Chapter One

My Fancy Someone

chapter one

Sprawled all over the couch, head and face buried into a couch pillow; that was basically how Oh Sehun was right now.

It was just a typical Friday afternoon and Sehun suddenly decided to visit his best friend, Jongdae, because he loved him very, very much. Okay, maybe it wasn’t that sudden since he had done this for who knew how long—it basically became a routine for him to simply barge into Jongdae’s flat.

Sehun only decided to get up when he heard the door opening, and he knew that his best friend was back from work. Jongdae, who just came in, noticed Sehun’s shoes, and let out a small sigh of irritation, before taking out his own.

Not that he had anything against his friend or anything. On the very contrary, if it wasn’t for Sehun, Jongdae wouldn’t have been able to find a job, and instead, he would be living in the streets right now. However, he still didn’t like the fact that Sehun was using that excuse to blackmail him into letting him visit whenever he wanted.

“What’s up?” Sehun hollered before burying his face back into the pillow, while Jongdae simply shook his head in disbelief, before entering his kitchen.

“Nothing much, just went to the grocery store after work since I somehow had a feeling that you would be here.”

When Sehun heard the word ‘grocery store’ coming out of Jongdae’s mouth, he immediately sat right up, and turned around to face Jongdae, who was in his kitchen, taking out the stuff he had bought. And when Jongdae noticed that the room was too silent, he brought his eyes up, to only be startled by Sehun, who kept blinking repetitively at him.

Jongdae raised a skeptical eyebrow over at him, and the younger male still continued. The former rolled his eyes once again, and decided to go back to his room to change into more comfortable clothing, because who said that a suit and a tie were comfortable to wear? Definitely not Jongdae.

After changing, Jongdae came right out of his room, somewhat expecting that Sehun would have taken out everything out of its’ bags, and would have put them into its’ respective shelves. But when he saw that Sehun was still sprawled over his couch, he knew that he had hoped for too much.

Well, at least, this time, Sehun had done something else other than to laze around on the couch. This time, he actually moved his to grab the remote control and turn on the TV.

“Baby steps… baby steps…” Jongdae sighed in desperation, “If this goes on, maybe one day I’ll be lucky enough to be welcomed home by an odor of food.”

Aware that his thoughts were wandering off to hopeless dreams once again, Jongdae chuckled to himself and snorted, “Yeah right. Keep on dreaming, Kim Jongdae.”

“Say, Jongdae?” Sehun hollered from the couch, and this time, he was lying on his tummy across the couch, and then turned around to be on his back.

“Mhm?” his friend answered absentmindedly.

“Pass me a bowl of chips,” he innocently asked, and when he didn’t receive an answer, Sehun reluctantly got up only to be attacked by his bag of ketchup-flavoured chips.

It wasn’t like he hated his friend, but sometimes, he just wished that Sehun would act less like an arrogant brat, and more the like gentleman he once were.

“Okay, I’ve had enough!” Jongdae growled in annoyance before stomping to the living room, while Sehun was still recovering from the shock—it wasn’t every day that Jongdae snapped at him.

“Oh Sehun! Remind me again why are you even here in the first place? I don’t remember receiving a phone call from you today, announcing your oh-so-great visit.” Jongdae yelled at him, annoyed by the way he was behaving—it wasn’t like the Sehun he knew at all. “I mean, you’re young, intelligent, fairly good-looking...maybe not the funniest person alive, but we can work on that."

Sehun glared at him, but his friend still continued nonetheless.

“Anyways, what I was saying… Ah yes! Sehun, you’re in your twenties, buddy!” Jongdae threw his hands up in the air triumphantly. “It’s the time to screw around and leave no regrets for your future. I know what you’re thinking right now, but the past is in the past and man, you’ve got to learn how to move on. Go spend some quality with the ladies because—sorry to disappoint—your appeal doesn’t work on me.”

Sehun rolled his eyes. He was annoyed, not because of the fact that his best friend was scolding him, but because he was right. Sehun did not like it when other people were right.

Reluctantly, he got up—well, at least tried to—from the sofa he was lying on, only to be striven down by an incredible sensation of foot numbness and the male growled in annoyance.

“You know what? Come with me.” Jongdae then quickly grabbed Sehun’s wrist and lead him to his room. “Let’s get you change, and head out to the bars.”

“But it’s not even night yet!” Sehun protested, obviously against the idea of going to that place but Jongdae rolled his eyes.

“Well, at least you’ll have enough time to shower.” his best friend commented back and even leaned in to sniff him a little. “How long since you’ve had your last shower, dude?”

Sehun groaned out and unwillingly got dragged by his best friend to the bathroom, while the latter went back to his bedroom to only be back with new clothes in his arms.

“Here,” he threw the clothing at the younger one’s face. “You left those here the last time you slept over.”

Sehun stared at his clothes, as if he didn’t know what to do with them, while Jongdae threw him a look, as if he was saying ‘don’t make me do this for you’. That, of course, Sehun quickly understood and nodded, before closing the bathroom’s door.

The younger male let out a sigh and slowly slid down to the floor, his back against the door.

This was going to be a long night.


[a/n]
Queenie: Prologue #1 is up; this story will be quite slow paced #justsaying :) Thank you for those who've already subscribed to the story even though we still haven't posted the chapter yet ^^"

Ailin: I hope this gives you a little idea of what this story will look like...or not heh~ Luhan will come next, please anticipate it! ^^ We'd greatly appreciate feedbacks, ideas and we'll certainly answer every single one of your comments :) Let's all ship Hunhan together <3 become friends! :D