Part 5

One Wish

Sungmin made his self comfortable by sitting on the pink coach—which he certainly admire—filled with different kinds of stuff toys and pink little pillows. He felt splendid knowing that he was not the only guy on this city to have this weird obsession on pink things.

 

It was one of his secret es that only he, Yesung and his close friends know. Not that he was ashamed but some people find it pretty weird for a guy to like pink stuffs.

 

He decided to visit the doctor he met and got close to while he and Yesung stayed at the hospital during those critical days. Today was his day off from work and from the rehab center which was most specifically, Sunday. He was now off to see the doctor to find out if he had seen any weird things on his chest and he’s crossing his fingers, hoping they will find something cause it’s going to be crazy if there’s none.

 

“Mr. Lee?” The doctor’s assistant called his name. The assistant came out from the doctor’s office half anxious and half crimson while nervously fixing his hair, clothes and white coat. Sungmin can’t help but stared at the man—who looks like a Chinese person base from his features—confusingly while his eyes furrowed a little.

 

 “Heechul… uhm… I mean Doctor Kim is now ready to see you.”  The Chinese man stuttered. Hankyung was his name as far as Sungmin could remember. It has been awhile since he visited Dr. Kim and he didn’t know he had changed his assistant.

 

Sungmin just nodded. The Chinese man opened the door for him and he muttered a simple gratitude before he closes the door.

 

Doctor Kim Heechul was sitting contentedly at his swivel chair, reading at the papers which Sungmin assumed were the result from his examination.

 

“Have a sit, Lee Sungmin-sshii. How long has it been?” Dr. Kim Heechul said and made a quick gesture towards the chair across his table. Sungmin obliged.

 

“Not that long for me to forget about you.” Sungmin responded with a smile.

 

Dr. Kim smirked at him.

 

“Have you ever felt something weird in your chest recently?” The doctor asked.

 

“Well, there are times when I feel like it would just gradually stop beating for a moment and then the next it would start to beat abnormally.” Sungmin replied, reminiscing those moments he had with Kyuhyun.

 

“In what abnormal way?” Dr. Kim asked and Sungmin felt as if the doctor was rather intrigued.

 

“Like, it would beat loud and racing.” Sungmin bit his lips and started to play with his fingers, locking it in and out.

 

“And how often is this?” He followed another question.

 

Sungmin was a little hesitated to answer but he just couldn’t lie to the doctor because he was the only one who can help his cardiac abnormality situation.

 

“That… uh… I know you won’t believe this but…” He bit the back of his lips.“Most of the time when I’m with this person.”

 

Sungmin realized that he was holding his breath while saying those few last words.

 

Heechul cracked into a huge sounding laugh while he continues to play around with his rotating and irritating chair. Sungmin started to feel pissed off. He knew that Dr. Kim was kinda rude and intimidating but the fact that he could be dying is not a joke.

 

“This is a joke.” Heechul incredulously said when he stopped playing and he faced Sungmin.

 

“I don’t understand.” His eyes are narrowed and his brows creased as he stared at Heechul, confused.

 

“You don’t need me. You need a psychiatrist, Lee Sungmin-sshii.” Heechul eyes him seriously and the next thing he was laughing again.

 

“I think you should be the one to get some opinion on a psychiatrist.” Sungmin retorted.

 

Heechul raised his hands and rolled his eyes.“You came here thinking you have this heart disease? Okay then. I’ll give you this biggest discount you’ll ever have. I’m sparing you the time and money you’re going to spend when you visit a psychiatrist. I’ll tell you what’s wrong and you just have to believe me no matter what your freaking dumb heart and illogical mind say. You got me?”

 

Sungmin nodded disregarding the fact that he didn’t get what was the doctor’s monologue all about.

 

The doctor heaved his face a little closer. “You have to believe whatever I say. Getting a second opinion will only come from you.” The doctor said.

 

“Okay what?” Sungmin asked impatient.

 

“YOU. ARE. IN. LOVE.” Heechul made a firm stand in every word.

 

The words came one after another. Entering his ears and processing every letter, words and thoughts in his minds made his heart contracts and his mind being in chaos on the big revelation.

 

He is in love? With… Kyuhyun?

 

And the crazy thing is… he thought he was sick when in fact he was in love? It takes one retarded, pink obsessed doctor to knock him off his feet, say the things his heart was shouting and his mind denying.

 

He is in love with Kyuhyun.

 

Something he shouldn’t be feeling.

 

“No, it can’t be.” He whispered loud enough for the doctor to hear his whimper of unattainable.

 

Heechul rolled his eyes. “Yes, you are and I can’t see anything wrong with it, Lee Sungmin-sshii.” The doctor said staring at him with such amused eyes.

 

Sungmin grunted. “How can I possibly fall in love with a person who is deeply and achingly in love with a dead person?”

 

Heechul eyes widened for awhile then he was calm again. “I don’t entertain such private and intimate things with my idiot patients who happen to oversight being in love into a dramatic heart failure. But I’ll make an exemption.” Heechul said as he stretched his arms and rested it behind his head.

 

Sungmin was still confused. “I’ll get a second opinion on this.”

