Final Chapter

Understanding

I am just putting the finishing touches on the cake I made for myself.  Unsurprisingly, I hadn’t heard from Changmin yet.  I really like him and I want this relationship to work but he can’t keep taking advantage of me and expect me to keep being understanding.  I dish up a piece of my cake, singing to the song that’s playing and dancing slightly as I take the first bite.  I turn around and almost drop the plate in surprise.  Standing in the doorway of my kitchen, watching me is none other than Changmin.  While I’m still in shock, he moves in and takes the plate from me and puts it on the counter.

“What are you doing here?” I ask, trying to sound angry but I just don’t have it in me anymore.

“I’m so sorry, for last night and for all the other times I’ve canceled on you.  There is no excuse for it and you’ve always so understanding that I didn’t even know that it was hurting you.  I have no excuse for forgetting you last night but I can’t live without you and will spend however long it takes trying to prove that to you.”  Changmin confesses, looking absolutely defeated and I’m starting to tear up at what he just said.

“Please don’t cry, I don’t want to see you upset anymore,” Changmin says softly, coming closer and gathering me in his arms.

“I don’t want to lose you either, just please don’t forget me again,” I mumble out, hugging him back tightly, neither of us wanting to let go.

“Never again,” He says, a hand moving to my cheek, tilting my face up and kissing me sweetly.  “You taste like cake,” he says, breaking the kiss.

I giggle, “Would you like some? I also have wine that was supposed to be for last night.” I say, happy to have my boyfriend with me again for the first time in so long.

“Cake and wine? You really are to good to me,” He says, kissing me again, but this time with more heat to it as the arm around me pulls me closer and the other tangling in my hair as my own, go around his neck.  I smile into the kiss, knowing that no matter what happens from here on out, we’re going to be ok.  All it takes is a little understanding.