS I JUST HAD NOW! ESPECIALLY IN FRONT OF A CROWD!!!!! It was- a new climactic height in my embarrassment! I wanted to crawl away in shame, or breakdown in tears.

“Seungri…Oppa..I..uh…uhm” I stuttered before groaning.

                There were no words to express how I felt! I was incredibly embarrassed for having just grinded on him, but then another part of me wasn’t sorry at all. But then another part felt disgraced, and then another part wanted to do it again! And another part wanted to cry in sorrow, while another part wanted to cry in joy!

                He reached out a hand to me, offering me help to get up.

“JUST LET ME DIE!!!!” I whined into my hands.

He busted out in laughter before crouching in front of me. “You're just too funny!”

“Oppa” I groaned. “I thought you were Raizo!!!!

Raizo smirked at me before continuing to stretch. “I would have never done that-I-I-You? NO!” I stuttered

“Why not?” Seungri smiled at me. “You're very…expressive.”

                He raised his eyebrows at me during that pause, and I unintentionally cracked a smile in defeat.

“Come on” He said again outstretching his hand to me once more.

                I took it and stood up next to him. He positioned me in front of him and I stood in place. When I looked around the room I saw that Daesung and Taeyang were already in the room. I smiled and bowed to Daesung and he winced. He no doubt had just witnessed the dirtiest moments of my life. This suddenly felt like it was the morning after, and no one had a clue what to say. I looked to Taeyang and waved and he looked at me and dropped his mouth before panting and making fanning motions with his hands. I smacked myself hard in the face shaking my head, until I felt Taeyang come over and rub my shoulder smiling. I breathed out heavily and shook my body a little before T.O.P and GD walked in. I looked mortified at T.O.P as he looked at me confused. I jerked my head to Daesung, Taeyang and Seungri silently begging them not to say anything. Seungri winked and began rubbing my shoulders, and I felt awful. T.O.P would never let me hear the end of it!

                Saving me, Laurieann walked over to the stereo and switched it to the new song. She counted us in and we rehearsed what we had gone over so far, except this time with our partners.  Their movements mimicked ours and together it looked really unified.

“Now here is where we split. Your partners are going to teach you the next part and then we’ll all come back as a group for the chorus.”

                Each member took their partner to a different part of the space; Seungri led me to a back corner.

“Okay, so I was thinking we could do something like this” he spun around me before doing some fancy footwork ending it in a pose.

                I breathed out asking him to show it to me again. It took me a couple of tries to get it down but I did. When we ran it through, he stopped to watch me.

“Devon…I can tell you're not into it” he said stopping me.

“I’m not?” I said a little shocked.

He shook his head. “Your not as…passionate as before.”

                I scrunched up my face trying to understand.

“Just relax…and have fun. Just like at the club…’member?”

                I nodded and tried it again, trying to be just as passionate as before but I could feel that it wasn’t working. When I finished I looked at his scrutinizing face. It was indecisive, and I still wasn’t understanding what exactly I was supposed to portray. He grabbed my arm and tugged for me to follow him.

“Where are you going?” Laurieann called after us.

“We’ll be back” Seungri said dragging me through the open door into another practice room across the hall.

                He let me go and I stood up against a wall. He pulled out an iPod and plugged it into the stereo dock. Taeyang’s Move feat Teddy began playing and he turned around to smirk at me. He motioned for me to come to him and I looked at him like he had lost his mind. He brooded for me to come and when I did he gave me a weak smile. When I got to him I shoved my hands into my sweat pants pocket and pursed my lips refusing to grin like an idiot. He danced around me, playfully bumping into me and making faces until I let go of every inhibition to not dance with him. I began swaying and moving and making up dance steps on the spot. Before I knew it I was really dancing with him and that felt freer than anything. I was laughing and smiling as I mimicked his moves and he did the same with me. Then motioned for me to follow him and the moves became slower and more smooth. When I had gotten that he taught me the next part and we moved on. He repeated the dance so I really knew it before moving on. Then he stopped dancing and jogged over to the stereo and turned it to the new BB song that we had been practicing earlier. He motioned in the air to run it again and I counted in before I began moving and because I knew the steps I was able to really put my own flare into it. It was easier than anything and I looked over to see Seungri smiling with pride. I finished with a huge grin on my face at what I had just accomplished.

“That! That is what I need every time! That feeling!” Seungri beamed. “Let’s go back!”

                I nodded enthusiastic as he shut off the music before jogging over to me. We walked back in while everyone was still working on their parts. I went to my bag and found my water bottle taking a long drink. I looked to everyone else and they were still working on their parts.

“You” Laurieann pointed to me. “Let’s work on the chorus.”

                I got up from the floor automatically ready to learn the next part. She only took three tries before I had almost gotten it, and she stopped to fix my footwork before moving on. I had learned the next part and was now working on trying to emit that same emotion as the part I did with Seungri. It was working, I could feel my fingers beginning to tingle from adrenaline and every time I looked back at Seungri for his approval he was right there to give it. I swear each one of those smiles felt like an A+ he stuck on a fridge somewhere. I was turning into Seungri’s lap dog, except instead of dog treats I got smiles. I wanted to keep it going, but Laurieann told us all to take a break so I sat on the floor with my up against the wall. Raizo sat next to me and bumped into my shoulder teasingly. I looked at him and he winked at me, and I couldn’t help but giggle. I swear! What was with this guy? Was he in training to be an idol or something?

“This is so cool” he said before taking a drink of water. “Everyone here is pretty good.”

“Yeah, everyone…is” I said slightly flustered.

“Especially you! I’ve never seen moves like yours..well maybe in the videos” he chuckled.          

                And I rolled my eyes and laughed. No one was ever going to let me live it down.

“I’ve never been that bad-”

“On the contrary…you were quite good” he smiled wickedly; I pushed him lightly. “Besides…I’m flattered.”

“Flattered?” I asked him watching him ruffle his hair around before making an elegant top-knot.

He nodded holding the rubber band in his mouth. “You thought Seungri was me!”

“Oh…well my eyes were shut” I laughed.

“You must think I’m good to compare with Seungri!” He raised his eyebrows in question.

“You're good okay?” I smiled in defeat.  “Happy?”

“I guess” he shrugged his shoulders before smiling. “So how is he as a partner?”

“Amazing!” I tried to squeal. “How’s my T.O.P?”

                Raizo whipped his head to look at me until I corrected myself.

“T.O.P’s my bias! He’s not just mine, he’s everyone’s its just-”

“Oh” he said understanding. “He’s a pretty cool guy”

“I know” I said wistfully.

“Isn’t it funny how we have each other’s biases?”

“Oh, Seungri is yours?”

He nodded happily. “His moves are just…flawless and exact!”

                I nodded not saying anything.

“You two!” Laurieann called to us. “Let’s run it”

                Raizo and I looked at each other before looking back at her. We got up and stood in our spots and I glanced around waiting for the others to fill in but no one moved.

“Why is no one else moving?” I whispered to Raizo.

“Because it’s obvious you two have chemistry when you dance” Laurieann said.

“What chemistry?” Seungri said scrunching up his face.

                It was too late, the music had started and Laurieann was counting us. I focused on the dancing instead of who I was dancing with. We started out the same but after the first chorus we our dancing became different because he was doing his own choreography and I followed what Seungri taught me. Eventually I felt everyone disappear in the room and I just concentrated on myself trying to put as much energy into it as possible. Our dances mirrored each other when we came back to the chorus before ending in different poses. We both were breathing hard as we waited for our critique; she shooed us away and called on the next two people. I scurried back to Seungri’s side and stood by him waiting for him to say something. He didn’t; he just nodded approvingly. Well I guess I had done alright for him not to say anything, so I guess I would just have to be satisfied with that. While I watched the others I noticed that Aaliya was a really good dancer as well. Her movements were graceful and fluid and she seemed like she moved like this giant ripple. Kendrick was popping and locking all over the place, and his dance was edgy and hardcore. Anna was improving, but I noticed that when it came to her part to be different from everyone else, she just stood in place rocking from side to side. When she looked to Daesung, he gave her a giant thumbs up and she smiled and continued to stand in place.

