V

The Master and The Servant

Is it possible to fall in love with a dead man? Niel doesn’t know the answer to that. But the things he learned about his former master affected him in the strangest of ways possible. After realizing what Minsoo did just to prove how sorry he was, and the great thing he did just to show how sincere he is, made Niel’s heart ache.

Minsoo loved him. His master loved him. From the very start. But he was a fool, a coward, a victim. He doesn’t know how to show his feelings properly so he tried to suppress it. And in doing so, he hurt Niel. He tried to make amends for that by apologizing. But he too, knows that the damage has been grave it would take his death to pay for it. And for the name of that love, he took his own life. His master decided to suffer from poison to share his pain. To show him he’s willing to endure that just to show him how sincere he was.

He killed himself to show me how much he loved me! Niel cried. . Ah, this is beautiful and tragic. One you would read on books and watched on theatres. Applause. Minsoo staged a very memorable death. When people talk about his death, those who know the real story, they would say that he was killed by love. How romantic! Niel shook his head with a bitter smile on his lips. He found love when the other man is already six feet under the ground. How can nature be too cruel?

“He’s not dead, you know.” How many times have Niel waited to hear this from any of Minsoo’s cousins’ mouths? That they were just playing him. That this is all Minsoo’s doing? He planned this all so that he would forgive him.

Niel looked at Jonghyun’s eyes.

“Is that what you wanted me to say?”

Niel looked at him confused.

“Are you waiting for a day when one of us would come to you and say that cousin Minsoo is not dead?”

Niel gulped. What is happening this time?

“Well, let me tell you this,” he started, Niel felt his throat dry. Jonghyun’s next words will be the key to his sanity. He couldn’t stand the torture anymore. He feels like he would be searching for a way to die real soon and join Minsoo in the other world, depending on Jonghyun’s words.

“Minsoo.. he’s really..” Niel is hanging on to every of his words. He noticed that he’s been holding on to his breath.

“Alive.” Came a voice from behind him. Niel turned to where the voice came from and saw Minsoo staring back at him. He came to his feet, marched towards Minsoo and punch him senseless.

“I will kill you!”

Minsoo did nothing to stop him. Jonghyun was trying his best to stop Niel from killing his cousin but his strength proved to be insufficient.

“I didn’t mean to be alive! I made sure I will die after a month but my father found the antidote to the poison. I’m sorry I can’t even die for your peace!” Minsoo cried. This time, he was on the ground being punched senseless.

“I will kill you! How can you be alive? The man I fell for is dead! I will kill myself soon so I can be with him! He can’t be here alive so I will kill him! We’ll be together in the other world!” Niel screams and continue to punch Minsoo, only this time, he’s crying as well.

“What did you say?”

“Dead people don’t talk back! Shut up!” Minsoo grabbed Niel’s wrists and stopped his attacks.

“If you really want me dead, I have a knife on my belt. Take it and aim for my heart. You see, I really brought that with me today so you can kill me with it. If poison won’t do, then maybe a knife would?” Minsoo said, tears streaming down the sides of his face.

Niel stopped at that. “Stupid!” And Niel let himself lay on top of his master, sobbing on his chest.

Chanhee, Byunghun, and Changhyun came running when they heard the screaming. They looked at Jonghyun for answers. The youngest just shrugged his shoulders before looking back down on the two men on the ground, crying and laughing at the same time.

 

________________________________________________________________

A/N: "If poison won’t do, then maybe a knife would?” Minsoo said, tears streaming down the sides of his face." And that's how silly Taki cries and cries with tears falling down her bed.. Huhuhuhuhu

Ah, how difficult this was for me to write. REALLY! It took me three hours! And I wasn't able to count the times when I thought to just stop writing and delete the whole thing. I hate sad stories. You see, even if it's angst, I still made sure that it's a happy ending.

How do you like this, Nielie? And you, my other readers? Comments please! ^__^