Suga (1) Couples Dance

BTS Scenarios/Oneshots

It’s only been a few weeks but you’re hopelessly in love with Yoongi. Both being signed under the same company it’s prohibited to date among the members, but it’s been pretty hard to deny each other’s feelings and decided to start dating in secret. And so far you managed to keep it quiet, even among your own members. Of course there were a few of your members who were being a little suspicious about your behavior but they didn’t care that much to start asking questions.

It’s hard to see each other without the presence of the other members or managers and you only share a brief moment of contact each day where you see each other and talk to each other – as fellow members.

Him being part of a boygroup and you being part of girlgroup they keep a close eye on you and it’s only moments when you escape to the bathroom or you need to get something of your bag that’s still in the main room you’ll see Yoongi and quickly hug him, telling him how cute he is and how much you’d like to spend some time with him alone, outside the company, without all eyes on you.

For today it’s like any other day – you come in, warm up, talk with your members, text Yoongi, practice, escape to see Yoongi for three seconds and come back to practice again. Only when you girls are cooling down and gulping down a bottle of water it’s the manager that comes in, asking you to meet him in thirty minutes.

And now you’re here, in the manager’s office, waiting for him to arrive as well. You’re surprised when the door opens and Yoongi’s group walks in instead of the manager you’re anticipating. You and Yoongi share a quick glance and you shyly smile and look down to your feet. You feel your cheeks heat up and you try hard to hide it.

“So we prepared a special stage for you guys. We’d like to show our unison in this company by mixing a girl and boy group together to do a special stage, and we decided you’d be perfect for this. You’re young, fresh, and because you’ve already worked together in the past when you were trainees this is the moment to show your abilities to work outside of your safety zone. You’re going to perform mixed styles and you’re going to perform a duet stage, each of you will be set up with one of the members of the other team. We’ll discuss this more later today, I have meeting in a few minutes. Will talk to you later” and with that the manager leaves, dropping the bomb leaving you all speechless.

“What just happened?” one of your members asks confused, looking at the door the manager just left through as if she’s hoping it’ll talk back and give her an explanation.

“Just wait what the manager has to say more about it” Namjoon tries to calm s down. Especially Taehyung, Jungkook and Yoongi seem to be really confused and nervous. You watch Yoongi nervously shifting his weight from his one foot to the other and you have to try hard not to walk up to him and embrace him into a tight hug. You pout and look at your members, who are freaking out as well.

“Ya! We can do this, I’m sure we can. And trying some different styles is good. Might discover some new talents while we’re taking on this challenging, right?” you grin and hug your maknae, wondering what the manager will say later.

-x-x-x-

“But I really don’t like you dancing with Hoseok, he has this stupid grin plastered on his face, like he’s trying to say ‘I’m on my way stealing yo girl’” Yoongi whines while you’re having a brief moment for the two of you.

At that you burst into laughter, apologizing that you’re not laughing at him, but that what he’d said sounded so funny. “Hoseok is your dancer, I am our group’s dancer, I can’t change anything about that. If it makes you feel better, you can watch our practices..?”

“No, that’s not it.. I just want to dance with you.. I know I’m not good at dancing but you can teach me?” he smiles softly, looking up to meet your eyes.

“I’m sure we’ll dance together one day Yoongi” and peck his lips quickly before pulling him back to the dance practice room.

The manager had set up pairs before and gathered in the practice room you split up to learn your routines, and as the main dancer you’re paired up with Hoseok, much to Yoongi’s annoyance.

“So we’re going to have a routine with all of you, and there’s going to be stages with each pair performing a song in a different style and in the end you all come together again. We’ll work on the couples dances today, and tomorrow we’ll start with the group performance.

-x-x-x-

Yoongi had watched you and Hoseok dance yesterday and he wasn’t too happy. He wished he was besides you so he could spend some more time with you. That way he didn’t had to make up excuses where he was going to and why it was taking him so long, and he could touch you without making the two of you suspicious.

Today’s the group practice and much to his delight his spot is next to you – the choreography pretty simple and fun he gets to hold your hand and twirl you around. The smile on his face is showing you this is totally making it up for you dancing with Hoseok and you can’t be any happier either – the smile on his face means more than anything to you.

-x-x-x-

The day of the performance Yoongi was a little down, nervous because of the couples dance and while his and your members were busy with reminiscing their own choreography you sneakily disappear and pull Yoongi along. “You’ll be fine, don’t be so nervous” you chuckle and fix his bowtie for him.

“I don’t know..”

“I saw you practicing hard and you did amazing! You really improved over the years” you assure him, thinking back to your trainee days.

“You really think so?” You nod. “Thanks.”

“But we really have to get back now” and you take his hand to mingle with your groups. The manager’s speaking to them and not one of them noticed one of you being gone. So you join them, pretending you’ve been standing in the back all along and when you want to retrieve your hand, Yoongi squeezes it, not wanting to let go just yet. You smile and squeeze it back, letting him know he’ll be fine.

And in the end he did a pretty good job. He couldn’t think too much about you and Hoseok dancing together because of his own nerves that were driving him crazy. However, the audience was enthusiastic, Yoongi had a smile plastered on his face from ear to ear and you couldn’t help but return the idiotic smile he was giving to you during the last group performance. He twirled you around, guided you over the stage and with the end pose he took your hand and placed a soft kiss on top of it, pretending it’s all part of the show. He winked at you while remaining in this position, waiting for the audience to finish their clapping and cheering so you can leave the stage.

At the wink you’d blushed, your breath a little ragged because of the dances. You gave him a soft smile in return, mouthing a “I’m proud of you” which made Yoongi smile like an idiot again.