{ 06 }

Strangers With Memories

{ 06 }

 

“That girl was quite something.” Kwon Jiyong said, making his men look at him with fear. He slowly brought the crystal glass to his lips, sipping a bit amount of whiskey. “She sure is not the type to hold her fire.”

 

Kim Jaejoong, Jiyong’s trusted bodyguard and assistant, quickly walked over to his side. “I’m sorry, Sir Jiyong. Do you want that girl out of the school?”

 

Jiyong glanced at Jaejoong and let out a dry laugh before looking at the scenery in front of him again. He could see the whole façade of Seoul from his office. It was indeed beautiful. Being in that place, staring at the buildings and skyscrapers made him feel powerful. Yet, no matter how great and mighty he feels, there was still an empty space. Somehow, after acquiring the title “Number One Businessman” in the whole of Asia and getting richer by every breath, he still couldn’t feel complete. As if something had been taken out of him since that fateful accident, and no matter what he does or where he looks, he could not find it. Strangely, Jiyong feels that he could find whatever it takes to complete him inside him, buried deep into his memories.

 

“You’ve disappointed me, Jaejoong. Is that how you take me for? Firing a girl from her job just because she freely expressed her opinion?” He turned and found Jaejoong frowning.

 

“No, sir. I certainly didn’t mean it that way.”

 

“Well, if I do fire that girl, I will only justify her…” Jiyong chuckled. “Strong opinions of me.”

 

“Well, number one businessman or not, he’s still ruthless and cruel. Does he really have to do that to people? Coerce them into selling when they clearly don’t want to? Is that even the way of a human? No, maybe it’s too humble to even call that kind of person human. He should respect other people, too! I bet he’s only respected because he imposed it on his workers. He just pushes them arou–”

 

The fierce girl’s words rang through his ear. Weirdly, he found himself smiling as he recalled everything she said about him. She’s interesting, that girl. He thought. She’s too petite and innocent-looking, yet… He shook his head lightly and took another sip from his glass.

 

He suddenly frowned. But why do I get this feeling that it isn’t the first time I’ve experienced that wrath?

 

All of his men looked strangely at him. Their boss is surely a weird one.

 

--

 

Dara was very nervous upon going to school the next day. She worries about two things: first, the return of Kwon Jiyong and second, the principal’s anger which is surely directed to her.

 

Strangely, though, the principal never dropped by their faculty room. When he did, it was late afternoon and almost everyone was getting ready to go.

 

Contrary to what she imagined, the principal, Mr. Jang, didn’t look angry. In fact, the old man looked satisfied. “I was making rounds. I just want to congratulate everyone for a job well done.”

 

“Job well done, Mr. Jang?” Mrs. Han inquired.

 

“Oh, I had a talk with Mr. Kwon yesterday and he congratulated me for running the place efficiently. He said that he didn’t find any fault and even invited us to a dinner one of these days.” Mr. Jang proudly stated.

 

Dara could feel the stolen glances from her colleagues. Well, even she couldn’t believe it herself. Kwon Jiyong didn’t spill anything to Mr. Jang!

 

 “Really, Mr. Jang?! Mr. Kwon invited us for dinner?” One of Dara’s female colleagues, Ahn Sohee, asked excitedly.

 

The principal nodded. “Yes, Ms. Ahn. He said that he will contact me soon.” Mr. Jang gave them another satisfied smile. “Okay then, I’ll see you.” With that, he left the room.

 

“Maybe Mr. Kwon’s not that bad. See, he didn’t even tell Mr. Jang about the little scene here.” Wooyoung said as soon as Mr. Jang was out of earshot.

 

“Yeah. Truthfully, Dara’s words had been really harsh, yet he only let it go.” Sohee added dreamily. “Mr. Kwon is a real gentleman.”

 

Soon enough, almost everyone in the faculty are discussing about Mr. Kwon’s “gentlemanly qualities,” which made Dara furious. Tss. I bet he’s just guilty of what he did to me five years ago, so I shouldn’t feel grateful to him at all. Him not tattling me to our boss is only a pinch from his mistake to me! If he thinks I’ll forgive him just because of that, well, he can think again!

 

“Yah. Aren’t you thankful to Mr. Kwon?” Donghae asked curiously because she wasn’t reacting to whatever her co-workers were saying.

 

“No.” She answered in a clipped voice.

 

Donghae’s brows met. “Eh?! Not even one percent?!”

 

“No, never! I will never be grateful to Kwon Jiyong!” She responded and banged her fists loudly to her desk, causing everyone in the room to flinch. All of her colleagues were staring at Dara, silence engulfing the whole room.

 

“Dara-yah… Even if you’re angry at Mr. Kwon, I think you’re overdoing it.” Sohee said nervously. “It’s not like Mr. Kwon is begging you to be thankful to him.”

 

That was the only time when Dara realized that she reacted too strongly. She wanted to yell at Sohee too, but she breathed deeply and held it in. No Dara, don’t be ridiculous. They’re acting like this because they know nothing about your past with that JerKwon. Don’t bring them into this.

 

She composed herself and smiled at Sohee. “Yeah, I overreacted. Sorry, I’m still not feeling well.” She grabbed her things and bowed to everyone. “I’ll get going first.” She left the office without another word.

 

_______________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Whoa,33 subscribers already?! D_______O It's only been three days but thank you for your support! A reader commented about the story having a lot of flashbacks and I figured that maybe he/she's not the only one who thinks that way. If you don't like that, I'm sorry! As I have explained, the flashbacks were the only way to describe what happened between all of them five years ago. Still, I hope you guys enjoy!~ ^^ Here are our cutie characters ;P (sorry just can't get enough of their cutenesss ~)

More cute gifs next timeeee!~~