JUST REMEMBER (A Son Dongwoon Fan Fiction) - CHAPTER 2: The Diary

JUST REMEMBER (A Son Dongwoon Fanfic)

 

 CHAPTER 2: The Diary

 

BEAST arrived at their dormitory after their successful show in Japan, everyone was a bit tired but elated. The boys were almost finished unpacking their stuff. As usual, the dorm is a bit messy after a trip abroad.

Son Dongwoon opened the abundant fridge (stocked food and drinks were mostly from fans), he shoved Junhyung’s can of coke aside and grabbed a bottle of water. He took a sip from it and looked around his Hyung’s (senior group members).

 

Yoseob hyung was busy fumbling with his phone for his usual twitter updates, Gikwang hyung was stretching his arms while pulling up his socks, Junhyung hyung was slumped on his bed starting to fall asleep, Hyunseung was sorting out his fan gifts, Leader Dujun hyung is shut in the bathroom.

 

His BEAST hyungs have been like his second family, his blood brothers. They’ve been through good and rough times together. Being a celebrity was never simple, but despite all the pain and hardship it still made him feel good because he knew it was his passion. The euphoria of being on stage and hearing fans screaming your name is incomparable.

 

“Dongwoon-ah –” Dongwoon snapped out of his deep thoughts and saw Yoseob walking towards him, pocketing his phone, “ –Shiksahabsida!” he added rubbing his tummy, inviting Dongwoon to eat.

 

He and Yoseob loved to eat. They even get blamed for missing food just because his hyungs knew it’s one of their habits.

 

Dongwoon glimpsed at the wall clock, indicating that its already 9:00pm, and he needed to finish unpacking his stuff.

“Gwenchanseupnida hyung”, Dongwoon refused politely, smiling.  “I need to finish unpacking”.

 

“Okay then, you’ll miss the fun” said Yoseob, giggling mischievously and starting to raid the fridge.

 

Dongwoon shook his head, smiling. He then headed to the bedroom and on his bed where his suitcase was still half open.

 

Dongwoon sat on the his bunk bed, hearing Junhyung’s mild snore. Out in the living room he could hear sounds from the computer (it’s probably Hyunseung and Gikwang hyung playing again). Then suddenly, his mind wandered back at the airport when he bumped somebody, to the pair of big blue eyes he saw. He had seen different colored-eyes (with or without contact lenses,that is), they have local and international fans and he commonly see that during fanmeetings. But that particular pair of blue eyes struck him differently, as well as the face of the one who owned them.

 

“Aish...” Dongwoon shrugged the thought away. Why would he think about her? He was able to say sorry anyway. Too bad he had to leave in a rush. The cameras still made him feel embarassed.

 

He grabbed the black backpack previously owned by Dujun, but then saw something different about it. For one thing, the brand was not the same anymore and it got a little smaller. Dujun’s bag was bigger and he remembered filling it with fan gifts before they left Japan.

 

“Ah...” he said in a worry, “Eottoke?”

 

“Ya, waegeurae?” Dujun just came in the room with a toothbrush in his mouth, asking what the matter was.

 

“Hyung, I think I lost the backpack you lend me...” Dongwoon said slowly, showing Dujun the bag in his hands now.

 

“Mwo?!” Dujun exclaimed (toothbrush almost fell of his mouth), he sat on the bed next to Dongwoon and grab the bag from him. “Then who’s bag is this?”

 

“Mollayo... I must’ve got the wrong one from the luggage conveyer at the airport, ” Dongwoon shrugged, “should we open it?” he added.

 

Dujun shook the bag, pressing his ears lightly to it. Dongwoon looked at him in confusion with what he’s doing “Hyung...?”

 

“I was making sure there was no bomb in it.” Dujun said seriously. Dongwoon laughed.

 

“How could there be bomb in this? I would’ve then got arrested at the airport for carrying it”

 

“Open it then,” Dujun challenged.

 

Still sniggering, Dongwoon ped the backpack. He found a couple of Billabong tshirts, a baseball cap,  a shampoo and conditioner. And as he digged deeper, he pulled out a red leather bound journal with a residence address in Seoul at the back and the word Diary embedded at the front cover. It has a tiny lock.

 

“What’s that?” Dujun looked closer at it.

 

“I think it’s a Diary. It has a lock though...” Dongwoon responded, he searched the bag pockets for a tiny key that he could use to open it, but he found none. Instead, he found an American passport in one of the pockets.

 

“Omo...” Dongwoon said in amazement.

 

“Wae? Who does it belongs to?” Dujun asked, intrigued.

 

Dongwoon did not answer but continued to stare at the picture. There was no mistaking those pair of big blue eyes.

                                                                                  ****