IV

The Master and The Servant

When Niel woke up, he was back in his room in the Lee brothers’ castle. A dream. A very bad dream. He felt wetness on his face and wiped it with his hands only to discover that he has been crying in his sleep. How many times has he been dreaming that same dream?

He started having this dream after hearing about a certain news. The news of his former master’s passing. The news about Minsoo’s death. What’s worse is that the more Niel dreams of this dream, the more it feels real.

The things Minsoo said in the dream, how he saved his life multiple times, all of those, Niel can remember. They all happened in real life. He might’ve been blinded by the fact that he’s a slave, with his hate for the people who paid his wicked father for him, that he failed to see the good things his master has done to him. But it couldn’t be true, right? The last thing he said. The last thing he would say every time the dream ends, that part is definitely a dream. His master could’ve never loved him. No, never! And yet he feels his heart accelerate its beating and his oxygen supply shorten every time he would have the dream and every time he recalls the dream. Every time he hears those three final words.

Ah, Bang Minsoo! In the dream, you said that your death will free from you. But why do I feel like you are closer to me now more than ever before?

--------

“Should we tell him?”

“Tell him what?”

“That it’s not a dream.”

“What?”

“That it’s all true.

“I don’t know about that, brother.” Byunghun pondered on what his twin brother want them to do.

“Sooner or later, Niel would realize it too.”

“What will I realize?” Niel asked suddenly which startled the twins. “No need to hide it from me, I’ll only grow more suspicious.”

Byunghun and Chanhee exchanged looks with the first giving the latter notions that he wants him to say it.

“Why me?”

“Because you’re older!”

“We’re twins! What do you mean I’m the older?”

“You came out first so you’re the older one!”

“Fine!”

“So?”

“It’s not a dream.”

“What is?”

“The things you saw and heard before our cousin Minsoo died.”

“What? How do you know that it’s not a dream? I was suddenly there and the things I heard.. of course it’s a dream!” Niel asked wide-eyed.

“We brought you there. Byunghun hit you in the head so you out.”

“No need to say that!” Byunghun hissed.

“You brought me there and talked to him? That was real?” Niel couldn’t believe his ears.

“Why, aren’t the things cousin Minsoo said doesn’t ring true to you? The things that happened while you two were young?” Chanhee asked.

Niel fell silent. He’s been pondering on that thought too. How was his dream able to tell him those things that happened in the past? Then.. it was true? Minsoo.. he drank the poison so he could die and show me how sorry he is? That he… that he love me? Without meaning to, Niel’s tears fell and he cry and cry until the twins couldn’t do anything else but hug him and rub his back.

 

________________________________________________________________

A/N: Crying with Niel.. This is why I don't like angst.. I am such a cry baby. TT__TT