Chapter 1

I'll Protect You

 

 Chanyeol has been living there for about 5 months, almost isolating himself out of humanity. He only have around 50 neighbors, the houses are 10 feet away from each other. He was one of the first who lived in their neighborhood. He got himself a job as a cashier in a nearby Coffee Shop. He has friends from work. It might be a province, but it’s a modernized kind of neighborhood with a great view and nature. He could say that he is really living a perfect life he always wanted: Peaceful life.

 Chanyeol was just doing his daily routine. Waking up early, jog around the neighborhood and have coffee outside before going to work while enjoying the nice morning’s cold breeze when he noticed loads of boxes in the house in front of his.

He was just looking at it, carefully analyzing that a new neighbor might be there when someone said hi to him. He was startled that he even spilled a coffee on his white shirt. He looks around and saw no one.

“Who’s there?! I’m not afraid of ghosts you know!” he said while shaking.

“Ghost?” someone jumped in front of him. He dropped his cup and fell on the ground.

“Ya! What’s with the scared look?”

“Y-you. Ugh!” he looked annoyed when he saw the little man grin. “It’s not funny to scare people especially in the morning!” he said.  “A-and why are you so little?”

The little man kicked him in the . “It’s that a way for you to welcome a new neighbor?!”

“O-ohhh. Okay. I’m sorry.” He got up and fixed himself. “I’m Chanyeol.”

“Hi. I’m Baekhyun and im not that little.”

“I’m sorry I was just looking at that house. I mean, I didn’t thought anyone would move in here.”

“Why?”

“Well, it’s kind of isolated so I thought no one would like it in here.”

“Well you are here.” Baekhyun smiled. “Uhh, yeah. But I have reasons. How about you?”

“I do have a reason as well you know. I just want to purposely isolate myself from the cruel world. You know, full of crime and stuff.”

“Yeah.  So we have the same reason then.” Chanyeol smiled. “Uhh, I better go and changed. I have to go to work. Nice meeting you Baekhyun.”

“Nice meeting you too.” They separated with a smile and Chanyeol then went to work.

 

It was just walking distance. He goes to work at 8am to open the store and goes home at 8pm. The shop has 5 workers, 2 cashiers (including him) and 3 waiters. The owner isn’t always in and he is very kind so everyone enjoys work.  All of them live in neighborhoods nearby the shop and it was a very friendly town.

When it was closing time, the owner got in the store. “Everyone, I have an announcement. So, we will be closed for about a week or so.” Everyone was curious.  “Our sales have been rising these days and I was planning to have a renovation.  Our shop is only little and we’ll have another floor added. Since we have more than enough waiters, we don’t have to worry about that. And I already have another Cashier so we’re okay then. You’ll meet the new employee after next week. That’s all. Go home safe.”

“Oh, and renovation starts next week so have a good 1 week rest til then!”

“Okay boss.” Everyone went home feeling great to have at least a week free. “So, anyone wants to party?” Kai asked.

“Pabo! It’s only Wednesday.” Kyungsoo said. Everyone laughed and tease the both of them.

“You look good together.” Luhan said.

“How about us?” Sehun asked with a grin but only received a hit on the back of his head.

“So it looks like Chanyeol has to find a partner of his own then?” Kai teased. Chanyeol just rolled his eyes. “Want a love triangle?” he teased again.

“What the hell Kai.” Chanyeol looked disturbed.”

“Okay, okay. Sorry.” Kai said with a stupid looking grin which caused everyone to laugh. “Who could the new employee be?” he wondered.

“Yeah, I was curious too.” Sehun added. “Hope the new employee’s hot!” Kai said while Sehun agreed with a hi5.

“erts.” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. Luhan hooked his arm in Kyungsoo’s and they walked fast leaving the three of them.

“Ya, ya! We were only kidding! We have to go Yeol. Keep safe!” Kai and Sehun said and tapped his back. “Wait for us!” they ran after the two.

Chanyeol was dumbfounded but he laughed and find everything cute. “Now I really feel like I want one.” He smiled while walking home.