Chapter 2

V, J-hope, and A Class Full of ....????

“Mom, I’m not a kid anymore!”

Taehyung lightly flinched when his mom was about to fix his tie, but soon let his mom did halfheartedly. He placed his hands on his pants’ pockets and looked at his managed tie.

“You’re still my kid,” Mrs. Kim spoke with no expression. She patted the fine-folded tie on her son’s neck and smiled. “Good luck for today, Taehyung.”

 Taehyung just simply nodded as the response and he figured a light smile on the corner of his lips. “Thanks.”

It was the morning of his first day at school. Taehyung was quite nervous, he didn’t know whether he bring the right books or not, he didn’t know who would he meet, he didn’t even know with who will he be friends and with who will he sit. At least Jungkook, a friend he had known for such a long time, would also be there.

Taehyung walked towards the door to get out of the house, and on the way there he playfully snatched a toast from the dining table. He ate the toast while buckling his belt.

“Are you going to walk by yourself?!” from the living room Taehyung could faintly hear his dad’s yell. Taehyung replied with a loud hum as he jumped, tried hard to wear his sneakers.

“Are you sure you don’t need my ride?!” his dad yelled again, and Taehyung hummed loudly again, sighed in relief as he succeeded wearing his sneakers.

There wasn’t any sound calling him again, so he just simply headed towards the door, opened it and went outside before yelling, “I’m going!”

Once he got out of the house, the breeze of the morning wind immediately made him feel cold. Taehyung rubbed his arms with his palms as he walked out of the opened gate towards the school.

It was still about six in the morning. Taehyung wondered around while walking himself to the new school, thanks to his mom to chose this one so it wasn't too far from his house. There were several students who walked at the same direction (and same destination, he guessed) but it would be awkward for immediately introducing himself, so he decided to drown himself inside his mind.

After a fifteen minute walk, he finally arrived at the school. The school was quiet since school actually started at seven, but students have been entering the gate, maybe they didn't want to come in late just like him. He could see students older than him, probably on the second and third grades. But he could also see freshmen still wearing their old school's uniform. 

Taehyung walked towards the announcement board after wondering where it would be for a moment, and finally he found a map to his class over there. He read it and walked by himself to the class, and he just found out that the class was located in the third floor, and it meant he has to walk further than he used to be.

After a tiring 'trip' to his class, he finally got into it. He silently opened the door and looked at how silent the class was.

"Is this a grave?" He even murmured to himself, surprised by the class' state. He saw one or two unfamiliar students with different uniforms, they were both sitting separately. He decided to do so too, so he approached a seat on the corner of the classroom. He pulled the chair next to the wall and sat on it. He folded his hands casually and threw his gaze all over the class.

There was a big board behind him, usually for pinning works and wall magazines that the classmates had made. Each group of seats had two chairs and two tables on it, so let's just hope that he would get a nice seatmate. Hard to admit, but having Jungkook the buttslapper as a seatmate wasn't a bad idea.

I shouldn't came this early, he thought. I should've pretended to wake up a bit later.

After wondering about that, Taehyung felt more and more sleepy. He slowly closed his eyes and he hung his head lower, tried to hide his eyes under his bangs so that he could sleep. When he did that just for about a moment, the door suddenly creeked open, Well, at least most of the students inside the class decided to see and examine it, but Taehyung seemed to care less of who's coming at the door. 

Even though it was Hoseok.

Yes, Jung Hoseok entered the class awkwardly. He wandered left and right, looking for a place to sit. Of course he didn't want to sit beside a foreign student he didn't even know. There was a seemed-to-be comfortable seat, but sure he didn't want to sit beside an insane girl who was squealing happily by herself.

Where should I seat? The class looks more like a grave! Uh, maybe I should've said where should I bury myself.

His eyes stopped right near the corner, his favorite seat spot since he was an elementary school student. He saw a student sitting with his hands folded and eyes closed. His head was hung down so Hoseok couldn't see who it was clearly.

Then his mind snapped and he realized how familiar the figure was.

Isn't it the boy I met on the entrance exam? he thought. What was his name again.... Tae... Tae.... Taehyeon? No, it's a girl's name. Tae......

He kept questioning it as he moved closer to the seat next to Taehyung. 

Then the memory of the student ID he saw popped out.

That's Taehyung! Kim Taehyung! he thought, yelling it out loud in his mind.

Hoseok was about to pull out the chair quickly because he felt finally a bit relieved to see someone he 'knew', but then the image of their first meeting stopped him. There's no way he's going to surprise Taehyung again by pulling a chair so harsh. Even Taehyung was sleeping peacefully now!

Hoseok moved gently, sitting on the chair. He didn't even say a single word, he just stared at the sleeping Taehyung while waiting for the class to fill up. Hoseok curved the corners of his lips because he realized that watching someone sleeping was such a funny thing to do.

Taehyung was froze right in the seat, trying to close his eyes and enjoying the empty and silent athmosphere as he finally realized that sleeping again was something impossible. He opened his eyes and blinked for several times after finally opening his eyes wide.

He didn't realize the presence of Jung Hoseok before he finally looked at the right. 

Hoseok was smiling until his lips were stretched from ear to ear, and Taehyung widened his eyes until they're stretched from forehead to chin. Both of them were just staring at each other without saying anything.

Taehyung pointed Hoseok with his middle finger and yelled, "You?!"

Hoseok grinned and held Taehyung's middle finger. He awkwardly pointed himself with his index finger and said, "Me?"

Taehyung was still quite surrpised because of the sudden meeting although he had known that Jung Hoseok would enter this school, but expecting Hoseok to be his chairmate was just ways too high.

Seeing that Taehyung was still stunned, Hoseok laughed in amusement and waved his hand in front of Taehyung's face. "Hellooo? Is there anything wrong?"

Taehyung gapped his lips and immediately shook his head. "N-nothing."

Hoseok chuckled and finally turned away from Taehyung; he folded his arms and looked around the class. "Woah, I didn't expect such a nice class."

"I-it wasn't that nice," Taehyung nervously replied. "On my elementary school, we used to sit on sofa-looked chair and write on white plastic tables, not the wooden ones like this."

"Really?" Hoseok opened his mouth and his eyes wide, he immediately turned his body to look at Taehyung. "My tables were even smaller than these ones!"

Taehyung curved the corner of his lips, tried to hold back his laughter seeing this country bumpkin. "Great that you enter this school, so that you can feel this."

...and that you can meet me?

Taehyung tried to kick his previous wonder away, while Hoseok let out a small chuckle and nodded. "Uh-huh."

The silence between them were awkward, but I guess Taehyung was the only one who felt it. He nervously bit his lip, glanced down to his lap and put his tangled palms on the table, didn't know what to do while Hoseok was nodding and keep on looking the class.

Thankfully, the loud thump from the door could pull their mind away. It was a foreign girl with too large backpack on her bag, too large new uniforms she wore, and her hidden face under her too long bangs. She looked around to find an empty chair, but her gaze stopped at Hoseok and Taehyung's place. 

She turned her back and walked towards the door again, making people in the class followed her step in confuse.

"Yah, you! I guess you would like this."

The girl with long bangs walked back to class, but soon followed by another foreign girl. Taehyung finally looked at both of them curiously. The new girl who entered the class had long ponytail and her bangs clipped on the top of her head.

"What did you mean with-" the one with ponytail looked around to see what the girl with bangs talked about, but soon she understood what. There were two guys who looked like a couple sitting together, the other one was widening his eyes with slightly reddened cheeks, and the other one was sitting calmly with his hands folded and back leaned.

The girl with ponytail nodded in agreement while still staring at them and she squinted. "I understand, Park Sangmun."

Park Sangmun, the girl with bangs, nodded and pulled that girl in ponytail. "Let's find a seat, Lee Eunra."