 

“You can and they’ll say you’re fine. Then when you’re gone they’ll be shaking their heads saying the same thing that their last patient was stupid to realize he was in love. The most accurate second opinion is from you. Stop denying and start accepting. You can never shove off what’s already in there.” Heechul pointed out Sungmin’s heart. “You can only accept it and fight for it.”

 

Sungmin swallowed the huge lump buried in his throat.

 

“Get your out of here. You’re too lucky enough to make me say the obvious denial and don’t push your luck on making me shout the truth coming from your inner self that you’re a retarded, weak and depriving bastard who refuse to accept his own feelings…. Opps… I did it.” And Heechul covered his mouth with his hands acting as if he didn’t mean to spill out everything.

 

Sungmin stood up, leaving the doctor’s office silently.

 

He is in love with Cho Kyuhyun?

 

Oh hell yeah he is! Damn him for being so denial of his own feelings.

 

And now what?

 

What will happen to his feelings?

 

Why on earth did he fell in love with someone in such way? He never thought love can be this complicated.

---

Standing in the front door, Sungmin, took a huge sigh and pressed the doorbell. Not long enough he heard the unlocking of the door.

 

“Sungmin hyung?” Donghae was a little surprised as soon as he saw Eunhyuk’s friend in their front door. It is rare for the guy to visit their apartment and most of all he looked so confound and lost.

 

“I’m sorry I didn’t call before coming.” Sungmin apologize. Donghae shook his head.

 

“No. No. You’re always welcome here hyung. Come inside. Eunhyuk is just fixing the computer I broke.” Donghae said as he took a step backward to widen the door and welcome Sungmin inside.

 

Sungmin stepped inside. It was not his first time coming over. He had stayed here for weeks when Yesung died and the couple has been there to comfort him.

 

“Yah Lee Hyukjae! Sungmin hyung is here.” Donghae shouted.

 

“What? Okay I’ll come out in a minute.” Eunhyuk shouted back.

 

Donghae smiled at Sungmin. “I’ll make you something to drink.” He said and rushed towards the kitchen.

 

“Hyung, something wrong?” Eunhyuk asked as soon as he came out from one room. His hair is a little tousled. He stared at Sungmin and Sungmin sigh. “Let’s have a sit.”

 

“This could be awkward but there’s something I’m bothered about.” Sungmin said.

 

Donghae was in the middle of putting the teas on the table. Eunhyuk glanced at his lover and Donghae smiled at him. Sungmin knew that they were the only one who can help him in this kind of situation.

 

“I’m in love.” Sungmin affirmed. His sweaty cold fingers are nervously tangling into each other one by one.

 

Surprised, Donghae and Eunhyuk looked at each other with their eyes wide open. Donghae opened his mouth then closed it again and nod on his lover to take over.

 

“Hyung, uhm… It came as a surprise. I mean of course you can fall in love. But with who? And why do you seem so bothered about it?” Eunhyuk asked Sungmin, his eyes were full of uncertainties. It is not everyday that Sungmin would knock on the door of their apartment and share his burdens. He was not like that. Sungmin will always resolve his problems all by his self and today Eunhyuk decided to stay beside his friend no matter how complicated things are.

 

Sungmin stayed quiet, unable to find the right words to describe and convey his feelings and situation.

 

“Hyung.” Donghae finally found his voice. “There’s nothing wrong about falling in love.” He cheered.

 

“I don’t want these feelings.” Sungmin shook his head and the two worriedly looked at each other and back at Sungmin. “I don’t even know what love is. I’ve never been in love. All I know is when I’m with him I feel at ease and uneasy at the same time. There’s a twist on my stomach and electric current when our skin touches. Plus, I even visited Dr. Kim for my cardio check up and it turns out that my heart was is healthy and he said I’m in love. But I don’t want to be.”

 

“Sungmin hyung.” Eunhyuk whispered.

 

Donghae sat beside Sungmin and he gently took Sungmin’s trembling hands.

 

“Hyung, those feelings no matter how you hate them you can’t just toss them around the corner. Feelings, how strong and weak they might be they are always real. There’s no way to refuse feeling in love when you’re already are. I don’t even understand why you hate what’s in here.” Donghae poked Sungmin’s left chest. “But whatever the reason is… you can’t runaway from it. Sungmin hyung will fight for what he feels right?” He asked and smiled warmly at him.

 

Sungmin stared at Donghae’s innocent and honest eyes. Donghae was undeniably stupid but what came out from his mouth is something real.

 

“I’m afraid.” Sungmin admitted.

 

“There’s no guarantee of infinite happiness in love. Whether you might get wounded while fighting or you might win in the end, a love without regrets is always worth a battle.”

 

Eunhyuk stared at his lover fondly and smiled. Donghae always have this ability to convey his true feelings in regards to what his mind says.

 

Sungmin smiled. “Thank you Donghae. I, Lee Sungmin, because of your words, decided that from tomorrow onwards I will be entering the battlefield of fighting for what I feel.” He determinedly said.

 

“That’s the spirit hyung.” Eunhyuk cheered.

 

Sungmin nodded happily.

 

A/N: Uhm. This story will be updated weekly from now on. I decided to finish it ASAP so I can proceed on my next fanfic. There will be around 5-7 chapters more base on my lame calculation.

My next update will be after 7 days and I hope you remind me to be diligent to write. Hahahaha. Talk to me on twitter: @dodonghaek

Enjoyyyy <3