O N E

Different Worlds

Bami gipeumyeon chajaol Dream Girl

"Once again, a big round of applause for SHINee! Now that we've come to an end, you know what that means, right? The search for SHINee's dream girl! The lucky girl will be chosen through the ticket number. All the stubs are inside this box, and any of you watching right now have the chance to win. SHINee's dream girl will not only be able to meet the boys up close and personal, but also she will fly to Korea together with SHINee and watch them in their dance practices, recordings, and rehearsals. So, what are we waiting for?"

Lee Jinki, or better known as Onew, put his hand inside the transparent plastic box. He gave the stubs a little whirl then picked out a ticket from the corner of the box which is weird because normally it should be from the center. He passed the ticket to Jonghyun for him to announce the winner. I held my ticket tight and stared at the numbers sternly.

"0..." he started.

The beating of my heart became unstable. I looked to my right and saw my best friend Suji was nervous as well. We held hands and smiled, wishing each other good luck.

"...0...3...9...5"

As Jonghyun gets closer to finishing the numbers, more and more fans got disappointed and sad. But not me, I was still in the game. Thankfully.

"...8...what's this?"

I looked up to see Jonghyun looking so confused. He showed the other members the ticket, asking them to read the numbers. At first we all thought it was some kind of a joke to make us more nervous, but their manager and other officials came up the stage and took the ticket and we knew they weren't kidding. Their manager got the mic from Jonghyun.

"Will the owners of the ticket numbers 039582 and 039583 please come up the stage."

I gulped what seems to be a huge lump in my throat. The numbers were familiar, and that's when I realized it was me...and Suji. We stood up, a little unstable, and made our way up the stage.

"Apparently the chosen ticket has been smudged so we couldn't identify whether the last digit is two or three. That means the winner is either one of you," their manager said as if telling us that the decision is in our hands.

I looked at Suji with anxiety written all over my face only to be welcomed with her face matching mine. I know very well that both of us wanted this badly. Compassion swept over me and decided that I would step down and let my best friend have the winning ticket, but as I turned and saw the anticipating faces of SHINee especially Taemin, I couldn't bring myself to do it anymore. I faced Suji again who is still too overwhelmed to talk and came up with an idea. I held her hands and whispered 'I got this.' I let go of her hand and slowly walked to get the mic from the manager to announce our decision.

"Suji and I are best friends. We can't let one of us go happily with SHINee while the other one go home devastated. So it's either you take us both or we won't go at all." I tried to sound as firm as I can despite my trembling body.

Everyone seemed to be astonished including Suji. Their manager frowned, not pleased with what I said and that's when I knew he chose the latter. We won't go.

"If that's the case, then fine. I guess you girls didn't want to win that much so we'll just call another lucky fan to stand there in your place. You two may now go down the stage," their manager said a bit coldly that made me wince a little at his words.

"Wait!" Just as we're about to leave, someone shouted out of the blue. We turned around and saw it was none other than Lee Taemin. Shock and thrill were the feelings that shook me having his gaze at us.

He brought the mic back to his lips and said something that cost Suji and I to burst in tears. "We'll have them both."


It's a short chapter, I know. I'm sorry. But better things are to come, hopefully. I don't have much ideas for this story right now, and I certainly don't have enough time to spare with all my projects and tests but I'll try to update this often and my other stories as well. Thank you for being patient x