#2- Surprise!

Struck by Love

(YOUR POV) 

Finally, its a fresh new morning! Third year has been going well since it started, after becoming friends with Kai, i suddenly feel so much more relaxed in class, not that tensed like before. I no longer have to sneak glances at what he was doing, and i'm really glad that he's stopped with all the insults and teasings. I guess he isn't that much of a bad boy after all. Besides, having Hannie and Baek together in class with me, even better than Hannie is living together with me, i can't explain how happy i am. Just so glad to be with them again, just like the good old times. 

"Ha En ah! Ready to go shopping?!" Hannie screamed as i saw the door flung open. 

"Yes yes. I'm finally done drying my hair. Let's go!" I said as i slung my bag around me. 

Yes, its the 6th of May and it was the BIG DAY of our bestestest friend, Byun Baek Hyun! We two have decided to have a surprise birthday celebration or Baek at his house later on. For the past few days, we have been acting as if we have forgotten about his birthday but in actual fact, we have already started planning our surprise weeks ago! hehe. We just hope that he will really really like it. 

"Lets see what do we need.." Hannie said while checking against her to-buy-list on her phone. "Birthday cake, street snacks ...." and the list went on and on. Hannie and I are equally as excited about this surprise as I am. We really want to make this as memorable as we can! Just as she finished listing out what we have to buy, we set off excitedly and buy the things before leaving to Baekhyun's house. 

(BAEKHYUN'S POV)

"I am so disappointed. How can they ever forget that its my 18th birthday today! I guess they shrugged it off since we have been bestfriends for so long.. Stupid girls. I am so not gonna talk to them ever again. hmph." I scolded my two girls as i look through our bestfriends album. 

It has been years, that i even lost count, of our close friendship. It has always been a miracle for a boy, to be THIS close with two pretty girls. They never left me once and was constantly by my side. My parents love them to bits and would always joke around and say for one of them to be my girlfriend. but no. Well well, i guess the three of us can only stay as friends. but still, i'm still angry at them for forgetting about my birthday. Thank god, i can still exo later during our practice for the upcoming school recital. 

(YOUR POV)

Oh my goodness. i can't wait! The both of us are actually on our way to Baekhyun's house and i seriously can't wait to see him! I bet he must be so furious at us for "forgeting" his birthday. We are such geniuses for coming up with this plan to lie to him at first, then shower him with our love.

"Ha En ah, what is our first step later?" I heard Hannie asked questioningly. 

"Hmmm. Baek is alwayssss the one getting the door, so we shall have fun with that!" I replied with a smirk.

"Have fun with Baek opening the door?" she asked as i saw her scratch her head in confusion. 

"No No No. Since he is always the one opening to the door, we shall use it as an opportunity! We shall press the doorbell and duck away, being the curious boy he always is, he will definitely open he door and check who is it out there. So, when we open we door, we shall get ready oour whip cream bottles and spray it right in his face! OMO. i bet he will be so speechless by then. After that we will shout HAPPY BIRTHDAY BACON to him with his whipcream-ed face. oh my gawd. This would be so fun." I replied while clasping my palms together and started laughing like a seal. 

"But.. will he get angry? You and I both know that he value his face the most.. Whip cream and Baek's face, i can't imagine."Hanne said with a face full of worry. 

"Don't worry! We bought so many things for him! We have got tornado potato skewers, french fry corn dogs, tteokbokki and so many other more street snacks that he loves! Besides, we even prepared his favourite tiramisu birthday cake along side with a best friend tshirt and snapback! I am sure he will not be angry after that. Baek just loves us too much to even be angry. hehehe" I said with a wide smile.

"You're right. hahaha. I can't wait! Come on! Let's go upstairs now!" She said as she pulled her by my arm into the lift.

The both of us were speculating Baekhyun's shock face and giggling over it, being so excited about this entire surprise.

"Okay, let's get ready." I said, trying to keep it a serious tone but ended up bursting into laughter. Hannie then shushed me down and got ready the whip cream bottle in hand, ready to spray onto Baekhyun's flawless face. "Get ready to have the most memorable birthday ever Byun Baekhyun. muhahaha" I said evil-ly as i squat down low just by the edge of Baekhyun's front door. 

"DING-DONG!" I stretched to press the bell. Once we heard the door click open, both of us sprung up, flunk open the whip cream bottle, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY BACON OPPA!" The both of us shouted, laughing like mad as we spray the whip cream like no tomorrow. 

"What is happening?" We heard a familiar voice say. 

Just as we look up, we saw Baekhyun staring at us with his eyes threatening to pop out. That was when we were too shocked. 

"Baek.. it wasn't you who opened the door.." Ha En said slowly. "THEN WHO ARE YOU?" We both shouted as we pointed at the tall guy who is standing right by Baekhyun's door step with his face filled with whipcream. 

(NOBODY'S POV)

Just as expected, the 5 other exo boys have decided to drop by Baekhyun's place to have a nice chat and have some nice food before heading out for their dance practice. 

"Hyung! Happy Birthday!" Sehun the maknae greeted the older Baekhyun with a hug. 

"Gomawo Sehun-ah." Baekhyun replied while returning the hug. 

The rest of exo then wished Baekhyun happy birthday one by one before they sat down in the living room and started to have their nice chat sess. "Suho hyung, shall we order chicken to celebrate Baekkie's birthday?" Chanyeol, the hyper one said. "That sounds like a great idea. What do you say birthday boy?" Suho asked Baekhyun with a huge smile. "Anything is fine, having the companion of you guys are the best present!" Baekhyun replied as he put his arm around the boys. 

"I shall proceed to order then!" Chanyeol said excitedly while calling for delivery. "Let me use the washroom first. Make yourself feel at home alright!" Baekhyun said as he proceeded to the washroom. 

"DING-DONG!" Suddenly they heard the doorbell rang! 

(CHANYEOL'S POV)

"WOOH, chicken delievery is so efficient these days! Let me go get it!" I exclaimed and went to answer to the door bell. Who knows i wasn't greeted by chicken but instead, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY BACON OPPA!" after hearing that, all that i know was that i was drowned in white cream. 

"What is happening?" I suddenly heard Baekhyun say from behind me. 

"Baek.. it wasn't you who opened the door.." I heard a girl say slowly. "THEN WHO ARE YOU?" Two voices were heard, both shouting loudly in my face.

"I am not Baekhyun, I am Chanyeol." I replied as i tried to flick the white cream off of my face, only to find out it was actually whip cream.

As i opened my eyes, i was greeted by two familiar faces, whom i remember as Ha En and Hannie, bestfriends of Baekhyun. After that, all that i heard was the roar of laughter coming from the remaining exo boys in the house. 

"OMO, Chanyeol-sshi! We are so sorry we didn't know it was you. Oh my goodness." I heard Hannie say frantically as i see her searching for something in her bag, not long after she then started to wipe off the whip cream on my face and shirt with tissue papers.

"We are really sorry about this Chanyeol-sshi, really really sorry. We wanted to surprise Baekhyun thinking that he would be the one who would open the door, since he always does. We really don't know that it was you who would answer the door. Really very sorry Chanyeol-sshi." I heard the girl say softly yet frantically. 

Just when i watch her wipe the whip cream off my face, i looked at her closely, then to realise that she is really a pretty young lady.. and she somehow resembles her.... 

"Its alright, i'm fine. I had a fair treat of whip cream thanks to you girls, i should thank you both instead. And drop the formalities, just call me chanyeol oppa." I said as i grab her hands to stop her from wiping. 

"Oh... okay. Still, we're very sorry Chanyeol-ss, ah Chanyeol oppa." I heard her say shyly, as i saw a tint of red coming up her cheeks.

I let go of her hands, gave them all a smile and proceeded to the washroom to clean up myself. 

(YOUR POV)

Upon seeing that it was Chanyeol-sshi that we sprayed whip cream onto, I felt soooo guilty and i kept bowing my head low to show that i am really sorry about that. But seeing how Hannie interacted with Chanyeol-sshi, helping him wipe his face and clean his shirt, i can't help but to be a little teeny bit happy that the person who got the whip cream treat was Chanyeol-sshi, at least that gave him a chance to realise how thoughtful Hannie actually is. 

"AND, what are you girls doing here huh." I turn to see Baekhyun with his hands on his hips, pouting like a small kid, with a hint of anger, but still cuter than ever. 

"As you can see... we wanted to surprise you.. since it is your 18th birthday. but we failed, very badly." Hannie replied with a pout as she looked down to the ground to show her disappointment. 

"Yeah.. we bought along a lot of snacks too, all of your favourite, thinking of spending today specially with you. But .. we're really sorry Baek. we were just pretending to forget that its your big day, how can we ever forget such an important day." I said as i played with my fingers. 

"yah yah. did i say anything about blaming anyone? Come on you girls, you know that i hate it the most when you two pout and play with your fingers. I'm glad that you guys didn't forget about my birthday. Come on, lets all get in and share the food. EXO is here as well, we can all have fun together." Baekhyun said as he held our hands and we all went into his apartment, only to be greeted by 4 ( excluding chanyeol who is in the washroom ) flower boys. 

We exchanged our greetings and sat down and had a really nice chit chat session with each other. Sharing the food and laughter with much love. I was seated in between Hannie and Kai, who kept cracking lame jokes and all of us ended up laughing like crazy. Hannie was also having a great time, sitting next to Chanyeol on the other side. I can sense some love in the airrrrr! hahaha. 

"Are you guys up for a competition?"  Suho sshi suddenly said. 

"What competition is that Suho sshi?" Hannie asked. 

"The tornado potato competition! To see who can finish the potato skewer the fastest! and just call of us oppa, since you girls are younger than all of us here." Suho oppa said. 

"A eating competition? I'm definitely in!" I said with great enthusiasm as i raised my hand high up in air. 

"Me too!" "Me three!" and responses were heard all along the way. 

Finally the "competition" started, and all the participants started eating. Suho, Baekhyun, DO, Chanyeol, Sehun and I were all in the competition. The only spectators were Kai and Hannie who were rooting for different people perspectively. 

Just as i was eating my tornado potato, savouring the taste, i feel Kai leaning closer and closer to me. 

"www-what do you want?" I stuttered and asked Kai.

"You have potato crisps on your face you silly girl." I heard him say as i felt his warm fingers brush off my cheeks.

"oh. Gomawo Kai.. oppa." I replied with a shy smile as i resumed thinking.

'omg. why is my heart beating so quickly.' i thought to myself, i can feel myself fluttering because of his sudden action and having his gorgeous face so close to mine.. i can't react. 

and as a result of spazzing over Kai's gorgeous face and the fluttering, i lost the competition. but Kai wasn't the sole reason, my competitors were too strong.

"And the winner goes to....... DO KYUNG SOO!" Suho said and all of us laughed and applauded loudly. 

"Kids, do not try this at home. I am trained to eat the tornado potato quickly." D.O joked and all of us ended up laughing once again. 

I never once thought that exo would be such nice people, i thought that they would be such stuck up s who go around thinking that girls are swooning over their looks and throw their weight around. It was the exact opposite, the exo boys are nice and friendly people, they are actually just like normal beings, just with the fact of having angel like good looking faces. 

"Hannie Ha En, would you two like to tag along with us to our dance practice? We are rehearsing for our school's upcoming concert. It would be nice for you girls to be there to give us some comments." Sehun asked. 

Hannie and I looked at each other, before turning to them and nod our heads. "Alright then, lets go!" Sehun said with much enthusiasm and we all left for their dance studio. 

I have never once see them dance before. I heard from Baek that the 6 of them actually formed a dance team themselves to perform for our school and our teachers were really supportive as well. I heard from many of their fan girls that they look really hot, like H-O-T hot while dancing, so Hannie and I are prepared to watch the 6 boys dance. 

Kai, who was actually appointed as the main dancer was standing in front middle of their formation. They were all having serious yet charming looks on their faces. Once the music started, it was as if another soul entered their body, all of them were emitting out the manly and matured gusto feel that we didn't feel from them on the other days when we were just hanging out and joking around. I turned to see Hannie turned red and she saw Chanyeol dance, in his dance attire, which was just a basic muscle tank top which perfectly showed off his GUNS, and a black sweat pants. I can totally see her checking him out, so i simply nudged her arm and for being such a fangirl of Chanyeol.

As the music developed to the chorus, I suddenly see Sehun emerging at the front, leadng the team in the dance. My eyes immediately widened as i saw him stare at him with his twinkling eyes, and did his perfectly captivating dance steps like body waves and hip s. I swear, that moment, Sehun definitely didn't feel like a kid anymore, he transformed into a charming young man. I brought my hands up to cover half of my face below my eyes to cover up the supposedly blush on my cheeks, but i died when Sehun decide to wink at me. Oh oh oh flutters again. Gosh what kind of magic do the exo boys possess in order to make me feel like this. oh my goodness i swear i'm dying. Each of them also had a solo move and it perfectly showed out the charm in them. Even Baekhyun, who was supposedly the girliest of them all was charming and manly at that time, good one best friend.

As the song ended, Hannie and I stood up and gave them a loud and resounding applause, because they really danced well and i'm sure that it would be one of the best performance ever in our school. But with those alluring moves in the dance, i can't gurantee that all of the girls can leave school in a piece after the concert, probably all with red and bleeding noses. Just kidding, i was exagerating it a little, but they were indeed H-O-T. 

After their break for about 15 minutes, we then decided to drop by a Chinese restaurant for our dinner of the day, to wrap up their awesome practice and Baekhyun's18th birthday. We talked, we laughed and shared many embarassing and funny moments, stories to each other while having our dinner, it was my first time to be able to be having such a fun dinner together with my lovely friends, and it was indeed a good memory.

Suddenly, Baekhyun stood up and said, "This is the first year, that we EXO have two girls, Ha En and Hannie joining us. Thank you girls for being willing to hang out with a bunch of smelly boys like us, and thank you EXO for accepting these two girls with us. It was indeed a memorable 18th birthday, so let us all have a toast! To more years of our awesome friendship!" Baekhyun said, raising his glass high up. "To more years of our awesome friendship!" We all stood up, and echoed after Baekhyun while raising our glass high up, before gulping down the drink. 

 

*YAY! Finally chapter 2 is up! I decided to update today, and put it in conjunction with our DEAREST BAEKHYUN'S BIRTHDAY! Happy Birthday Byun Baekhyun! <3 hehehe. I hope that you guys enjoyed this chapter, sorry if its too lengthy!  On the side note, I actually don't want this story to be ONLY about Kai and Ha En, i plan to make it like a all rounded story, with developments of almost every key character and their love life. Hope you guys like this chapter! THANK YOU! :) 

 

SUSCRIBE, COMMENT, UPVOTE! :D