“Alright! BIGBANG come with me please” Laurieann said sweetly. “You guys are dismissed for the day. I’ll see you tomorrow morning at 9.”

                G-Dragon was the first one to lead them out and the rest of the group followed; they waved to us before exiting.  When the room was empty except for us, we all sat around the floor in a circle. I laid out on the floor just breathing in and out at this opportunity. I heard everyone go and get their stuff and their voices slowly disappeared with each quiet door slam. I heard someone else breathing, and it was coming. I lifted my head up slightly to see Kendrick kicking my foot.

“What?” I said lazily.

“Aren’t you coming?” He asked as he sat on the floor near the bottom of my feet.

“I was just soaking in the moment.”

                I looked back on the last few weeks and they had been the most incredible moments of my life. Somehow, even thinking about Hyun Joong made me happy. And even with the fact that I was probably never going to hear from him again, I accepted the pain gratefully. It proved that this wasn’t a dream…it was real.

“You mind if I soak with you?”

                And on that I sat up. His facial expression was hopeful and anxious, so I shrugged my shoulders giving him no response.

“Just…promise not to talk” I smiled lying back on the floor.

“Why?” I could hear him grin.

“You always ruin the moment, when you talk” I laughed obviously.

“Alright, but promise to remind me to ask you something later” he said becoming more comfortable.

“Deal!”

                Time passed along and it was nice listening to the silence of the room. It was quiet except for the even breaths of our bodies.

“If I asked you to sit up, right now…would you?”

“Uhm…sure?” I said sitting up confused.

                He was much closer than I had imagined and I legit froze on the spot. I feel my eyes growing bigger with anticipation as I already knew where his mind was taking him. I shook my head silently wishing that he wasn’t about to do the unthinkable! I tried everything to fall back on the floor but he grabbed my hands and pulled me to him forcing our lips to meet. My eyes bugged out in protest and I began mumbling against his powerful lips. They were crushing us together, and nothing about this was nice or romantic. I was trying to push on his chest but his hands kept me from moving.  When he forced his way into my mouth and I bit his tongue in retaliation. He got the message and broke away from me clasping his mouth in the process.

“What the hell is your deal?”  He spat at me.

“ME!”  I got up off the floor in a rush. “I’m sorry I don’t remember asking you to kiss me!” I said as sarcastic as possible.

“Devon, we’ve been playing this game for a while-”

“What game?!” I shrieked. “I’M NOT INTERESTED IN YOU” I bellowed walking over to the side mirror to grab my bag.

“WHY NOT?!” He shouted. I could see him right in the mirror shifting his weight. “I’m good-looking, smart, rich and a V.I.P! What is it that you don’t find irresistible!”

“Maybe it’s the fact that you are one of the biggest jerks I’ve ever met and you can’t tell the difference from being polite and flirting!!!” I said swinging my bag over my shoulder and I began walking over to the door.

He beat me to it grabbing my bag stopping me from leaving. “Maybe it’s because I’m not T.O.P or Hyun Joong.”

                The look I gave him shouted “You said it not me”.  He rolled his eyes and stepped to me closer and I pushed him away not allowing this to continue. I turned around to look at him, he could tell I was pissed.

“I’m not going to change my mind, so stop trying to create something between us that obviously isn’t there.” That had to be the most hurtful thing I have ever said, but if it got through to him then that was all that mattered.

“Devon” he said my name weakly.

                I slung myself away from his grasp and he let me go without a struggle. I opened the door and saw T.O.P leaning casually against the wall across from me. Instead of seeing his fierce stare, his eyes were illuminated with euphoria. Happiness radiated across his entire appearance, which added to my further annoyance. I nodded and walked past the elevator to a door that I figured to be the stairs. I peeked through the small window and I was right; two flights of stairs appeared in the space. I opened the door and walked through and began the flight in front of me to get to the main lobby. The funny thing was I didn’t hear the door shut, so when I turned around I found T.O.P beginning to climb the steps behind me. I looked at him surprised, but he brushed past me continuing the trip. I followed in silence as I climbed the stairs after him. He got to the door, which I expected to lead me to the lobby, and was right again because he held it open for me. I walked in barely brushing by him as he followed me again into the lobby. I headed straight for the exiting doors, I didn’t want to see Kendrick at all! I was so furious with him! What on earth made him think to do that?! How many times did I have to tell him that I wasn’t interested? Well hopefully this last time did it. I was outside in the breezy air, power walking my way back to the hotel.

“Are you still upset?” T.O.P’s voice said next to me.

My head whipped at him in disbelief. I was so angry I didn’t even notice T.O.P walking next to me.

“Upset? About what Oppa?”

“I don’t know” he teased. “You seem a little…angry.”

“I’m fine” I practically growled at the memory of my face being .

“Liar” he chuckled.

                I stopped to look at his face. He was in such a good mood and for the life of me I couldn’t understand why. And suddenly I was smiling too. His happiness was infectious and even though I was mad enough to hit something, seeing him smile was enough to send me on that familiar rollercoaster ride. He his heel and motioned for me to walk with him.

“How are your dance moves coming?” I asked him as we turned the familiar corners to get back.             

“Oh? Shouldn’t I be asking you that?” He said with a laugh. “You're the one who needs the work!”

                My eyes flashed open wide before I broke out into a laugh. I pressed my lips together to keep from laughing harder. It took everything I had not to come back at him. At least one hundred  insults flashed across my mind on his dancing alone. Like his waddle in the Tonight practice video or his random leg spasms that seem to crop up everywhere! Not to mention him flapping his arms like a flightless penguin in Turn It Up or even the head bobble in Knock Out. He had dozens of these made-up dances and I loved him even more for them.

“Why are you laughing?” He said smiling.

“You're absolutely right…I need to practice as much as I can” I said with slight difficulty.

                It was harder to say it with a straight face. We walked a bit further.

“I’m only kidding Devon…you're really good. Seungri is really lucky to have you as a partner” he said quietly.

                My heart legit stopped beating. I ducked my head trying to regain control of my respiratory system. My breathing became ragged and off beat.

“That…has to…be…the nicest thing….I’ve ever…heard in my existence” I said through intakes of air.

He laughed. “Well…hey you don’t look so good. You are going to faint again?”

I shook my head from side to side biting my lower lip.      

“Good” he said stuffing his hands in his pocket walking ahead.

                Every now and then I would see him steal glances back at me, probably checking to see if I was still walking. We reached the hotel and this time he walked me all of the way to the elevators.

“I GUESS YOU’VE MADE YOUR POINT!” A familiar voice shouted from the entrance.

                We both turned around to see Kendrick panting heavily at the front of the hotel lobby. I rolled my eyes and pressed the elevator button trying to summon it faster. T.O.P chuckled low beside me. Kendrick was walking over, glaring at the both of us. I swear, being mad with me is one thing, but bringing T.O.P into this was just uncalled for. He was my bias, and I would hate to emasculate him in front of a crowd, but if he said one harmful sentence towards T.O.P I was sure I was going to turn into an official ball-cutter.  Just my luck! The elevator doors swung open to invite me in and for some reason my hands clasped the sleeve of T.O.P’s jacket pulling him in with me. As soon as we were both in I stabbed the door close button rapidly before pressing my floor number. T.O.P’s face was bewildered as the ride of the elevator began. My hands were still clenching his jacket tightly, and when I realized it I let him go. I bit my lip again stepping away from him.

“Forgive me Oppa” I said sincerely.

                He just nodded and rested up against the railing in the elevator. The ride was quiet and quick and the doors opened to a panting Kendrick waiting outside of the doors. I groaned and stomped my foot a little, but T.O.P glided next to me, guiding me out of the elevator past Kendrick. I rapidly pulled out my key.

“Thank you” I whispered grateful to him.

“See you tomorrow” he said with a smile.

                I nodded and hurried into my room and shut the suite door. Then I ran into my bedroom where I found Paije reading, jumped onto my bed and began beating up the nearest pillow.

~~~~

My eyes were glued to the door window, as if I were watching a show on T.V. Devon was lying on the floor just staring into space. When I first past the door, I thought she was in the practice room by herself. I thought something had gone wrong until I saw the tall blonde English kid kick her feet before sitting on the floor across from her. Why is it every time it seems that I am blessed with a golden opportunity, someone else has to take it away? They were just laying on the floor. Not doing anything, not even talking; and somehow I found myself wishing that I was in his place. I wonder if for him time stood still with Devon like it did for me. Fifteen minutes could easily turn into fifteen hours and I was still greedy for more. Even watching her wasn’t boring, I had been standing out here for about ten minutes. She had no hope of seeing me unless she turned around, her back was to the door. The boy sat up and began talking, and when she sat up he grabbed her arms, pulling him to her. I could feel myself shake my head ‘no’ at what I was seeing. I had the greatest urge of my life to burst through the door, and split them apart, but I couldn’t. I couldn’t move…time was dragging on and I was stuck in this specific frame forced to watch. The boy broke away from her and was quickly grabbing at his mouth, before yelling at her. I half expected her to cry, but I could tell even in a sound-proof room that she was upset. She was yelling at him, and when she got up in a hurry to get her stuff that was enough confirmation for me. A huge smile was spreading across my face and I couldn’t help but laugh out loud. She clearly had rejected him!!! And I felt incredible! I felt like I could sing! Like I could hold the highest note forever! When she came out I was leaning up against the wall feeling nothing but elation at her clearly pissed off face. She looked at me, obviously not expecting to see me casually waiting outside of the door. She nodded and  kept walking. I practically sprinted after her to catch the elevator ride up with her, but she surprised me by taking the stairs. She clearly didn’t want to see that guy, otherwise she would’ve waited. I followed her out of the door and she was a flight ahead of me. Devon peered down to me and we stared at each other; her adorable puzzled expression creeping across her face. I suppressed in  a laugh and began the same flight she was on, brushing by her. I reached the lobby doors before her and I opened it indicating where to go. Ever so lightly she pushed past me to get through the door and I followed her out. She didn’t waste anytime getting out of the building. Her steps were faster and more frequent, especially with anger powering every step. She was breathing heavily and I swear I could see the different gears in her head turning as we trampled each sidewalk.

“Are you still upset?” I asked pulling her away from her train of thought.

                She spun her head to me. She probably was so upset she didn’t even notice me still walking with her! Usually this would’ve insulted me but considering what made her so angry made me happier than ever.

“Upset? About what Oppa?” She asked innocently.

                Oppa! Even though she used the expression on anyone in the direct vicinity, it still made me feel special every time she meant it for me.  

“I don’t know” I joked. “You seem a little…angry.”

                Angry was an understatement.

“I’m fine.” She said clearly annoyed. I felt incredible! I couldn’t stop smiling.

 “Liar” I chuckled.

                See! I felt great! It was awful she was so upset, but I could not deny the fact that I was euphoric that she had rejected one of her countless suitors. She stopped to look at me and I could help but grin as her beautiful face scrutinized my excellent mood. She eventually broke out into a smile and I took in a great gust of air, filling up my lungs. Even the air seemed sweeter somehow. I turned around so we could continue walking, and she walked a little easier.

