Panorama

Perspectives

A/N: L. Joe's back, and this time it's from his own point of view. This drabble is between 700-800 words. !Changjo is my headcanon, so if the thought offends you in any way, I highly discourage you from reading this work of fiction.

Thank you very much for the subscriptions, comments and votes! :) I never expected to receive this much feedback given that ChangNiel isn't one of the big pairings in Teen Top. As always, feedback is most appreciated and inspires me to continue writing! I hope you enjoy the read!

Drabble # 3: Panorama

That shirt is going to be nothing but trouble.

Byunghun knows it the minute he sets eyes on Niel’s exposed collarbones and shoulders. He’s not sure why or how, exactly, but his gut tells him it’s a disaster waiting to happen.

He’s proven right when Jonghyun enters the dance studio right after Changhyun, takes one look at Niel, and makes a beeline for him. One moment they’re just being their silly, incoherent selves, and then the next their maknae’s fingers are wandering dangerously close, too damn close to the neck of Niel’s collar and slipping inside and under the material of his shirt.

“Niel!” He stomps over to the two of them, ignoring the sharp glare Jonghyun throws his way. “We should start warming up soon, right?” The main vocalist seems surprised to hear it from him, but he nods, and their youngest member reluctantly pulls his hands away from where they’ve been busy burrowing inside Niel’s clothes to touch bare skin.

It isn’t the first time he’s caught Jonghyun doing questionable things to their vocalist. The maknae has gotten a lot more handsy this year, especially with Niel. He’s also forgotten, apparently, that it’s the camera he needs to face and not Niel. He may not have witnessed it himself, concentration fully on replicating the choreography, but he’s monitored their ‘To You’ shoot enough times to notice that Jonghyun’s eyes are not staring straight into the lens as they should be, and flicking over somewhere else instead. He’s even used the dance solo to sneak a peek at Niel; Byunghun knows that better than anyone else. He’s made excuses for it until this point: Jonghyun’s just worried about the other member messing up the choreography, he’s confirming his own position in the dance, it was all pure coincidence and Byunghun is just being paranoid.

He expects the maknae to deny his accusation vehemently, but Jonghyun remains unruffled. Smug, even. It bothers him so much that he can’t help but watch them warily, as if to remind himself he hasn’t dreamt the whole thing up. The more he watches, the more he’s convinced it wasn’t a one-time incident. This is no momentary lapse of judgment, like what Byunghun experiences whenever his gaze is inexplicably drawn to Niel’s lips and he finds himself idly contemplating whether those lips are as soft to the touch as they appear to be.

Jonghyun is attracted to Niel, and he has no qualms displaying it to the rest of the world. (Their beloved Angel fans, though, bless them, have turned a blind eye and chosen to file it under the label of friendship.)

Dance practice goes precisely as Byunghun predicted it would. Niel’s shirt constantly slides off one side, offering would-be viewers a tantalizing view of his pale, smooth shoulder contrasting against the black fabric. He worries about Jonghyun’s eyes intensely following Niel’s every move, and wishes they weren’t practicing so seriously so he could kick the daydreaming maknae back into reality. As it is, he can do nothing but look on helplessly from the corner of his eye as the main vocalist’s shirt rides up along with his jump. Jonghyun literally falters, mouth hanging open for one instant before he rejoins Niel at the back, his movements stiffer and slower than usual.

The way he stares hungrily after Niel makes Byunghun increasingly nervous. Jonghyun’s a hot-blooded young man just like the rest of them, and Niel, being the oblivious idiot he is, wouldn’t recognize an attempt to seduce him if it hit him in the face.

“You need to get rid of that shirt,” he tells the younger man sternly. The maknae has opted to get in some extra practice, luckily, so he seizes the opportunity to walk right next to Niel on the way back to the dorm. “It’s bad news.”

His companion frowns, unhappy with the statement. “Why?” Niel plucks at his shirt, nonplussed. “Jonghyun said he likes it, though?”

He wants to pull out his hair by the roots. How does he explain his reasoning without sounding absolutely ridiculous? “Just do it,” he finally settles on replying. His tone is curter than he had intended. “Trust your hyung on this one,” he tries again, almost wheedling. “Come on, Niel~”

Niel gives in despite the raised eyebrow, and he sighs quietly in relief. Out of sight, out of mind. He might not be able to do anything about Jonghyun’s less-than-innocent designs on their bandmate, but he can prevent it from happening any sooner than it has to. Byunghun rolls his eyes at the night sky.

Honestly, the things he does for Niel.