T W O

Different Worlds

I just stood there, staring at this huge building right in front of me. I read the sign 'SMTOWN' and gulped. We're finally here. I took a deep breath before turning to Suji who is just as amazed as I am.

"Ready?" I asked her.

She just nodded, eyes still wide. We started walking towards the entrance and showed the guard our pass. As soon as we got in we looked around and saw so many posters of Super Junior, SNSD, TVXQ, BoA, and of course SHINee. But what really caught my eyes is that one poster which had five silhouettes of girls and a big caption that says 'You're Next'. It was for a global audition that SM is launching. We were so busy taking it all in that we didn't even notice a man who seemed to be in his mid 30s approach us.

"You must be Jinri and Suji, right?" He asked us, making us jump a little. We turned to face him.

"Yes." We both said and bowed to the man.

"Come with me." He said and started walking and we followed suit.

Every room we passed by we would look at it with awe. Even the smallest details in that building amazed us. He gave us a quick tour and showed us the recording studio, and the different kinds of practice rooms used for vocalizing, dancing, composing, and playing instruments. There were so many that we lost count. Finally after that long walk, we finally arrived to a certain room. From the outside we could hear the music blasting. The man opened the door of us and let us through.

"By the way, I'm Choi Gyeongsik, SHINee's manager. If you need anything, just find me." He said before leaving. We just bowed and thanked him.

We turned and saw SHINee practicing and for the nth time we just stood there staring at them in awe. After the song has finished, they went to the back of the room to get their water bottles and wipe their sweat. Finally Onew turned his head when he noticed another presence and looked at us.

"Kids, they're here." Onew said and all the members looked at us.

I swear to God I could've melted right there and then because of their gazes and I know Suji was feeling the same so we just stood there awkwardly.

"Taemin, bring them here quickly." Key said and slightly pushed Taemin.

He carefully approached us with a smile and went to our back. He gave us a gentle push towards the others.

"Hey." They greeted us and we just smiled shyly.

"No need for you to be shy, we're gonna be friends now." Minho said with his eyes looking as big as ever.

"Come on, we'll show you around." Jonghyun grabbed our wrists and pulled us to the door but Key pulled his shirt and stopped him.

"We have to shower first. You're all sweaty and you smell bad." Key made a face of disgust.

Jonghyun whined but followed anyway. The members went for the other door that lead to the shower room but Onew stayed for a little while.

"You two just stay here and wait for us. You can use Jonghyun's ipod and play some songs if you want." Onew said and handed us the ipod.

"Is it okay? Can we really use it?" I looked at the ipod then back to Onew.

"Wait." He brought up one finger. "Jonghyun!" He called out.

"What?" Jonghyun yelled back from the shower room.

"Can the girls use your ipod? They're just gonna play a few songs while waiting for us!" He shouted.

"Sure!" Jonghyun shouted back. I swear they shouted as if they were mountains away from each other which made Suji and I giggle because of their weirdness.

We watched as Onew made his way to the shower room. He was about to close the door when Jonghyun's head suddenly popped out. He was hiding his body and we could see his bare shoulder which meant he was already . Suji and I automatically looked away, hiding our blush.

"Just don't go through anything else besides my songs, okay?" He said and we just nodded, still not looking at him.

SHINee finally started showering and we scrolled through Jonghyun's songs.

"Jonghyun oppa has so many songs of girl groups." I muttered, slightly amused.

Just then Suji suddenly had an amazing idea. "Jinri, wanna dance?"

I stared at her for a while then smiled widely. "Shall we?"

We chose a random girl group song then hurried to the center of the practice room and started dancing. Suji and I have been dancing to girl group songs whenever we're bored so we pretty much have mastered many dance steps. The feeling of dancing in an actual practice room made us more energetic and passionate in dancing. It felt like we were actual idols. We danced there for almost an hour, not noticing that 5 pairs of eyes were already watching us.

When the last song finished, we finally grew tired and slowly collapsed on the floor. We just laid there, still catching our breath when we suddenly heard claps. We looked to side and saw SHINee grinning while clapping their hands. We stood up quickly as they came near us.

"That was amazing!" Key had the biggest smile on his face.

"You guys are actually even better than the original artists." Jonghyun added.

"Do you guys dream to be an idol? I think it would fit you very well, right guys?" Onew said and all of them agreed.

"Oh hyung, isn't there an audition going on today?" Taemin turned to Onew.

"That's right. It's for the new girl group." Minho continued.

"Oh yeah! You should totally join!" Key said excitedly.

"Audition? Right now?" I was surprised.

"But we're not ready." Suji sided with me.

"Oh come, you can just perform what you danced a while ago." Key seemed to be the most persistent.

Then the next thing we knew, SHINee were already pulling us towards a room that is just a meters away from their practice room.

"Oppa, we can't possibly go to an audition that we haven't prepared for."

"The others probably practiced all day and night for this audition. We would look like a joke."

That's all we managed to say as we try to escape from them. I had a hard time escaping from their grip but I finally did. I quickly ran as fast as I can away from them but not before shooting Suji an apologetic look.

"Taemin, go after her!" They all said while laughing hysterically.

I ran faster when I felt Taemin coming close to me but eventually he caught me. He grabbed my waist from behind and pulled me closer to him.

"Oppa, let me go." I struggled to break away but in the end I couldn't. I grew tired and just sighed. I heard Taemin chuckle and whispered, "How cute."

He turned me around so I'm facing him. "See, you'll just get tired. You can't escape me." He said, still holding me by my waist. He had a warm smile on his face and I couldn't help but to stare at him. His eyes, his nose, his lips...

"Am I that handsome?" He broke me out of my thoughts.

I scoffed but laughed anyway. "That's right. I guess that's why you're my favorite member." I blurted out without thinking.

"I'm your favorite?" He smirked, teasing me.

I tried to hide my blushing face and looked down. Taemin brought a finger to my chin and pushed it up, making me look at him.

"Don't worry, you're also my favorite fan." He smiled warmly again.

"Psh you're just saying that. I'm just an ordinary fan." I frowned as reality hit me.

"No, you seem special. You're nice, talented and very beautiful." He looked at me in the eyes and we just stayed like that for a little while.

He cleared his throat. "Let's go back. They're waiting for us." He pulled back his arm from my waist then started walking.

I followed him from behind, my head hung low. I was kinda disappointed that our little skinship had to end so fast. He looked back and noticed my expression. He quickly grabbed my hand and pulled me beside him. I looked up to see him smiling again.

"In case you think of running away again."

We went back to meet the others.

"What took you guys so long?" Key nagged.

"She really gave me a hard time." Taemin pointed at me.

"I did not!"

"Yes you did!" Our cute bickering made the other members raise their eyebrows and they seem to notice our hands intertwined.

"You guys were just alone for a few minutes and you're that close already?" Minho teased us.

"Wow Taemin, you move faster than I do now." Jonghyun chortled.

We all laughed while SHINee continued teasing us except for Suji. I saw her looking at our still intertwined hands and her face stiffened.

"Alright, alright, let's not forget about the audition." Onew said and lead the way.

It's finally our turn. We went inside but not before receiving a lot of 'fighting!' from SHINee.

"Hello, I'm Choi Jinri."

"Hello, I'm Bae Suji." We both bowed to the five judges in front of us.

"Are you girls auditioning as a team?" The lady in a white elegant dress asked us.

"Yes." We answered.

"Okay, start."

Suji and I started dancing to a song that we've mastered. While dancing, I noticed the faces of the judges were really impressed. The song finally came to an end and we stood there, panting and waiting for their critic.

"No doubt, you girls were good. But that's for dancing. What about singing?" One of them said.

Suji and I looked at each other. Then Suji turned to look at the judges. "We'll sing A Goose's Dream."

I stood there shocked and confused. Suji knows that I don't sing that well and the song has so many high notes. The judge in the middle seem to notice my confusion.

"Are you okay with that, Miss Jinri?" He asked. I looked at him and realized that he was Lee Sooman, the CEO of SM Ent.

"Y-yes." I stuttered

The music started playing and Suji began singing. She sang so well so I knew I had to catch up but my voice failed me. I sang so low that Suji's voice overpowered mine. She hit the notes well while I kept on stopping when the notes are too high for me. That felt like the longest three minutes of my life.

"It was really good. I can see that you girls have talent. However, only one of you can pass." Lee Sooman said.

I gathered all my confidence and spoke. "Suji and I are best friends. If you can't take us both, then might as well don't take any of us at all. We're a team, right Suji?" I looked at her and held her hand.

She pulled her hand back and I flinched. "No, I really want to become an idol. It only means she doesn't want it that much. But I do. I don't care if only one of us can get through and it's obviously me. She's just holding me back."

"Suji..." Tears started to form in my eyes.

"Don't take it too hard." Suji turned to face me. "You were never meant to become an idol anyway." She continued.

"Is that so?" Lee Sooman interrupted us. "But the person who passed is not you, Suji, it's Jinri."

"Mr. Lee!" Apparently, this was also news to the other judges as they had expected it to be Suji. But since he is the CEO, they couldn't do anything about it.

"Excuse me?" Suji furrowed her eyebrows

"You heard me." Lee Sooman smirked.

"This is impossible! How can she pass and not me? I was better than her!" Suji ranted as I just stayed still except for my tears that kept on falling.

Out of frustration, Suji walked out but not before giving me the darkest glare I've ever seen.

"Congratulations, Jinri. You may go now."

And that was how I became a trainee at SM Ent.

--

I didn't update for a while so I guess you guys deserve this. I think one of the reasons why I don't update much is because I'm slowly giving up on Taelli. I really don't want to and I try to relive their moments back then, but ever since Taemin's WGM and Sulli dating Choiza, it's hard to still fight for Taelli.

I might sound a little emotional and overreacting just because of a pairing, but I've always loved and supported Taelli even though sometimes it gets hopeless. I hope you guys can help me or just give me reasons why I shouldn't give up on Taelli. Thank you and sorry for this long a/n.