2

TIME

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Woohyun stormed inside the hospital room where Jiyoon was confined.

 

“Namu. Why are you he-“

 

“It doesn’t matter! Tell me why didn’t you tell me? You didn’t contact me for weeks. You didn’t answer my calls, i thought you’re going to end up things between us. But I heard it. Why? Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

“Namu. If I told you you’ll surely be worried of me and-“

 

“Of course I’ll be worried you’re my girlfriend Jiyoon! FOR GOODNESS SAKE!” Woohyun hissed as he harshly wiped the tears that are coming out of his eyes.

 

“Because I know that you’ll react like this-“

 

“I’ll react however I want because it’s me. Jiyoon~ah. You have cancer for three years already! Three fcking years for goodness sake and YOU STILL DIDN’T TELL ME?! We’ve been going out for four years---“

 

“I don’t want you to know because I’m afraid that you’ll leave me once-“

 

“HOW COME YOU ALWAYS THINK ABOUT YOURSELF? DIDN’T YOU RECONSIDER MY FEELINGS?!!” Woohyun shouted as his blood begins to boil and he can’t control himself anymore.

 

“YOU DIDN’T TELL ME ANYTHING FOR THESE THREE DAMN YEARS AND NOW YOU’RE ON STAGE FOUR! I WOULDN’T KNOW IT NOT UNTIL YOUR MOTHER CAME INTO MY HOUSE CRYING BECAUSE OF YOUR FCKING CONDITION! YOU WON’T STILL TELL ME EVEN IF YOU ONLY HAVE A DAY TO LIVE, RIGHT? WAE? TELL ME WHY?! TELL ME WHY YOU HAVE TO LIE TO ME!!”

 

“BECAUSE I DON’T WANT YOU TO GET HURT!” Jiyoon shouted back as more tears started flowing out from her eyes. She wanted to stand up and hug Woohyun tightly but she doesn’t have the energy to. She wanted to jump onto him and hold him so that he won’t go anywhere but she can’t. She wanted to see Woohyun smiling but he was facing her, looking at her with lots of hatred and agony. The eyes of Nam Woohyun she knew, the loving and soft ones, were once gone and as if another man was standing right in front of her.

 

“You didn’t want me to get hurt? YOU DIDN’T WANT ME TO GET HURT? OR YOU’RE JUST BEING SELFISH WHO WANTS ME TO SUFFER ONCE YOU’RE GONE? ONCE YOU’RE LIFE ENDED?”

 

Jiyoon’s heart crushed when she heard those words from him. She didn’t want to hear those words, she didn’t want to hear that she’ll die any day soon. It’s hard for her, real hard, especially to know that she only has two weeks to live from now on and ‘twas devastating to know that she’ll have to leave the guy she’s been treasuring the moment she saw him, she’ll have to separate from the guy she’s been wanting to spend her life with.

 

“I HATE YOU SELFISH LIAR.” That’s the last thing she heard from Nam Woohyun who dashed out of the room.

 

....................

 

 

Woohyun ran and ran to wherever his feet took him. Feeling weary and drained, he stopped and looked at his surroundings; it’s the place where they had their very first date, the Han River. He sat down on one of the tree’s shade and there bawled his eyes out. He couldn’t believe everything he heard, everything he saw. He couldn’t grasp the information he got from her mother. Two weeks? She only has two weeks to live? He couldn’t accept, no, he doesn’t want to accept to whatever future her mother or the doctors told him. At that moment, that moment in his life, for the very first time, he wanted to change things. He wanted to change everything. He wanted to see the future and go back to the past to change the fate that was waiting for the two of them. If he’ll get a punishment for changing their fate, then he’ll accept it as long as she’ll live and they’ll live happily ever after. But then, there’s no such thing as time travelling nor can’t do anything to let her live. The cancer cells spread all throughout her body and it already reached her bones, there’s no way to heal her. The only thing that everyone can do now is to spend time with her, spend time with her for two weeks.

 

 

 

 

 

“Mmmm!” Woohyun groaned when the sun suddenly shone to his face. He brought the blanket up to his face but it got stolen by someone.

 

“Woohyun~ssi. Wake up!” He felt someone hovering above him and felt wet lips kissing his cheeks to his jawline up to his neck. Woohyun moaned when that person on a specific place that made him feel good.

 

“Woohyun~ssi. Wake up.” That person seductively whispered and his lips. Woohyun smirked and opened his eyes. He turned them around making him on top of her as he leaned in closer to her.

 

“Get out now. I don’t need you anymore.” He stood up glared at the girl who was only looking at him.

