Chapter 2

Understanding

The next day, Changmin feels like .  He’s back at practice but he can’t focus on anything that he needs to.  He just can’t get the word’s you said out of his mind. 

“Ok, break time everyone.” Yunho calls and walks over to Changmin.

“Are you ok? You’re never this off during practices.”

“We got in a fight last night.”  Changmin mutters out quietly, carful to not be overheard.

 Yunho’s face shows worry for his younger companion. “Over what?” he asks.

With a sigh, Changmin goes on to explain how he forgot about dinner last night and went out with Victoria instead.  Then he went to surprise you only for you to not be there and not answering your phone.  Finally finding out that you were out all night with one of your male friends.  Finally done, Changmin looks absolutely defeated.

“So you got mad at her for doing exactly what you did to her,” Yunho says calmly, leaving Changmin feeling ashamed.

“I like her so much.  It hurt to know that she was with another guy.”

“And how do you think she felt?” 

“She said that she knows that she’s low priority in my life…she knows that my work comes first and that I don’t have a lot of time to spend with her.”

“If I recall, you also cancel on her a lot, I think she’s being as understanding as she can be”

“I take her for granted don’t I?” Changmin asks feeling defeated.

“I think you need to talk to her about this.  I like this girl, she seems really good for you, I’d just hate for something like this to screw it up.” Yunho says, putting a comforting hand on Changmin’s shoulder.  All Changmin does is nod and with a comforting smile, Yunho calls everyone back together.

Once practice is over, Changmin ignores everyone else and all but runs out of the building.  He wasn’t to get to your apartment as soon as possible to try and make things right.  Once he reaches your apartment, he punches in the code to get in and is greeted by loud music coming from the kitchen.  Knowing that’s where you are, he quietly makes his way there.