Chapter Two

Loving You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Boarding the bus in the morning is a mundane task to Donghae, something that occurs while he’s still half-asleep, school not allowing him enough rest as he requires. Usually he’d be too afraid to fall asleep again because he’d most likely miss the stop for his school or someone could touch him indecently, it almost happened on a frequent basis, thankfully he was well aware and avoided it.

But today as Hyukjae follows straight after him and sits beside him, Donghae is allowed the satisfaction and peace of falling back asleep, surrounded by the arms of someone who would protect him from the world.

The light puffs of breath that Hyukjae can feel against his neck cause him to close his eyes, completely savouring the feeling of the most precious person in his world trusting him with watching over him. The warmth hitting his skin induces a pleased shudder and Hyukjae thinks he’d be fine right now if time would stop, letting him hold his reason for existence against him forever.

“I love you,” He whispers when he opens his eyes again, running a hand through brunette hair gently. Donghae only shuffles closer to him in his unconscious state, unaware of the overwhelming need Hyukjae has to just kiss all over his perfect skin.

Of course Hyukjae restrains himself, he loves Donghae far too much to turn into one of the people that he despises, and so the rest of the reasonably peaceful journey, Hyukjae watches fondly over him and rests his cheek atop soft brunette.

Donghae feels the faintness of gentle across his cheek, waking him up with a yawn that could be compared to one of a cat’s that had been just woken from slumber, Hyukjae’s laughter bringing him fully to consciousness. “You’re so cute, baby.”

“Baby?” Donghae questions, raising an eyebrow delicately and causing Hyukjae to nervously laugh due to panic clutching at his insides, “I like it.”

Feeling himself blush when Hyukjae stares at him in complete disbelief, Donghae just settles himself back into his previous spot, head resting against Hyukjae’s chest.

“We have to get off next, so don’t even think about going back to sleep,” Hyukjae warns.

“And if I do?” Donghae responds, looking up at him with a mischievous smirk.

Returning the smirk with his own, Hyukjae moves a hand to Donghae’s waist causing him to startle a bit before leaning in to surprise him with an almost silent whisper of, “Then I’ll just have to tickle you until you can’t bear to think of sleeping again.”

Sitting up completely when hearing the words, Donghae frowns lightly, “I’m a man, Hyukjae. You can’t overcome me with mere tickling.”

Considering the spoken words a challenge, the elder can only laugh lightly before holding himself back, muttering, “Alright, baby, you win,” noting that it probably isn’t the right time to reduce the younger to a flushed mess when he isn’t able to revive him with a kiss.

The bus stops before their easy banter can continue, Hyukjae standing and lacing his hand with Donghae’s as they exit through the doors, swiping their cards across the machine on the way out.

Jessica is eagerly waiting to greet Donghae as soon as they are out of the bus, she had been waiting outside for him for ten minutes already, eager to make up for making him face Minho yesterday. But what she sees knocks her previous thoughts completely out of her head, Hyukjae’s hand firmly grasping Donghae’s, their fingers fitted together with perfect balance and harmony.

Honestly, Jessica thinks that she’s gone a bit faint after witnessing such a pure devotion of love, commonly taken for granted but obviously not by the pair with only eyes for each other.

“Hey, Jess! I didn’t expect you to be waiting here, you must be cold,” Donghae fusses as soon as he sees her, wrapping his free arm around her shoulders and pulling her side against his to help her warm up, Jessica having forgotten her jersey at home and only wearing their school’s blouse and the other elements of the girls’ uniform. 

Donghae has no idea of Jessica’s inward regret at stealing his attention away from Hyukjae, and Jessica chooses not to voice it as to keep the atmosphere comfortable, leaning into Donghae’s hold as she warms up again.

Making their way into the school building, they earn a few stares due to their odd placement, Hyukjae and Donghae holding hands while Jessica is mushed into his side. They remain blissfully unaware and the trio make their way toward Donghae’s locker, making sure he has everything for class before trailing off to Jessica’s and then Hyukjae’s, finally stopping at their first class for the day.

“Ugh, I am so not in the mood for Biology today,” Donghae mutters, sitting on a chair near the middle of the class.

With a pained laugh, Jessica sits beside him, sympathetically patting his shoulder while murmuring, “I hear you, bro.”

Grinning at the random endearment, Donghae lets out a sigh before stretching his limbs, almost whacking Hyukjae in the eye when he moves to sit down next to him. Sheepishly uttering a small apology, Donghae lets out a weird grunt when Hyukjae playfully hauls him onto his lap, eliciting a laugh from Jessica.

Everything seems friendly until the point when Donghae has his legs slung either side of the chair, fully facing Hyukjae and proceeds to rest his forehead against the elder’s, very much like their position from yesterday, “I love you, Hyukjae.”

“I love you too, baby,” Hyukjae replies just as tenderly, arms wrapped completely around Donghae’s waist as their eyes fall closed simultaneously, hearts racing at the proximity. Not able to bear it any longer, Donghae drops his head to the side, his lips brushing along Hyukjae’s jaw before he fully sinks against his body.

Unable to keep silent any longer, Jessica whimpers, “You two are so perfect together, I am so ing done with this world if you don’t start going out before the end of today.”

Laughing merrily at Jessica’s words, Hyukjae pulls Donghae closer, burying his head against his neck and inhaling his comforting scent before turning to look at her, noting the unshed tears lacing her eyes, “Holy . Do we really look that good?”

“Yep,” She responds, laughing at her own overwhelming sensitivity to seeing her best friend completely in love with the one who is obviously his soul mate.  “Here, pass me your phone.”

Hyukjae unwinds an arm to pull the device out of his pocket handing it to the girl before returning his arm to Donghae’s body. Leaning back a bit, Donghae cups Hyukjae’s cheek with his hand, rubbing his thumb over the smooth skin with slow .

Completely caught up in the moment, Donghae gives into his cravings, planting a delicate kiss to Hyukjae’s fringe covered forehead. “You’re so gorgeous, my lovely Hyukjae.”

Without any power to stop the next actions, Donghae is left to console the man who has captured his heart, as the object of his affections hugs him as tight as he can, needing to express his undying gratitude for such a precious display of only the purest and innocent love.

“Please tell me that you got that, Jessica,” Hyukjae mumbles, finally releasing Donghae enough for him to breathe again. The girl’s affirmative answer has both males sighing in contentment, feeling completely elated and so thankful to have each other.

Passing the phone back to the eldest male, Jessica grins when seeing Donghae gazing lovingly as Hyukjae leans back into him. She observes how Hyukjae gives him a reassuring grin as if to say that he was never going to leave him; that he would always be there.

Opening the photos application, Hyukjae pres

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter