Chapter Three [Final]

Loving You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Meet me outside in an hour, I'm taking you out on a date!’ The message lights up the screen of Donghae's phone, accompanied by the voice recording he had set as his notifications tone, Hyukjae saying in a sing-song voice, “I love you!”

Grinning at the message, Donghae types back a brief reply of, ‘Okay! Just make sure not to faint when you see me!’ Laughing at his own cockiness, he decides on a quick shower, gathering towels before locking himself in the bathroom for ten minutes.

The grin from earlier has still not faded as he walks back to his room, drying his hair with a towel along the way. Hyukjae is the best boyfriend ever, he thinks as he starts dressing, pulling on a pair of tight jeans that he knows Hyukjae will appreciate a lot as they cling to his thighs. A bright t-shirt accompanies the black jeans, contrasting perfectly before being covered with a thick light-blue jersey, Donghae deciding on warmth rather than sacrificing himself to show off his fashion sense.

So with five minutes left after eating a good breakfast and putting all of the finishing touches together concerning his appearance, Donghae sets off to the elevator, reaching the building's entrance with just one minute to spare until ten. But of course, Hyukjae is there already waiting, impeccably perfect as usual and punctual to top it all off. He definitely is the best boyfriend ever, Donghae reiterates in his mind as he greets the grinning teen with a kiss to his cheek, their hands already lacing together to connect them to each other as they set off on Hyukjae's planned adventure.

Swinging their linked hands in excitement, Donghae beams at Hyukjae, kissing his cheek again and successfully leaving the elder teen a mess of untameable feelings. Having to pull Hyukjae along in which Donghae assumes to be the right direction due to the momentary loss of his boyfriend’s sanity, the younger of the two only gasps when he sees the bus that Hyukjae tells him that they’ll be going on is displaying on the front that the destination is ‘Everland’, only the most popular theme park in the country at this point.

“Are we really going to Everland, Hyuk?” After receiving a nod, indicating a yes, Donghae pulls Hyukjae into a gratitude-filled hug, needing to express how much he adores his boyfriend.

“I thought you might think it is a bit too cliché but I see now that I made the right choice,” Hyukjae murmurs into Donghae’s neck, accepting the hug with overwhelming tones of affection before leading them onto the bus, paying for both of their fares and then finding a seat near the back, thanking some higher being that the seats are so high that it is like a secluded area just for them.

After about ten minutes of the bus staying at the same stop, the driver finally starts to head off to their destination, Hyukjae and Donghae hardly noticing how long the trip takes by busying themselves with each other, uttering only sweet words and mentioning funny stories to pass the time. They gain some attention from the people in the seats across the aisle however when Hyukjae tells a particularly hilarious joke and Donghae laughs like he’s being strangled and repeatedly slaps his boyfriend to vent his amusement.

They calm down pretty quickly after that, dissolving into a fit of silent laughter when everyone turns back to their previous occupations. Thankfully, no one bothers to pay attention to them after that, Hyukjae deciding to place light kisses along Donghae’s neck as the brunette holds back soft moans and instead grasps Hyukjae’s hand for emotional stability. No one bothers their secluded display of love, the two males only caring about giving the other their full attention.

“Hyuk, you should stop that now because I think part of me is getting a bit too excited from that,” Donghae whispers, squeezing Hyukjae’s hand as the other pulls away from his neck.

“Don’t worry, I’ve got the same problem,” Hyukjae replies sheepishly when Donghae blushes a delicate and hardly noticeable shade of pink.

One last kiss to Donghae’s cheek allows them to be content before they fall asleep, safe in the presence of each other. Sleeping without worry, they awake only a few minutes before they are destined to stop, high-fiving in success at not letting themselves sleep for the whole day in the bus.

After thanking the driver and getting off, Hyukjae leads Donghae to the shortest line in front of the ticket booths, waiting happily with easy conversation about what to do first, and of course Donghae wants to go on the biggest rollercoaster before anything else. Debating whether or not to let Donghae go by himself on that, Hyukjae decides to man up to the challenge, purchasing their tickets from the lady behind the counter before grasping Donghae’s hand and setting off to the other side of the huge theme park.

Having been here several times before, Hyukjae manages to get them to the right place, slightly paling when seeing the sheer height and drops that make up the towering ride. However, Donghae’s hand in his own gives him enough strength to overcome his fear, easily entering the now empty ride with the few others that had come here in an early morning dash. The ride supervisor eyes their linked hands speculatively before giving them a small smile, considerately brightening their day to already be accepted willingly by a member of their narrow-minded society who is unlike the rest.

And of course Donghae drags Hyukjae right to the back seat of the ride, claiming that it seems even faster from the back which adds to the thrill, Hyukjae just agrees because this ride isn’t going to get any better no matter what. Everything seems to catch up with him though when the safety bar in front of them is lowered, both males now trapped in their seats. Trying not to freak out and seem like a wimp in front of his ecstatic boyfriend, Hyukjae takes a deep breath, closing his eyes to calm himself as the rollercoaster train makes its first movements.

The ride starts to ascend, Hyukjae looking forward with a whimper when he sees the sharp drop approaching faster than he has anticipated. Panicked, he looks at Donghae for help, but it is too late. The final tick of the ride lurching over the peak of the metal railing signals his doom and before he knows it, his stomach is falling and he screams like all of the other unfortunate people who were dragged onto this ride unwillingly.

Sensing Hyukjae’s obvious distress and panic, Donghae quickly manoeuvres his arm around Hyukjae’s body to hold onto the bar on the other side of him, effectively letting Hyukjae bury his face into his neck for comfort. As the rollercoaster continues its dips and dives, Hyukjae can only press himself further into his source of protection, eyes scrunched up so tightly that tears are clumping his eyelashes together without wetting his face.

Finding himself cooing inwardly at this adorable side of his other half, Donghae rubs his hand comfortingly against Hyukjae’s side before moving to hold Hyukjae’s hand against the bar as they approach probably the worst part, the corkscrew. By the end of the traumatic ride, Hyukja

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter