Nataly

{ 2 } F i r s t S c a r

 

► this chapter is the continuation from Part 1-8

1

Nataly 

Every word you said, I memorized them..in my heart.

 

 

< M o o n's Lake >

{09:04 AM}

 

Narration from 4 years ago..,

• Moon's Lake  situated at the countryside, it was counted as one of the must-visit places for the tourist! The first time I came here, I was mesmerized by its  dreamy-like scenery and I was so glad that I came here for the second time, with..you, sister.. •

 

Tarren, 20 years old. 

He's in a white suit while holding a white rose in his right hand.

He narrates the same dialogues spoken by Enrika 4 years ago, when the three of them came here - he, Enn & Errika (Enn's sister)

 

That was the last time they were together before he left the country to study overseas..,

 

2 days ago, he received a phone call from Kahn, asking to meet with him.

Tarren then sets the time and place to meet.

 

And, that's..today.

 

The last spring we're together, you smile so happily..

I never thought it 'll be the last time I witness that bliss from you..

Never once it crosses my mind, that, 

The next time we met,

You've became my brother's fiancee..

 

Kahn clears his throat to mark his presence.

He has stand there for quite some time, 

 

"Tar..ren." He called.

 

Tarren turns his body around.

 

"Wel..come to Moon's lake..isn't this place, amazing?" he mutters.

"Ehemm.." Kahn lets out a grunt.

"Long time..no see. Hello, buddy." He greets, followed by a grin on his face.

"Buddy..my ." Kahn's mumbled but yet so clear.

 

Tarren chuckles. 

 

"You've changed, didn't you.." said Tarren.

 

Kahn shot a glare to Tarren.

 

"Stop bullting me, Tarren..who's the heck that left.." he replied him with a sarcastic smile.

"For the sake of old times, didn't you supposed to congratulate me on my returns? Out of everyone, I thought you would at least do that.."

 

Tarren caress the white rose with his thumb. 

Gradually, the smiles vanishes from his face,

 

Kahn hated that view, he deviates his eyes elsewhere.

 

"I'll just straight to the point, then.." he resumes as he fixes his eyes into Tarren..again.

"I met some..friend few days ago. He had one of Nataly's possession..the embroidered handkerchief. He told me that the owner..has..died.."

 

Tarren's expressions turned gloomy.

 

"Wha..what? She's..dead? Did you just say..she's..dead? Huh?" 

 

Kahn nodded.

 

"That's what I heard. And he even told me that the current owner of that handkerchief is..his girlfriend!" Kahn continues.

 

The white rose falls into the ground as he listens..

 

Kahn glance at the fallen white rose and notices Tarren's unusual outfit today.

 

"He must have gone..to visit..Errika." He thought.

 

They were once very close to each other. But, when he abandoned everything in order to pursue his overseas studies, he started to view him in a different way.

 

At the crucial moments where everyone was mourning over Errika's death, he'd actually..left by his..own.

 

He hated him for being a selfish jerk!

He hated him for faking everything, like he cares, ..like he's a loyal friend, but..that's obviously  a lie! 

 

Tarren was supposed to get engaged with Errika, but she died even before the ceremony was held!

 

It was because of him, Errika's health deteriorating..

It was due to him, the 'euthanasia' was decided upon her!

 

Kahn couldn't help but..resent him, too.

 

"I've said everything. I'll be going..now." said Kahn.

"Wa..it!" 

 

Tarren hasten his steps to catch up with Kahn.

 

"Why? Why..did you tell me..this? Is that even makes sense? That, Enn's died? You expect me..to believe that?! Huh? " he tosses all the questions to him.

 

Kahn halted his steps. Not bother to turn around.

 

"I want to be the first, to witness..your pain! I know..it! I know both of you and Enrika liked each other and even has dated! That's the reason you're being a jerk to Errika, right? When she's dead sick..I witness the both of you acts lovey-dovey to each other! Such a match made in heaven! Enrika too..but, at least, she didn't run away like you did!..did..you already forgotten how..cruel you are in that time?!"  his words were like rocks, hitting him real hard.

 

Tarren's turns into a mute, not being able to say anything.

 

He's right. Kahn's right.
 

No words could describe his feeling right now.


"I.."

 

"If Nataly died, you would become the successor, isn't that what you want eventually? You're just a pathetic..guy. You're the worst!"  he continues to raise his voice at him.

"Succ..successor..what? What are you talking about?" Tarren becomes confused.

 

"Stop with your act, Tarren! We both knows that! Your father wanted to pass his successor rights to whoever that marry the Natalie's daughter..and that's Enrika! And, because you don't want your brother to get it, you..killed Enn! It's already 3 months since she goes missing!" 

 

He turned his body to him,

They stared into each other's eyes.

 

"So, is that why..father send me to the overseas? Because, he wanted Leon to become the successor? This is ridiculous..something..is not right! Someone must've behind all these.." he thought.

He scratch his hairs and sighed heavily.

 

"Is he putting on an act..now? It's as if it's the first time he heard it.." - Kahn

 

Suddenly, his phone rang.

He glances at the screen before he picked it up..

 

"Hello." 

"Wh..what?! You saw..her? At..Sam's party?!" 

 

Tarren was lost in his thought. Not paying attention to his surrounding..

Kahn had just received a call from someone, notifying him that they saw Enn at Samuel's party.

 

Kahn recalled his conversations with Samuel the other day. Where Samuel told him that the owner has died..and, the current owner..was his girlfriend.

 

Wait..what? Was that a..lie?


"Tarren!" he broke the silence between them.

 

Tarren lifted his face,

 

"Enn..is alive.." Kahn told him.

 

 

*

 

 

< Samuel's House >

{11:35 AM}

 

As promised, Enn attended the party held by Samuel.

She didn't bother to dress up, she only wore a plain dress and no make-up.

 

Nevertheless, Samuel spotted her amongst the crowd.

He's pleased and instantly heading towards her.

At the same time, Enn saw him coming at her direction.

She fakes a smile to him..

 

"Hey, Samy..happy birthday! Let's not forget about our 'private' party tonight.." one of his friends approached him.

 

Enn heard their conversations and she's about to explode with anger..,

Didn't he tell her last time that it was 'his' brother's birthday?

No wonder..he's a decent a.k.a natural liar too!

 

She rolled her eyes and deviates her eyesight, and..

 

She spotted someone! 

Her fiancee, Leon!

 

"Oh my gosh..oh my lord..oh my fate, damned!" she shouted.

 

The people around her looked at her like she's some kind of maniac, talking to oneself.

It's not that she's not aware of people's reaction, but, but..but! 

..if Leon saw her here..it's going to be game over!

 

She slowly turned her back as she aimed for the exit, 

Luckily, Leon was surrounded by his friends & the 'girls'..as usual.

 

"Enn!" 

 

Crap, she heard her own name..that's means..

 

"Hey, where are you going?" 

 

The voice's owner was Samuel.

He's about to reach for her but in a blink of an eye, she's already disappear into the crowd..

 

"Hey..Enn! Wait..up!" he raised his voice, afraid that she might not have heard her earlier.

 

Just 3 seconds more and she'll be at the exit!

And,

Her cellphones rang.

She's astonished! It was Leon's ringtones..

 

"I think he spotted me.." 

 

While still contemplating whether to pick up the phone or not, Samuel abruptly showed up in front of her.

 

"Why are you heading this way? Huh?" he raised his eyebrows, with curiosity shown all over his face.

 

Enn sighs heavily while her cellphones still ringing. 

 

"Why aren't you saying anything?" he asked.

 

A few of his friends already gave him a sign to come over but instead he waved his hand, asked them to carry on without him..

 

Enn's head hurts, she felt dizzy..

 

"Not..here.." she blurted out.

"Wh..what?"

 

Samuel noticed that she's sweating all over..and her face was pale too.

 

"Do you want to go up and rest a bit?" he offered.

"No..just give me the handkerchief..I need it today.." she uttered word by word, 

"I would! Don't worry about that..thing! Now, lets.."

 

He held her shoulder and wrapped his arm around Enn's waist to support her..

Enn was dyspneic and she started to feel tightened pain over her chest, indicating her incoming attack of asthma..

 

"Get off your hands from her!" 

 

A voice echoed amongst the crowd.

Soon, someone was on his way to their direction.

 

Samuel was worried about Enn and didn't pay attention..

 

"I said, get off your hands from her!" 

 

Leon throws a punch towards Samuel..

 

"What the hell.."

 

Samuel was startled.

 

He wasn't prepared or anything, and 'BAM', a punch landed on his face.

 

He lifted his head and spotted Leon, with his angst expressions.

 

"What the are you doing, Leon?!" he shouts at him.

 

Luckily, he didn't bleed from the punch earlier..

 

Nevertheless, he still held Enn with him steadily,

 

"What the are you doing to my.."

 

Before he even finishes, Enn rushes forward and covered his mouth..

 

"Shut..the....up.." she whispers in his ears.

"Get..me..my..inha..ler.." she ordered.

 

All eyes were on them now.

 

"Enn!"

 

Enn moved too fast that she's already at Leon's arm.

He gets the feelings that it was not the first time they hold each other, and that alone has succeeded to embark his jealousy..

 

"Wher..where is your.." 

 

Leon has seen her like that for several times since they met.

 

"Bring..me..to..my..car..outside.." she instructed.

"All..all..all.."

 

Leon turned clumsy every time he's with Enn.

 

"Faster!"

 

Enn wrapped her hands over his neck,

And, Leon carries her with princess-like-style.

 

Every eye caught them together.

 

Meanwhile, Samuel..his jaw dropped as he witnesses the scene.

 

"Are they couple?"

"Really? I thought he's loyal to his fiancee only.."

"Didn't you hear? His fiancee has run away from home!"

"So, that woman just now..who is she?

"New..girlfriend? I thought she's Samuel's girl.."

 

A few talks had been initiated amongst the crowd, 

It was very unpleasant to hear! 

Samuel was speechless!

 

 

**

 

 

< Enn's Car >

 

As usual, she takes 2 puffs and breathed in and out slowly..

Leon accompanied by her side.  Watching over her.

 

"Enn-sshi.." he attempted to say something but halted midway..

"My head..hurts..too." She spoke.

"So..should we go..to the hospital now?" he asked.

"Listen. I'm similar to all those fugitives..I'm on the run, ya know.." She refused.

 

Leon scratches his hairs and turned his face at another direction..

 

"You..found..me." she mumbled.

"Ye..ah. Hah.." he said in disbelief.

"Anyway..don't spread it on your facebook, twitter..or whatsoever.." she warns him.

 

Leon nodded.

 

He never say 'never' with Enn, 

Whatever Enn says, he'll obeys her and follow everything she asked him to.

 

"I..really..miss you.Enrika..it's been 3 month, I've been living in hell..without you." He confessed.

"Can't you stop being cheesy with me at this situation?!" she yells at him, like usual.

 

3 months, actually..nothing had changed between them. 

 

"But, Enn..my father would be.."

"Stop! Don't mention your father or I'm going to get another attack here..I'm not prepared to die..yet!" she interrupts him.

 

She really dislikes his father, Politician Ryu.

Even his name would make her blood pressure to rise!

 

"Sorry..I shouldn't have mentioned him.." he apologizes.

 

There's a moment of silent between them.

 

"Oppa.." she addressed him.

"Huh?" Leon turned his face to Enn.

 

"Can you..just..pretend that you didn't saw..me today?" 

 

Enn slowly regained her composures,

She opened the car's window and inhales while closing her eyes.

 

It's always like that..between them!

Even though they were officially engaged to each other, when only the two of them together, the stranger-like-feeling persists.

 

It's not only once, twice, thrice..

 

She's nearby, but why does it feels like she's very far away? - Leon

 

"Enn-sshi..do you hate the idea of being with me so much? Why..am I that lacking, to..you?" his voices were shaky in the end.

 

Enn lets out a sigh.

Here we go again!

They have been talking about these, for like, 100x already..

 

Leon never listens, he didn't! He's deaf! - Enn

 

"So, is my feelings a joke to you?" without turning her head, she replied him.

 

He clears his throat..as she said it.

 

"I didn't mean it that way. It's just that, every girl out there are crazy about..me! They even..even.." he just couldn't put his thoughts into words.

 

He gave up. Whatever he says won't matters either..

 

"They even offered free with you? Huh? Different girls e..ve..ry night? Wha..what? If I agreed to sleep with you, are you going to cancel this wedding then?! You won't, aren't you? Hey..I know it all! You don't have to pretend like an angel or guardian-something with me!" she raised her voice. 

 

Leon turned into a mute.

 

"It's not..love. You're just confuse..do you hear me?" she turned to him and held her face closer to him.

 

They stares into each other eyes.

 

"Every intact person in this world would never..get confuse with the one they loved! Because, love is from the heart..you feel..them.." 

 

Leon's words like a dart pierced through her heart deeply. 

 

She squeezed her hands hard, to refrain herself from falling apart in front of this guy.

 

"Anyone..but..you! Anyone can dissed me out, but..you! You clearly..saw me! You witness the darkest period in my life! You witness them! You saw me when my world is falling apart! You saw..me..cries like there's no tomorrow! You saw..everything..you saw my ugliest..self..! How could I love..when my sister died like that..when she left when I was unprepared?!..How can I..

 

Before she could utters more, Leon leans forward and hugs her.

 

"I'm sorry I couldn't feel your..pain. I'm sorry I couldn't take..it away from you..I'm sorry..for everything that I couldn't do..for you. I'm sorry.."

 

As Leon pronounce those words, Enn closes her eyes.

Her eyes already build up with tears..

 

I even speaks so little that day..

I couldn't remembers her last words because I was too occupied with someone else..

Not even knowing it was already..our last moments.

 

 

***

 

 

< Samuel's Bedroom >

{18:15}

 

Samuel turns on the lights and startled by a figure standing beside his bedroom's window.

 

"Who are you?" he shouted.

"Did you say, the owner of this handkerchief..has died?"

 

The person was holding at the handkerchief owned by Enn,

 

"Hey!" 

 

Samuel hasten his steps to reach into him..

 

"Why do you touch other people belongings?!" 

 

"This is not..yours."

 

The person turned his body and confronts Samuel.

 

Samuel was shocked.

 

"Le..on?" he mumbled.

 

The person smirked,

 

"You're wrong.." he replied.

 

"I'm..his brother, Tarren." He uttered while eyeing on the handkerchief..

 

 

***