I

The Master and The Servant

“Scream, . Show me how much you like my inside your hole. Scream my name!” The master pulled his servant’s hair to make his point. They are on his bed. The master called for his servant to serve his craving for flesh. The servant could never say no to the master. He vowed to obey all of his master’s commands; a vow he’s been keeping since he was three years old.

But the servant couldn’t scream. He just couldn’t bring himself to pretend that he likes it. He never liked it. He never liked his master.

The master pulled his out and discarded the servant. He has served his purpose. The master has no use for the servant for the time being.

“If that would be all,” the servant bowed to the master and made his way out of the room, not minding to collect his clothes that are scattered on his master’s floor. He walked out of the room and he doesn’t seem to mind it.

The master went straight to the shower and lathes himself on the warm water. The master’s name is Bang Minsoo, son and only heir to lordship of their land. His father is a powerful man, a wealthy man, a feared man, but never a loved man. He was cruel to his people and always resort to violence and cruelty when things don’t go his way – a trait his son, the master, has inherited.

The master’s father is not living in this castle anymore. He has his own castle now in a land far south. The master now rules the castle.

The master is a man with a body well-built to show grace, strength, and impose a sense of power to whoever pays mind. And on this note, everyone pays him mind. He is the lord of the land, it’s impossible not to pay him mind. Black hair and dark brown eyes he inherited from his mother, tall nose and thin lips he inherited from his father. He has two sisters, both wedded to lords of other lands, living their own lives as good ladies and mothers to the future heirs. The master is the youngest of the three.

The servant is a thin and frail looking boy. Dark brown eyes and curly hair framing his small delicate face. Tall nose, thick lips. His limbs are thin, almost that of a girl. Also the reason why the master has taken a liking to bedding him.

The servant has been the servant since he was three. He was sold to the then lord of the land but was immediately given to the youngest child for companionship and entertainment. And so, from that day onwards, the servant, Ahn Daniel, has been serving his master.

The servant went to his room just across the master’s and gather fresh clothes for himself. He hates the master to his guts but there’s nothing he can do against his will. He was a servant. His life was bought. There’s no getting away. He wouldn’t try to escape. He have seen what happened to slaves who escaped. He doesn’t want the same fate. There’s no going out of here. Until something happened.

“What is this?” The master squinted his eyes at the man who delivered the message from the master’s father.

“I was only asked to deliver the letter, my lord.” The lad said, fear evident on his stature.

“Master.” The servant was in the room, asking permission to pour his master some wine.

The master looked at his servant with anger burning in his eyes. The servant is used to this, but he doesn’t think he will ever become immune to fear. He looked down to avert his master’s gaze.

“Look at me!” And the servant quickly obliged. He know better. “Do you know about this all along?”

The servant looked at him, confused about what he could be talking about.

“It’s just two things then. You knew about this all along and was just bidding your time, or you are a great pretender! So good even your eyes believe your lies!” The master was angry, the servant can see that clearly. But he doesn’t know why. The master left and so does the man who delivered the letter. Now alone, the servant took the letter and read it. For the first time in twenty years, he smiled. Ah, the gods hasn’t abandoned him as he thought they did. That night, he slept with a heart anticipating for his twentieth birthday. The day he would be free from his master.

“Are you happy?” The master asked the servant one afternoon. The servant looked at him and nodded before getting back to cleaning his master’s room. When suddenly, the master pulled him by the hair and made him look at him. “Well, I don’t seem to see that on your face now, do I? At least smile.” The master said, mocking a smile.

“I bet you’re happy you will be able to leave this castle and be free from me. Well, let me tell you this. Today is the beginning of the worst one week of your life. Just one week until you are free of me, huh? Let me show you how fun that last week would be.” The master spat on his face before leaving.

The servant would’ve cried. But his tears are now dry. He couldn’t shed a single drop anymore.

True to what the master said, the week has been a whole lot worse than what the servant has experienced in his whole time serving the young lord. He was barely given food or drink yet he was asked and expected to work triple time than he used too.

“Hey , bring the ladies food, will you? And wine!” The master ordered, his giggled and flock around him.

The servant obeyed but he was feeling weak. He begged for water.

“What? You’re not getting any. You should be thankful to me, you know. I’m helping you get used to what your life is going to be when you leave this castle. You ‘repoor, a low life, where do you think you’re going to get water and food out there?” The master laughed, his laughed with him. The servant left the room and went to his. He lie on the bed and wait for tomorrow to come. The day he is finally a free man.

“When you leave this palace, food, water, dry place to sleep in, will be scarce. Serve me for the rest of your days and you will never starve.” The master stated.

“Will I? I was serving you last night, and the night before that, even the night before that. I remember myself starving, master.” The servant, now equipped with his new found courage to talk back said.

The master’s anger boiled up. “Doesn’t mean you are free of slavery under me, I couldn’t strike you down right here for disrespecting me!” The servant felt his knees quiver in fear. That day, he walked out of the castle and never once looked back.