{ 16 }

Strangers With Memories

{ 16 }

 

“Good evening, Master Kwon.” The Kwons’ long-time butler, Yoo Kyung Min, greeted as he stepped in the great Kwon mansion.

 

“Where is mother?”

 

“Madame Kwon is already in the dining hall with Miss Kwon, Master.” Kyung Min answered.

 

“Thanks.” Jiyong answered and made his way towards their dining hall. When he got there, he saw the two most important women in his life. His mother, Kwon Yuhee, and of course, his dongsaeng, Kwon Yuri.

 

“Son! You’re here!” Their mother excitedly gushed. She even stood up and met Jiyong halfway to embrace him.

 

“Tch.” Yuri pouted. “I’m always here but you don’t look at me as you look at oppa, omma! Why are you like that?!”

 

“It’s because eomeoni loves me more, Yul.” Jiyong joked before he sat at the chair in front of Yuri.

 

“This girl, really.” Madame Kwon scolded. “Jiyong-ah, don’t mind this brat, okay? Eat a lot! You seldom come home. I feel like I’m always alone in this house.”

 

“Omma! I–” Yuri pointed to herself before continuing. “–am always here!”

 

“Oh jinjja?” Madame Kwon feigned surprise. “I thought you live at the mall.”

 

Jiyong and their mother laughed while Yuri sulked. “See oppa, omma is mean to me!”

 

“Then you be good to her, okay?” Jiyong smiled.

 

“Aish!”

 

“Yah Kwon Yuri, you don’t need to always be in the shopping mall just because abeoji named it from you!” Jiyong scolded his younger sister. “Help eomeoni around here.”

 

“But oppa–!”

 

“Kwon Yuri.”

 

“Aish, arasso oppa.” Yuri nodded.

 

The three of them continued to eat in silence when Madame Kwon opened a conversation. “Jiyong-ah… I heard from Yuri that you met a girl today?”

 

Jiyong stopped eating to look menacingly at Yuri. “Eomeoni, it’s not like that. You make it sound like we’re dating.”

 

“Yah oppa, stop lying!” Yuri looked at their mother. “Omma, listen to me. Jiyong oppa and Dara unnie are totally going out! But you don’t need to worry much, omma. They look awesome together!”

 

“Really?! It’s the first time I’ve heard you go out with anyone.” Madame Kwon said and looked at Jiyong, surprise shown on her face.

 

Yuri looked like she was about to say something, but she closed . Aish, what’s the point? Perhaps oppa and that girl broke up already since he’s seeing Dara unnie now, Yuri thought.

 

“No, eomeoni. Sandara and I are not seeing each other. We were actually on a project together, so…” He let his voice trail off and shrugged. He doesn’t want to bother the two women with the problem anymore.

 

“Jiyong-ah…” Madame Kwon held one of Jiyong’s hands. “I’m fine if you want to date anyone. Just make sure that she’s a nice woman and your sister and I will accept her with both arms.”

 

“Eomeoni, it’s really not the case with us. I’m too busy with work to even start dating.”

 

“Yah, you!” Madame Kwon lightly slapped Jiyong’s hand. “Don’t work too hard! Slow down a little, Jiyong. Find a girl and let your Uncle Pil Guk handle things!” Jo Pil Guk was one of the company’s board of directors. He was the brother of Madame Kwon.

 

Jiyong smiled to assure his mother. “Eomeoni, trust me. I’m fine. Besides, Uncle Pil Guk is getting older, too. I don’t want to burden him with more work.”

 

“But at the rate you’re going, you might be the one who’ll look older first!” Madame Kwon sighed. “Jiyong, take a break, okay? A vacation somewhere. Even just for two or three weeks. You’ve been working like a dog since…”

 

“Eomeoni, I work hard to keep food on the table.”

 

“Tss. If we only need food, your abeoji left us 67 branches of supermarkets!” Madame Kwon rebutted.

 

“Still. Just take care of yourselves. You don’t have to worry about me, eomeoni.”

 

“Aigoo. Okay, whatever you say. Just make sure that I will have naughty grandchildren running around this house and making my days brighter before I turn 60, arasso?!”

 

Jiyong chuckled. “Yah, Kwon Jiyong, I’m not kidding!” Madame Kwon added. “But well, I don’t think I need to worry much. Your little dongsaeng here already started.” She said before glancing meaningfully at Yuri who blushed.

 

“Omma!”

 

Jiyong’s face turned serious. “WHAT?! Yah, Kwon Yuri, who’s that–”

 

“Oppa, omma’s kiddi–”

 

“It’s her bodyguard!” Madame Kwon replied in a sing-song voice. “You know, that cute guy who’s following her around…”

 

“OMMA! MINHO IS MY BODYGUARD!”

 

“I will fire him.” Jiyong suddenly said. “Choi Minho, right? Tss.”

 

“OPPA!”

 

--

 

“Hey, Dee.” Donghae greeted. “Have you eaten already?”

 

Dara shook her head while pouting. “Not yet. I substituted for Sohee’s class today ‘cause she wasn’t feeling well.”

 

Donghae sat in front of Dara’s desk and handed her an energy drink. “Ah, yeah. Wooyoung told me in passing, but he said that somebody picked up Sohee a while ago.”

 

Her eyes turned to Donghae. “Really? Who?”

 

“I think it was someone named Hee… Chan?” He looked thoughtful. “Or was it Heechul? Aish, I don’t remember.”

 

Dara laughed at her friend. “Maybe Sohee’s dating.  Oh well.” She shrugged once again and got back to her work.

 

Donghae studied Dara. He really wanted to ask her about the person she met last time when she asked Minji to cover for her, but he doesn’t know where to start. The four of them– Dara, Donghae, Sohee and Wooyoung are considered friends, but looking at Dara’s attitude about Sohee’s “dating,” it seems like she’s not that affected with Sohee not telling her everything even though they were all friends. Donghae was afraid that Dara would misunderstand his asking.

 

“Yah, why are you staring at me like that?” Dara curiously asked. “Do you want to know something?”

 

“Ahh… Well…” He rubbed his nape, and then he smiled awkwardly before waving his hand. “It’s nothing, Dee.”

 

“Aiya, what is it? We’ve been friends for almost a year now, Lee Donghae. Spill. Is something bothering you?”

 

“Areyoudatinganyone?!” Donghae blurted out in shock.

 

“What?” Dara responded, curious as to what he said. “I didn’t hear you clearly, Hae.”

 

Donghae took a deep breath before repeating his question. “Are you dating anyone?”

 

Dara frowned for a bit before bursting into a fit of laughter. “Jeez, no! Seriously, Hae, are you sick or something? You’re weird today.”

 

Donghae smiled in relief. “Tch. Don’t mind me. Grab dinner with me later?”

 

“Sure!”

 

_________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Sorry for the late updates! Our net connection's still not fixed T.T Do comment and let me know what you think!~