Jungkook (1) Heartbreak

BTS Scenarios/Oneshots

“But I thought you said you were going to join us Friday night?” you whine to Jungkook, who's listening half to your complaint as he's absently looking around, looking for her. “Yah!” you nudge his arm and he looks at you. “What?” he gasps, rubbing his arm on the spot you just hit him. “I'm friggin' talking to you and you're not listening!” “I am!” “No you're not. You're busy finding her” you say while scrunching your nose.

Jungkook and you have been good friends for a while now. You were the inseparable kind of good friends – you walked to school together, came too late for classes together, failed PE class together. But since a few months he started to like this girl and this liking turned into a crush and in the end they started dating. To make a super long boring story short: you don't like the girl and you have your reasons. Jungkook seems happier now though. You watch the boy almost jump up and down in his seat as he watches his girlfriend walking up to him, bending down to give him a chaste kiss on his lips to greet him. You cough loudly, really hating the PDA so close to you.

You turn to Hoseok and Jimin who are teasing each other with whatever they can grab and throw at the other. You chuckle at their sillyness and when Jimin notices the extra person at the table he sighs deeply and rolls his eyes. You and Jimin have talked about Jungkook's girlfriend before and Jimin totally agrees with you. The girl might be sweet and care for Jungkook, but she also has a really bad attitude and influence on the young boy. Jimin is also the only one who's aware of your not so tiny crush on Jungkook.

For some reason Jimin had noticed the way you'd look at Jungkook and the way you'd react towards him when he's teasing you and the way you'd react when someone like him or Hoseok was teasing you. So one day he'd confronted you about it – the day Jungkook introduced the girl as his girlfriend. After he told you guys you had sit down quietly for a while, before standing up and excusing yourself to the bathroom. Jimin had followed you and basically dragged you through the day, trying to comfort your broken heart.

“Back to my question though” you shrug and turn to Jungkook after sharing a glance with Jimin. “Friday?”

“No, I need him Friday, he needs to help me” his girlfriend says, much to your annoyance.

“Really, with what?” Jungkook winks at her and teases her, making a shiver run down your spine. You really hate them being so lovey dovey.

“Ya I don't friggin' care! You had already agreed to our plans Kookie~” you whine while Jimin joings you. “We even picked a movie especially for you dude!”

“Yeah well, change of plans” Jungkook shrugs and turns to his girlfriend.

Jimin watches you and notices you narrowing your eyes. Just when he's about to say something to calm you down, you jump up and grab Jungkook's wrist, dragging him out of his chair, out of the school's cafeteria into the hallway. “Ya! What's wrong with you?!” he yells, pulling his arm free and rubbing the sore spot.

“Me?! Haven't you notice the way
you have changed?!” you yell back, your cheeks red from anger and your fist balded.

“How?”

“Because of her! She's keeping you away from us. Ever since you two got together she keeps interfering and keeps you from setting up dates with us – you know, your
best friends!”

“As
best friends you wouldn't act like this. You would be happy for me.”

“I am happy for you! But that's really not the point. She's changing you and it's not for the better. You keep ditching us for her and what does she ever do for you?!”

It's hard for you to keep your voice down or to keep yourself from saying things you don't mean. You're on the verge of tears and you just want to punch him. Punch him for being so ignorant – you're just missing your best friend and that girl keeps getting in the way. This really hasn't anything to do with your crush on him – you haven't hang out ever since those two were together and you're just sad.

“You know what? I'm done talking to you. She makes me happy and if you can't be happy for me – whatever. I'll be fine” and like that he walks away, his own fists balded and heading towards the cafeteria. You slump down to the ground, pulling your knees up to your chest and hugging them. A single tear soundlessly strolls down your cheek.

“Are you okay?” a soft voice next to you asks while you feel him wrap an arm around you. You slowly shake your head and the sobbing begins.

Never had you thought having a crush could be so stressful and painful. And you secretly knew that one day your heart would break because it wouldn't be answered – not by the person you wanted. But you had never imagined a heartbreak would be this painful, and thus you sob into Jimin's chest – the boy that was there to figure out your crush, to help you through rough times, to agree with you about your changing best friend, and now to help and soothe your aching heart.