 

“Dress up and get your fcking dirty self out of this house now! .” He coldly said before going inside the bathroom. He looked at his self on the mirror and cringed at the red marks the girl he slept with gave him. Soon after, he heard slamming of door and he assumed that the girl already went out of the house. He heaved a deep sigh, this is the third time he brought a girl in his apartment. His ity he’s preserving for their very first honeymoon was wasted just because of that information.

 

“How is she now?” Woohyun found himself thinking of her again. He shook his head and opened the faucet as he washed his face multiple times.

 

“Don’t you dare think of her right now Nam Woohyun. Remember, she lied to you. She doesn’t want you to know about her condition and will just let you suffer from everything once she dies.” He convinced himself and nodded his head.

 

Sleeping and having an unbalanced diet, staring into space during the day and drinking until he didn’t know what he’s doing during the night. That was how he became ever since he learnt that Jiyoon has stage 4 cancer. He’s a living dead. He’s awake but sleeping. He goes here and there without knowing how and why. He eats food without minding how it tastes. He became desperate and miserable. Everything becomes upside down for Nam Woohyun.

 

That night, instead of going to a club and drink, he decided to go for a walk, h6oping that it’ll help him go back to how he was before but just like the other days, he’s staring into space while his feet just keeps on moving. He lifelessly walked here and there and when he looked up, his heart clenched. This is the hospital where Jiyoon was confined.

 

“I guess a peek won’t hurt.” He told to himself and walked inside the hospital.

 

 

“Come on Jiyoon~ah. Please eat. You haven’t been eating properly for 4 days.” Jiyoon’s mother begged but Jiyoon stubbornly shook his head.

 

“I want to see Woohyun, Eomma.” Jiyoon sniffed as another set of tears streamed out of her eyes.

 

“I missed him so much. I missed him so bad.” She sobbed once again while her mother put aside the food she laid on her bed and sat beside her. She took her into her arms.

 

 

Woohyun leaned back on the wall as he felt water on his eyes and before it could fall down, he wiped it out and ran out of the hospital. He was wrong. That one peek he did just made his heart stopped beating. That one peek didn’t hurt because it tore him apart.

 

Han River. This place became so precious to him. This is the place where everything between them starts. This is Jiyoon’s favourite place. And the place that gave him comfort when he first knew about her disease.

 

Woohyun sat on that specific tree again as he reminisced their moments together. He recalled all their promises and every story they shared with each other.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?” The day he dreaded the most came flashing on his mind that was four days ago. He remembered everything they said to each other and how he bursted in front of her and her mother.

 

“I’ll react however I want because it’s me. Jiyoon~ah. You have cancer for three years already! Three fcking years for goodness sake and YOU STILL DIDN’T TELL ME?! We’ve been going out for four years-“

 

“I don’t want you to know because I’m afraid that you’ll leave me once-“

 

Woohyun held his head. He wanted to forget that day. He wanted to forget everything that had happened four days ago.

 

“YOU DIDN’T TELL ME ANYTHING FOR THESE THREE YEARS AND NOW YOU’RE ON STAGE FOUR! I DIDN’T KNOW IT NOT UNTIL YOUR MOTHER CAME INTO MY HOUSE CRYING BECAUSE OF YOUR FCKING CONDITION! YOU WON’T STILL TELL ME EVEN IF YOU ONLY HAVE A DAY TO LIVE, RIGHT? WAE? TELL ME WHY?! TELL ME WHY YOU HAVE TO LIE TO ME!!”

 

“BECAUSE I DON’T WANT YOU TO GET HURT!”

 

 

“She didn’t tell me because she didn’t want me to get hurt not knowing that leaving me without a word hurts a thousand times more than telling me earlier.”

 

“I don’t want you to know because I’m afraid that you’ll leave me once-“

“I don’t want you to know because I’m afraid that you’ll leave me once-“

“I don’t want you to know because I’m afraid that you’ll leave me once-“

“I don’t want you to know because I’m afraid that you’ll leave me once-“

“I don’t want you to know because I’m afraid that you’ll leave me once-“

 

Woohyun laughed at himself, he ran out of tears and he can’t cry anymore. No matter how much he force his tears to go out of his eyes, it still won’t come out. He sadly smiled.

 

“She didn’t tell me because I’ll leave her once I know it. She doesn’t want me to leave her nor to hurt me. Why are you such an idiot Nam Woohyun? Everything’s because of you. Her reasons for not telling you were all because of you and yet you pushed her away and left her. What an idiot. It’s hard for me but surely it is the hardest for her. And I even called her selfish.” He slapped his head over and over again as he finally realized his mistakes.

 

“I miss you too Jiyoon~ah. I miss you so badly I think I’m going to die.” He couldn’t take it anymore and immediately stood up. He bought a bouquet of roses of different colors, her favourite. He ran his way to the hospital room and when he reached for the door knob, the door was pushed by someone. He looked at the people’s face and saw that those are nurses and doctors. He froze when he heard cries from inside the room as they quickly ran out of the room while pushing an hospital bed. He glanced at the person lying on the bed and there she is, her hair’s gone and she was wearing a bonnet, her once fair skin was so pale and she looked so thin. He couldn’t move his feet, it’s as if the gravity keeps on pulling his feet. The bouquet he was holding slipped out of his hands and he frantically ran to her.

 

“Sir. What are you doing? This is an emergency!” the nurses pulled him but he kept on fighting with them. He hugged her body, not minding if the doctors and nurses pull him out of her. He held unto her tightly.

 

“Jiyoon~ah. Jiyoon~ah. I’m sorry. I’m sorry!!” He bawled. He looked at her and caught her looking at him. She reached for his face and when he leaned in, she wiped her tears for him and faintly smiled.

 

“I’m sorry Oppa. I’m sorry for everything. I love you.” She said with all her strength and fainted. The doctors and nurses pushed him away when he was caught off-guard and ran inside the emergency room, leaving Woohyun bawling on the side.

 

 

“Woohyun.” Jiyoon’s mother spoke up once she saw him. He looked at her with his teary eyes.

 

“I thought two weeks?”

 

“It’s earlier than expected. Her body’s so weak. She didn’t eat properly neither did she drank any medicine.”

 

“I’m sorry. It’s all because of me.” Woohyun’s tears started to come out of his eyes.

 

“It’s not your fault. It’s God’s will that everything happened this way and I’m not blaming you for what happened. Everything has a reason and I believe that reason is for everyone’s best, including you.” Jiyoon’s mother patted his head and gave him a motherly smile. Woohyun hugged her and sobbed at her shoulder.

 

“I know it is hard for you. I know what you feel. I’m her mother. I love her just as how you love her or maybe you love her more than I do. It’s hard for us also. But this is her fate. We can’t do anything about it.”

 

“I’m such an idiot for doing such stupid childish acts. I made myself miserable and instead of spending those times with her, I wasted it with my stupid non-sense deeds. I’m such a stupid person.” Woohyun continued to sob on Jiyoon’s mother’s arms as he can’t take what he’s feeling anymore. His heart bursted with sorrow and regrets.

 


 

Did time stop again?

Is it going to fall asleep like this again?

While staring blankly outside

I’m thinking about you with my two eyes closed

 

Woohyun wiped his tears. Those words, those words he wanted to tell her. He wanted to let her know what he has been doing ever since she left.

 

Even though time is passing by again 

I’m going back to that time again

Although I try hard to find everything in your memories

 

All those precious things we’ve shared, I’ll treasure it forever for you are the only one. Even though some of those were blurred in my mind, the feelings and emotions we’ve shared will forever stay the same.

 

I’m crying by myself there but

As my tears stopped I’m laughing but

I’m waiting again

Until I can breathe again

 

I can’t do anything but cry when I remember you, us. I miss you. I miss you so bad. I want to see you, to hear your voice. I wanted to be with you. I made a mistake. I wish I could go back to that time and spent those days with you, I should’ve made you happy and told you I love you thousand times a day.

 

Even though time is passing by again 

I’m going back to that time again

I’m trying hard to find everything in your memories

-

I’m crying by myself there but

As my tears stopped I’m laughing but

after leaving you alone

I’m wandering around here with memories I can’t erase

-

Although I don’t have anything to say and I can’t hear you but

even so if I can find you like this

I’ll wait for you now until time stops

-

I know well that I can’t say anything

even so I’m searching for you but

I know well you won’t change your thoughts but

I still can’t forget you

-

Although I don’t have anything to say and I can’t hear you but

even so if I can find you like this

I’ll wait for you now until time stops

-

If I can find you, I’ll wait for you now, until I can breathe again

 

I love you Jiyoon~ah. I love you forever and always. You’re always mine and always be mine for I am will always be yours. I love you. Wait for me. I’m going to live my life just for you.

 

Woohyun took a few deep breaths and stood up. He stretched his arms and looked at the sky. He smiled.

 

“I will live my life to the fullest just for you. Everything you want to do, everything you liked to do, all those promises and plans we made I’ll make sure to truly fulfil it. For you. Han Jiyoon.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~FIN.~