Chapter Two

My Fancy Someone

chapter two

Focused in front of his computer, Lu Han was trying to get back what was once his.

It was just a typical Friday afternoon but Lu Han had spent it like any other day—waking up, preparing an instant coffee, shuffling towards his office and working until the end of the day. And no matter how many times his secretary tried to convince to take a break, he still refused to do so.

The grudge in his heart was just too strong.
In fact, that was his only motor to keep him sane and alive.

With his middle finger, he adjusted his glasses, took a sip of his (already cold) coffee and sighed deeply. This was going to be harder than he thought.

Deep in his train of thoughts, Lu Han did not even notice that his secretary—a.k.a the best friend who does this on his own will—was crouched behind his chair.

“Boo.” whispered Chanyeol, in his best friend’s ear, only to be welcomed home by the back of a palm.

Luhan didn’t even move an inch. Throughout the times (and after many, many sessions of therapy), Lu Han had developed a skill called the I-Don’t-Give-A-ity-, which was created especially against idiotic Chanyeols. Of course, not to mention, it came with a move of self-defense, which usually solves the case relatively well.

Chanyeol cursed at himself; he should have seen it coming, since he gets this treatment at least thrice a day—morning, noon, and afternoon.

“Good afternoon to you too Lu Han,” Chanyeol muttered under his breath sarcastically as he rubbed his nose.

“Good afternoon, Chanyeol,” the latter said, unfazed. “I see you still haven’t developed a new strategy to supposedly scare me.”

“Can you at least look at me when you are speaking? You know, sometimes I wonder if you signed up for an online dating site—being on your computer 24/7 and completely uninterested by the outside world.”

And that did the trick.

Lu Han slowly turned his head around with an indifferent look on his face but Chanyeol knew that look—it was the You-Better-Shut-Up-Right-Now-I’m-Working-Here look. Indeed, that indifferent look of his, slowly and surely turned into an icy glare.

Chanyeol gulped down and chuckled nervously before moving behind his chair, and started massaging the older male’s shoulders. However, Chanyeol still went on with his speech because no matter how cold Lu Han’s eyes were, he knew that his heart was as soft as a baby skin’s. He knew that Lu Han was the kind of friend with whom you can pretty much mess around but still will always be there for you.

“Lu Han, it’s okay to be desperate.” Chanyeol tried to soothe him, and as Lu Han was about to push his hands away, the former firmly kept them on his shoulders. “But why live in a cyber-world when you can just dress up and take a few steps to the outside world. I mean, you’re young—okay, maybe not as young as me but that’s beside the main point—full of ambitions, with, if you allow me, a face sculpted by God Himself. No lady would ever say no to that!”

Lu Han raised an eyebrow. He felt slightly uncomfortable with where this conversation was going.

“Chanyeol, dear, do you like me?” Lu Han asked, with a suspicious look.

But before Chanyeol could have retorted back with something, Lu Han sighed dramatically and took off his glasses before intertwining his fingers together with a face full of wisdom.

“Chanyeol, look, you’re a great friend and all, but I don’t want to take this relationship we have, onto another level. I mean, I know it’s going to be hard to find someone better than me, but seriously, you have to let me go if you want to be happy in the future.”

Oh right. Chanyeol forgot that his best friend could joke as well.

“You should stop worrying about this not-so-young friend of yours, and worry about your love life instead, hm?” Lu Han suggested with a fake smile before trying to go back to his work, but Chanyeol saw through his trick.

“Oh no, no, no, no. You are not getting away with this.” Chanyeol spun his chair around and Lu Han had an annoyed expression plastered on his face.

The tall guy started analyzing the other male from head-to-toe, and nodded approvingly.

“I think I have just the right thing for you.”


[a/n]
Queenie: Why so short? Don't ask me, ask the girl below me.
Ailin: I kinda like it this way.. Don't you? :3