T H R E E

Different Worlds

I've been an SM trainee for three months now. The training is no joke and they're really pushing the trainees to be the best. In the morning, I have my English and Chinese class, and if I don't have them I take acting class. In the afternoon, I have my singing and dance class. In the middle of my dance lessons, my dance coach barged in the room followed by three girls and one boy.

"Jinri, come here for a second." Coach ordered me.

I gave a few bows to her and to the four other persons and they bowed back. My instructor asked us to sit on the floor and we cautiously did, still awkward with one another.

"I'm pleased to tell you that you girls will be the members of SM's new girl group."

As she said that, the five of us automatically looked at one another. We all stopped and stared at the very petite boy who stared back at us, looking confused.

"But Coach, we have a boy member?" The shortest girl pointed to the boy.

Suddenly Coach started laughing hysterically. She clutched her stomach from laughing so hard, leaving us completely dumbfounded. Finally she eventually stopped and caught her breath.

"I knew you kids would say that." She chuckled again, but just for a second this time. "That person right there is not a boy. Her name is Amber." She continued.

"You're a girl?" We all shouted and turned to the boy, I mean...girl.

"I- I don't understand." That Amber girl spoke in English, looking scared.

"Oh my God, you speak English?" The slim girl with a pretty face answered back also in English. (A/N: For now, all the conversations of Krystal and Amber will be in English especially Amber, okay? Okay.)

"Yeah?" Amber said awkwardly.

"Alright, I want you girls to come to the front one by one and introduce yourself to us. We'll start with the eldest one which is you Qian." Coach stepped to the side and gave the floor to...Qian? Weird name, maybe she's also not Korean.

"Hello, I'm Song Qian. I'm 23 years old. I'm from China." She talked with a weird accent, but for someone who is not Korean, she spoke well.

"Amber, you're up next." Coach called out.

"Hey what's up I'm Amber Josephine Liu. I'm 18 years old. I'm half American, half Taiwanese." None of us understood what she just said so we had the girl with a pretty face translate it for us.

"You sure have a girly name for someone who dresses up like that." The shortest girl blurted out.

"The most talkative girl is next." Coach made eye contact to the shortest girl.

She pointed to herself. "Me?"

"Yes, you."

"Hello!" She waved to us with a wide energetic smile. "I'm Park Sunyoung. I'm 17 years old, and I'm full Korean. Nice to meet you all! I'm so excited to be friends with you." She squealed.

"Alright ,calm down, Sunyoung. Now for the youngest ones. Jinri, Soojung, both of you come to the front."

"Hello, I'm Choi Jinri. I'm 16 years old. I'm also full Korean." I said timidly.

"I'm Jung Soojung. 16 years old. Half Korean, half American." That slim girl- I mean Soojung said confidently. "Oh and I'm the younger sister of Jessica." She continued.

"Jessica? You mean from Girls' Generation?" Sunyoung was amazed.

"Yeah." She answered simply.
 

"Well, now that you kids know the names of your members, I shall leave you alone. But when I come back, I need to see that you're already comfortable and quite close with one another, understand?"

"Yes." We answered.

As soon as Coach stepped out of the room, Soojung got up and approached Amber.

"So you're from America, huh? Where exactly in America?" Soojung questioned her.

"Oh I'm from California. LA to be exact."

"Oh my God I'm from Cali too, but in San Francisco."

After eavesdropping for a while, I decided to stop since I couldn't understand a thing they're saying. I looked at Qian and she was just sitting there, playing with her fingers. Then I turned to look at Sunyoung and was surprised to see she was already looking at me.

"Hi! Jinri, right?" She seems to be in a really good mood.

"Yes. Hello, Sunyoung-ssi." I answered shyly.

"Please, just call me Sunyoung unni." She said and I just nodded. She then turned to Qian. "Qian unni, come here and join us!" She waved her hands. Qian came quick and the three of us started laughing and getting to know each other. After a while, the two Americans came too.

"Hey, how come you didn't invite us?" Soojung pouted cutely.

"Well, you two were too busy having your English conversation." I suddenly blurted out, unaware of my actions. I saw how Soojung was taken aback. "Sorry, I didn't mean it like that." I panicked.

"No, it's okay. I'm going to tell you what Amber just told me. It's hilarious!" The both of them sat down with us and we started chatting again.

In just a short period of time, I got to know what the members are like.

Qian is very caring and gentle. She's like a mother to all of us.

Sunyoung is like a real ray of sunshine. She gives off so much energy and enthusiasm, and she can brighten up your day just by looking at her.

Amber is really cool. She gives off that swag vibe.

Soojung is chic. She can turn from being cute and adorable to sophisticated and matured real quick.

Without us noticing, Coach came back and saw us laughing and really bonding with each other. A smile formed on her lips and decided to just leave us and let us continue our fun for the rest of the day.

And thus, f(x) was born.

--

Sorry if there's no taelli here. I just had to make this chapter all about f(x) because I miss f(5) so much. And I really miss how they used to be. How they were so energetic and all smiles on stage. But I promise there will be taelli next chap and many more to come.

Oh and thank you so much for the advice and the suggestions about taelli especially to seiranti, sullitaemin, shinssul, fxmaknaesstan, rnbear_ and fxshirley. It really helped. You guys are amazing.