Part 3

One Wish

The next time Kyuhyun and Sungmin met one another was right after New Year, when everything resumes and got back to their usual routine of walking up without any anticipation for a holiday celebration.

 

It was another year for everyone who wanted to start for new beginnings, new challenges and new built friendship… for Kyuhyun and for Sungmin.

 

What came after their massive talk of deep feelings was still a wonder for the both of them. Only the submissive understanding of their lonesome hearts made this silent agreement the next time they meet there will be no walls of division but rather a bridge of new found comfort with each other.

 

It was funny though; that some kind of stranger was actually meant to be your companion in times of lost. The most unexpected person, for Kyuhyun and Sungmin, can understand the longing of their unspoken feelings.

 

“Lunch?” Sungmin asked when he saw Kyuhyun dismissed Linda, the 18 year old girl who suffers from thyroid cancer. There was a bright smile on Sungmin’s face.

 

Kyuhyun nodded. “Ramen still suits the weather. Let’s go?” Kyuhyun said as he stood up and they both head for a walk outside the rehab center.

 

“You should eat healthily, you know.” Sungmin commented as he silently followed Kyuhyun’s tracks. “And please walk slowly.” He added, pouting and mouthing on how Kyuhyun’s legs are longer and his are shorter.

 

Kyuhyun paused and waited for Sungmin to catch up for a while and when he did, Kyuhyun made his pace a little slower than usual. “You probably stopped growing after middle school.” He remarked with a small teasing smile.

 

Sungmin pouted. “I’m older than you just in case you forgot. You should respect me.”

 

Kyuhyun made a small and quiet chuckle.

 

The city was a still packed with people but unlike the past few days, this time it was relatively filled with busy people whose time is occupied by their daily task and routines.

 

Seasons such as holidays will come and fade.

 

“Siwon had been asking me how I tamed someone as cold as Cho Kyuhyun. He seems to be interested in you, Kyuhyun-ah.” Sungmin teased as they walked with each other. Siwon had been bugging him for days on how Sungmin made friends with Kyuhyun and Sungmin would only smile as an answer.

 

Kyuhyun glanced at Sungmin for a while and smiled. “Who told him that we’re friends?”

 

Sungmin immediately stopped on his track, his eyebrows crease and his lips were pouting. “We’re not?”  He asked such volume that passersby would look back in curiosity.

 

As soon as Kyuhyun heard Sungmin’s incredulous complain, he looked back and took a few steps to Sungmin. “We are.” Kyuhyun assured and grabbed Sungmin’s wrist for them to continue their interrupted stroll. “You always take me the other way around.”

 

“And you always say things unclear.” Sungmin counter backed and Kyuhyun shrugged. His palm still hold a tight grip on Sungmin’s wrist and Sungmin was well aware of that strange tingle that brought a warm feeling in his heart. Something he had never felt before and something he was not sure of.

 

After their 10 minutes of bickering and walking they had finally arrived at the nearest Ramen store which was particularly Kyuhyun’s favorite store. And although Sungmin wanted to have a healthy lunch for today he had to deal with Kyuhyun’s seasonal craving or else he will have no one to eat with.

 

They comfortably sat across each other and Sungmin, being a first timer in that old Ramen store he took his time to scan the whole place.

 

It was old and yet there was a comfortable ambiance and Sungmin thought that Kyuhyun loves the mellow feeling of anything.

 

In the midst of his eye scanning, two lovers in the corner of the place took Sungmin’s attention. He silently watch as the couple shares their own world together, laughing, giggling and whispering like as if they were the only persons in the place.

 

“It’s rude to stare.” Kyuhyun snapped and Sungmin was a bit surprised.

 

“You scared me.” Sungmin’s eyes widened.

 

Kyuhyun glanced at the two couple who had caught Sungmin’s attention and shook his head for a few times. “What are you thinking?” Kyuhyun asked when he saw that Sungmin was again in his deep thoughts.

 

“I wonder how it feels to be in love.” Sungmin spoke, a bit dreamy. “Yesung… he had always told me to fall in love.”

 

There was a minute of pause before Kyuhyun opened his mouth to speak, “Falling in love is not as what you think it is, Sungmin. Some people fall in love in a joyous way and some people fall in love in a painful way… just like me.” He said with a slight pain on his last words.

 

Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun sympathetically. There was a slight clench in Sungmin’s heart as soon as he saw the hint of sorrow in Kyuhyun’s eye. “I don’t think your love for Ryeowook was in a painful way Kyuhyun-ah. It is surely painful but yet it is something you won’t regret. There’s no such thing as painful and joyous love because I think love comes with both. You can’t take one without taking the other. It’s just that sometimes, love starts painfully and ends joyfully, and some love starts joyfully and ends painfully. You and Ryeowook falls on the latter.”