Lee Eunra, the girl with ponytail, immediately rushed towards a seat one row diagonally in front of Hoseok's and Taehyung's, since the seat right beside them had filled with a bag on it, whoever's it was, it was such a huge bag.

Sangmun followed and put her bag beside Eunra's. Eunra just sat down her chair and stared right at Hoseok and Taehyung with a wide, super wide grin. Sangmun laughed and followed her friend to stare at them.

"It's such a pity that we can't sit here," Eunra said and slammed the table behind her, right beside Hoseok's that has had a bag on it. Of course everyone would know that sitting beside a very cute couple was her only purpose. "A bastard has taken this place, tch," she murmured still with a smile on her face.

Let's go back to Hoseok and Taehyung. Hoseok was still looking around and examining every students in amusement. There was a tall boy sitting beside the window, another guy sitting at the table in front of the class with his phone in front of his eyes. There was also a girl who was looking down with a super thick novel on her hands.

He threw his gaze towards Taehyung. It was still the same face he saw at the entrance test, but such a tidier style. He wore the new produced football shoes that was produced by a famous shoes factory, and-

"Hey! You play football too?" Hoseok immediately asked, and Taehyung nodded. "...Yes?"

"Me too!" Hoseok figured his usual, wide and cheerful smile, and it made Taehyung stunned for a while. "Yah, tell me! Are you the fan of Madrid? Barcelona? Or it is our local team?"

Right that time when Taehyung was about to answer, a figure of a guy entered the class loudly. Both of them immediately looked at him, and it was Jeon Jungkook. Jungkook didn't realize the presence of Taehyung at first, but soon he stopped his step and grinned widely. "Kim Taehyung!"

Taehyung chuckled once he saw Jungkook, one of his best friend. "You've came?"

Jungkook nodded with a wide smile, but when he just opened his mouth to reply Taehyung's words, he realized the presence of another guy who sat beside Taehyung. Jungkook stared at Hoseok, the unknown guy, with his mouth still opened wide.

Hoseok chuckled at Jungkook's stare, so he just stood up and stuck out his hand. "Hello, here's Jung Hoseok."

Jungkook blinked and looked at Taehyung nervously, didn't know what to do. Taehyung who was still sitting down just pretended to shake his own hand to tell Jungkook to shake Hoseok's hand as introduction, but when Jungkook was about to speak again, he couldn't.

Taehyung stood up and laughed awkwardly. "He is Jeon Jungkook, my friend."

From the outer appearance, Jungkook was a perfect and good looking guy everyone would like. He was also a super genius, but actually he had one problem that blocked almost everything. He couldn't socialize, and even saying out loud his name in front of a new guy was a little hard.

Hoseok laughed awkwardly and rubbed his nape. "Well... it's nice to meet you, Jeon Jungkook!"

Jungkook just nodded and immediately ran away towards his table without even making another eye contact.

His seat was behind Lee Eunra and Park Sangmun, and only separated by the hallway with Hoseok's. So it was his place, Lee Eunra nodded slightly.

After that, new students started coming inside the class. There was a punk-ish guy, nerdy girl, almost every type of humans were there. A student from Jungkook and Taehyung's old school also came and sat next to Jungkook (EunRa thought about those thing differently). 

The mood of the class seemed hyper with the meeting of old classmates and stuff. Some was still shy but the atmosphere was friendly enough. It was enjoyable.

This will be a great year, Taehyung mentally thought. This will be one.

 

 

 

Hello, this is asdfghjm15 c:

Apologize for the too-late update, our moods are still blue because of Yifan. /sobs at a corner

And this is hannjae_lin.

Yeah I apologize too... We had some problems about our mood, especially when we heard the news (EXO). But I still hope you enjoy the chapter!! Thank you for reading!!

 

Promoting my other story: Smile and Tears it's SNSD Taeyeon fanfiction (Taeteuk/Taeny). thanks ^^