“How are your dance moves coming?” Devon asked me as we turned a corner.                                                

“Oh? Shouldn’t I be asking you that?” I . “You're the one who needs the work!”

                I prayed to God that she would take it as a joke. Everyone knew that I was the last person to judge on anyone’s dancing ability. Especially hers! She was fabulous! I only briefly got a glance of her skills today but according to Taeyang, what she did with Seungri earlier was…unspeakable. Her laughter brought me back to the present. She was attempting to contain it but she couldn’t and it was delightful to watch her try.                                                              

“Why are you laughing?” I said smiling…I couldn’t stop.

“You're absolutely right…I need to practice as much as I can.”

 “I’m only kidding Devon…you're really good. Seungri is really lucky to have you as a partner” he said quietly.

                I’m pretty sure that was the best compliment I had ever said out loud. And watching her face light up in disbelief was magical. Good grief?! How much of an had I been to her? I laughed a little as the word ‘gigantic’ flashed in my mind.  

“That…has to…be…the nicest thing….I’ve ever…heard in my existence” I said through intakes of air.

I laughed. “Well…hey you don’t look so good. You are going to faint again?”

                Any other time this would’ve been great but I didn’t want her to get worked over everything I said. Especially with no way to get her any help; the nearest hospital was no where close to where we were headed. She didn’t answer she just shook her head, obviously trying to restart her heart.

“Good” I said stuffing my hands in my pockets walking ahead.

                I figured the best thing for her to gain control was a little space from me. We continued walking, and for some reason she wasn’t as eager to get to the hotel as she was before. In a few minutes we were walking up the familiar steps of the hotel lobby. I walked with her seemingly composed over to the elevator doors.

“I GUESS YOU’VE MADE YOUR POINT!” A familiar yet irritating voice shouted from the entrance.

                We both looked to find the tall blonde boy panting at the doors. He must have run the whole way here. I looked back to Devon to see her horror-struck face jabbing the elevator button harshly. I chuckled out loud as she kept pressing the button. The boy was taking his time to come over to us, with enough glares to go around. Every bone in my body was praying that he would catch us but luck was on Devon’s side and the elevator doors sprung open. I felt her grab my sleeve pulling me into the elevator along with her. My face must have been a mixture between shock and surprise. She was holding onto my sleeve so tightly, and I wasn’t expecting her to grab at all. I barely noticed her frantically pushing buttons so the elevator would move. When she realized that she had been clinging to me, she let me go like my arm was suddenly on fire. Her eyes were apologetic, in fear of crossing some restricted idol-fan zone. God knows I wish she would. In that small space, beautiful ideas of me finally telling her everything and kissing her again, just like in her small hospital room.

“Forgive me Oppa” she said after a minute.

                She pulled me away from the bittersweet memory, and I couldn’t respond. I just nodded and leaned even further away from her. The ride for me was short and unfair…it was too soon to say goodbye. The doors pulled apart and we both were reluctant to see the English boy breathing heavily in front of the doors. She groaned and I think she even stomped her foot in defeat, but I easily shifted next to her and placed my hand around her back. I gently guided her out past him and she shuffled around in her bag until she found her room key.

“Thank you” She whispered to me, sincerity soaking the two words.  

“See you tomorrow” I answered with a smile.

                She hurried into her room and shut the door quietly. I didn’t even take offense that she didn’t invite me in. She was trying to escape from a guy who couldn’t take a hint, and I was just happy that I could help her out. I walked past the guy still standing in the hallway. Man I would hate to be him! Usually I would’ve said something to irk him even more, or smirk in his direction and trust me those were all very intriguing ideas. But looking into his face, I just felt sorry for the poor guy. I took in a deep breath and patted him on the shoulder, before pushing the elevator down button.