 

There was a bitter smile that formed on Kyuhyun’s lips. “You sure know a lot for someone who is inexperience.”

 

Sungmin smiled.

 

At that time their orders came and they both stir up their pots.  Sungmin had taken a huge slurp on the noodles. Healthy foods are goods but they at being delicious. And he thought that eating unhealthy foods is not that bad at all.

 

Sungmin had started to enjoy his meal when Kyuhyun spoke.

 

“It was comforting. Thank you.” Kyuhyun smiled at Sungmin genuinely before starting to eat up his own ramen again.

 

Sungmin was stunned, unable to move any of his fingers while his heart was beating wildly in his chest, then he made a mental note to visit a doctor one of these days. His heart seems to be malfunctioning whenever he’s with Kyuhyun. One he feels like his heart is stopping then one moment it will abnormally beat like crazy.

 

I wonder if I should visit a cardiologist or a psychiatrist. Sungmin mentally asked his self.

----

Ryeowook stared confusingly at Yesung who was also watching that moment in the Ramen store, beside him.

 

“Your brother…” Ryeowook started.

 

Yesung stared back at Ryeowook. “He’s unknowingly in love with your Kyuhyun.” He continued Ryeowook’s statement knowing how hard it is for the guy to see the one he loves being happy with someone else company. “You have to make a selfless wish and make Kyuhyun move on from you so that he can fall in love with my Sungmin.”

 

The smaller man took a deep breath. “I know… but…” He muttered, not being able to continue his sentence.

 

Yesung blankly looked at the younger man as Ryeowook quietly laces his fingers with one another. “Ryewook-ah.”He called out. “You’re dead and Kyuhyun has a life to live. He can’t stay in love with you forever… make him fall in love… make him happy… give back the life you took away from him when you died.”

 

Ryeowook glance back at Yesung with a scornful yet painful face. “And you think Sungmin can make him happy? You think that your brother is capable of making Kyuhyun fall in love the way he did with me? You think he can make my Kyuhyun live a life? You think…” Ryeowook’s unexpected outburst ended with hanging sentence and tearful eyes.

 

A pair of small hands reached through the trembling shoulder of the young man. Like how magic takes place, as soon as the palms touched against those tiny and vulnerable shoulders, little by little the trembling fades away.

 

“He can. He will. He should. You were never meant for Kyuhyun in the very beginning. The cascade of life is having and losing. You were meant to meet each other, meant to lose each other and meant to find another to share something like forever.” Yesung made a gentle squeeze on Ryeowook’s shoulders, silently and indirectly telling him that he’s not alone.

 

The short man shove away Yesung’s grip. “You don’t understand. You were never in love.”

 

Random voices of their co-angels were heard as the pass by the place. There was a long silence between Yesung and Ryeowook while the cheerful voices started to fade.

 

 “I was.” Yesung declared. And when Ryeowook stared intently into those tough and firmed eyes he knew that the man was telling the truth. But Ryeowook have seen something else. Was it something like regret?

 

Ryeowook stayed silent.

 

“I was in love with someone I met few months before I died… and before I got the chance to know him, to see him again…” There was a long and aching pause of reality before Yesung continued. “I died.”

 

Guilt had slap Ryeowook in the face as he shifted his gaze away from the man’s eyes. He sure is lucky compare to Yesung. He was able to feel the mutuality and returned feeling of love. While Yesung on the other hand fell in love in a moment and lost it after.

 

The capability of love was never define in a concrete manner. People fall in love in a long process and some will only take for a few seconds. The beginnings of love are always different when associated with others and so as the ends.

 

But love, as complicated as it seems, it does hold one absolute thing; happiness and pain. It always comes with love but people can only take one towards the end.

 

And for Yesung and Ryeowook, the ends of their love were pain.

 

A/N: It’s been two weeks since I updated this fic. Hehe. Sorry for waiting. ^^V I decided not to post this update yet cause well I’m pretty unconfident. But all hail to Eunhyuk’s twitter update with Kyumin I decided to post it. T_______T Huhuhu. I’m all out with feels. I thought I was going to die while staring at the picture. Kekeke ~

 I'm no longer sure how long this fic will be. Your author is an idiot who can't tell how long her stories are :P /runs away

Well...

Read well everyone. Enjoy and let me hear something from you. Take a minute to comment and talk to me. 

I’m not a busy person just a lazy writer. Hahaha.