Year 2007:

A toast to tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Come on stop sulking already, it’s starting to annoy me” whined a very persistent Kibum. But the real fact was that Jonghyun just wanted to be left alone. Far away from this noisy cafe and far away from his friend, all he wanted was some self loathing, quiet time.

Jonghyun had been dragged by force out of his comfortable and dark room to a very bright and sunny day. And so far that wasn’t helping.

Kibum was only concerned, after all his best friends well being and mental health were at stake here. Either that or Kibum was bored and sought after Jonghyun as his entertainment for the day. Whatever the case, they now were seated in their usual cafe in their usual seats with their usual drinks. But Jonghyun’s hot coffee had turned cold hours ago as it lay there untouched with his mind wondering elsewhere.

“It’s just another one of your stupid arguments. You guys will get over it, you always do. So get yourself together.” Kibum continued on in his bossy tone, leaving only a tinge of understanding to linger in his voice.

But this didn’t change Jonghyuns ill mood. His brown hair still lay low, covering his hurt filled eyes that matched his never changing frown. His shoulders were slumped in a way that looked like it carried the burdens of the world as his fingers traced the mug which once contained a hot beverage. His mind was tuned out and he rarely even bothered to look like he was paying attention, yet he was able to process the last line Kibum had just said. And just like that, it all came back.

It was the realization that was most shocking, the fact that he would have to accept that something’s were not meant to be. Because as much as he wanted to (and he very desperately wanted to) believe Kibums words, he couldn’t. Since this time it was different.

Jonghyun and Jinki had been dating for about 8 months now but they had started to fall for each other long before. In these 8 months they got into many arguments, some about petty matters that were forgotten sooner than they even noticed. But one problem always repeated itself and this time, something about it seemed final.

Their relationship had always been a tough battle and Jinki always thought it was a losing one.

Ever since they got together their parents didn’t approve but this had affected Jinki more. Jonghyun had come out clean, he didn’t mind what his parents thought and tried not to care. Yet, it was hard sometimes when he saw his mother cry and his father bend his head down in shame. Yet it was all worth it for Jinki.

Somehow, only lately had he come to know that this alone wasn’t enough.

Jinki always ran back and forth with confusion about what he wanted. This lead to frustration and sadness and Jonghyun always saw Jinki cry with hopelessness as they fought afterward. Jinki would want to end it, he claimed he couldn’t do this to his parents anymore and Jonghyun would get upset and easily angry. And their last argument had been all the same, but this time, just like all the times before, Jonghyun felt a small piece of his heart break when he saw Jinki cry. It was always a painful sight and to be the single cause for his tears was devastating.

There were so many things beautiful about Jinki that Jonghyun was drawn to. Like his gentle, kind and caring nature. His soulful brown eyes and his velvet sweet voice made Jonghyun smile just by the thought of it. His playful chestnut hair that hugged his round face and shined in the sunlight caused the illusion of a halo in Jonghyuns eyes. Jinki’s easy personality always made him a welcoming person and Jonghyun loved that about him. But what had done the most damage was his innocent smile. Jonghyun was forced to surrender to that wide and captivating grin. It was stupidly goofy and genuinely heartfelt, something truly rare to come by. And every time he smiled, Jonghyun could feel himself falling for him all over again.

But Jonghyun didn’t g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter