Wishing For Happiness

Wishing For Happiness

CHAPTERTWO



The constant ringing of her phone had woken her up from her sleep. Jessica groggily checked to see who it was, but ignored the call once she saw who was calling her. She was not ready to talk to him or was she ready to face him. She doesn't even know if he's angry with her for humiliating him in front of his friends, but she isn't the one at fault, right? Who knew he was going to propose to her? Jessica didn't and she wishes it never happened.

Laying sideways on her bed, Jessica saw the familiar baby blue handkerchief resting perfectly on her night stand. A small smile slowly crept up her face as she remembered the owner and her surprisingly adorable big ears. She would be lying if she said the girl wasn't cute at all. She was definitely cute or maybe a little bit beyond that.

If only she could meet someone as cute as her, she would become the happiest person alive. It's too bad that she was only a high school student or else she would have went after her.

Remembering the uniform that the girl wore, Jessica concluded that she was a student from Joongdong High, her old highshool. She made a mental note to herself to go visit there one day and maybe if she could, she can return the blue handkercheif back to it's rightful owner.

It's funny how the stories that her father had told her were actually happening to her. He had told her romantic stories where the man would hand his personal hankerchief to a crying woman, and how the woman would keep it and wash it so that she can use it as an excuse to meet the man again.

That's how it’s supposed to go, right? But it wasn't a man that had given her a handkerchief, but instead, it was a cute young girl.

 

***

 

"Mind telling me what is going on?" Sooyoung asked, placing a cup of coffee onto Jessica's desk.

The latter had time off from her work and thought that she should use it to come interrogate her friend about the recent happenings. Sooyoung had called earlier to ask Jessica if she could visit her at work, of course Jessica was going to say no because she knew what her friend was up to, but the sudden offer of coffee had changed her mind.

"There's nothing going on," Jessica said, taking a sip of her coffee before going back to working on her computer.

"Yeah, right," Sooyoung scoffed, not believing a single thing her friend was saying. "So your boyfriend has been constantly calling me at work asking about you because of nothing?"

"I guess so?" Jessica shrugged, eyes never leaving the screen of her computer.

Sooyoung sighed at the lack of response she was receiving. If Jessica keeps it up with those kinds of answers, they would both end up going nowhere. "I heard you rejected his proposal, why?" Sooyoung went straight to the point.

"I don't know,"

"Jessica," Sooyoung says this time quite sternly. Jessica rolled her eyes at the tone of voice and immediately stop what she was doing. "Will you stop getting into my business? You're always doing that," Jessica said, anger evident in her voice.

"It's because I care about you. Just tell me what's wrong. I want to help you," Sooyoung says, reaching out for Jessica's hand to hold in hoping it will calm the girl down. Sooyoung knew if her friend is reacting like this, it had only meant that she was struggling with a problem that she couldn't face on her own, and Sooyoung was willing to do everything she can to help.

Seeing the look in her friend's eyes, Jessica contemplated whether she should tell Sooyoung the truth or not, but she was afraid on how she will take it. 

Sooyoung sighed seeing the lack of response Jessica was giving her; she doesn't know what to do anymore. "Look. Is it because he proposed to you at a small cafe? Did you want something much more romantic? Or is it-"

"I like girls," Jessica interrupted.

"I'm sorry?" Sooyoung said, surprised at Jessica's sudden declaration. She wasn't sure if she had heard the girl right.

Jessica sighed upon having to repeat it again. She looked directly at Sooyoung's eyes and made sure that the girl was listening to her.

"I, Jessica Jung, like girls."

 

***

 

"You told Yoona?" Jessica glared at the taller girl.

It's only been a couple of days since Jessica told Sooyoung her big secret and she made sure to let the taller girl know that she did not want anyone else to know. Unfortunately, It seems that Sooyoung couldn't keep it to herself and had to tell Yoona of the news.

"Why not? I mean, I know you told me to not tell anyone, but it's just Yoona!" Sooyoung nervously scratched the back of her head. "You were going to tell her anyways, right?"

"Wel-"

"You weren't going to tell me at all?" Yoona butted in this time seeing how hesitant Jessica was in answering. 

"W-Well it's..." Jessica tried to find her words, but Yoona was giving her those sad puppy eyes which prevented her from thinking straight. 

"J-Just come in," Jessica sighed, pulling the door wide open for the two to come in.

"Finally! I've been waiting for you to say that," Sooyoung said, walking inside with Yoona trailing right behind.

Jessica shook her head at the sight of her friends making themselves comfortable on her living room couch. It's as if her home was their home. After shutting the door, Jessica walked into the living room and joined the other two. "Are you guys hungry? I think I have some leftover food from last night's dinner," Jessica asked.

"Well, that sounds pretty tempting, but we'll pass," Yoona said, giving Sooyoung's hand a little squeeze in hoping that it'll help console the girl from being denied food.

Jessica quirked an eyebrow. Seeing how strange it was for the two chodings to pass up on food, she decided to ask one more time. "Are you sure? ...Sooyoung?"

"I-"

"She's not hungry," Yoona interjected. 

Jessica looked at the now sulking figure expectedly. "Soo?"

"I-I'm not hungry," Sooyoung forced herself to say. Her lips curved downwards knowing that the words spilt out from was going to be the reason for her starvation.

"Okay then," Jessica said, taking a seat across from the two. "Let's get this over with, so I can go back to bed." 

"Assa!" Yoona clasps her hands together excitedly. "I have so many questions to ask you!"

Many questions... Jessica groaned a little. Yoona was such a choding. With so many questions to ask, the girl would come up with thousands and thousands. If that was the case, Jessica probably wouldn't get any sleep. 

"Seven," Jessica held up seven fingers. "You get seven questions to ask."

"What?!" Yoona whined. "Seven?! That's so little!"

"Six."

"Six?! That's worse!"

"Five."

"Okay, okay! Five!" Yoona sighed in defeat.

Jessica smiled triumphantly. She just needs to answer five questions, kick them out, then she'll finally be able to go back to bed and continue her beauty sleep.

While waiting for Yoona to think of the questions that she wanted to ask, she couldn't help but notice the dejected looking figure sitting right next to the girl. "Soo," Jessica called out, immediately getting the girl's attention. "If you want the leftovers, it's in the kitchen fridge. Just microwave it," and with that, Sooyoung sprung from the couch with a wide smile plastered across her face, and rushed towards the kitchen. 

"Aish, that shikshin," Jessica said, shaking her head. Her eyes traveled back to Yoona and found the girl counting fingers. Jessica released another sigh. The girl was probably having a hard time choosing questions. 

"If you're not going to ask me anything anytime soon, I suggest you go home and choose your questions there," Jessica said, tapping her foot impatiently against her carpet floor. She was tired; dead tired and wanted nothing in the world, but to lay under the soft fabric of her blanket and her head rested against her pillows.

"Uh, When..." Yoona began, choosing her words carefully. "When did you realize you were, you know, gay?" 

Well, Jessica was certainly not prepared for this question.

"Gay?" Jessica questioned back, eyebrows curving upwards. Yoona hesitantly nodded.

"I don't know," Jessica shrugged. 

"Yah! That's not fair. You can't just answer with an I don't know," Yoona frowned, arms crossed.

"Yeah, an I don't know doesn't count," Sooyoung chimes in, a plateful of carbonara in hand. "I can't believe you have so much left," Sooyoung said, taking a fork-full and resting her little bum next to Yoona.

"Well I see you've become more energized," Jessica commented upon seeing the happy smiles that Sooyoung would give everytime she took a bite of her carbonara noodles.

"Jessica!" Yoona whined. "Answer me!"

"Yah, shikkeureowo!" Jessica said, both palms covering her ears. "Jo yong he hae," she added, eyes forming slits.

Yoona gulped. She knew she made Jessica angry. "Sorry," she muttered.

Jessica dropped her arms to the side and watched her two best friends. One had her head down, looking as if all the life has been out from her, and the other, looked all bubbly and smilies slurping them noodles.

Jessica groaned. She just wants to sleep on her day off. 

"Highschool," Jessica spoked, earning the immediate attention of both chodings. "I think I realized when I got to highschool."

"How?" Yoona asks excitedly, resting her chin against her arms as if being told a bedtime story.

"I was crushing on a girl," Jessica answers, "That's two questions already."

"What?" Yoona jolts back in her seat. "Already?"

"Do you want me to count that as a question?" Jessica inquires.

"N-No!" Yoona shook her hands frantically in the air. 

"Okay then. Now hurry with your questions."

"Um... with who? With who did you have a crush on?"

With who? Jessica wasn't ready for this question either, but nevertheless, she still has to answer. "My bestfriend. Ex-bestfriend," she said, making sure to point out that they were no longer friends.

"Ex?" Yoona pondered. She wanted to ask further questions regarding that ex-bestfriend of hers, but seeing the uncomfortable look Jessica was giving, made her think twice. She'll ask later. 

"Um... does anyone else know that you're, um, gay?"

"Nope, just you guys. You both," Jessica said quite nonchanlantly, "Now, that's one more question left, Yoona."

Yoona nodded, noting to herself that she has only one more question she can ask before Jessica kicks her out. She knew she should ask something that will benefit her. Something important...

"Do you... do you think I'm attractive?" Yoona asks timidly.

Jessica was flabbergasted at the unexpected question. Not only her, but Sooyoung was quite surprised too. "E-Excuse me?"

"Like, since you're a girl that likes other girls..." Yoona tried explaining herself, but it didn't help when her face was all red due to the embarrassment. "Don't you ever find me attractive? At all?"

"That's... That's quite a complicated question, Yoona. Why would you want to know?" Jessica questioned back.

"I just wanted to know if I'm pretty enough. Sometimes I feel ugly," Yoona sulked. "And seeing that you like girls, I thought you would see me as guys would."

Ah... Yoona was being insecure about herself. Jessica shooked her head, before a smile graced her face. And here, she thought that Yoona might have some crush on her or something. The girl just wanted to know if she's pretty. "Silly. You're quite a beauty, Yoona. I don't understand why you wouldn't even think so."

"Really?" Yoona jumped up from her seat quite happily.

"Yah, how about me?" Sooyoung joined in, wondering if she was a beauty also.

"Oh my god! Guys, seriously?!" Jessica sighed exasperatedly, arms flailing in the air. "Just get out you two!" She spatted, ushering the two to get off her couch and out the door.

"B-But, I didn't get an answer!" Sooyoung pouted, before having the door slam shut on her.

 

***

 

"Coffee," Sooyoung placed a cup of americano onto Jessica's desk. 

"And, a lettuce and ham sandwhich for the beautiful lady," Yoona chimed, placing her homemade sandwhich next to the americano.

"Uh, what is this?" Jessica raised an eyebrow at the items on her work desk. It was her lunch break and here the two chodings were, presenting her with what seems like her now lunch. 

"We came over to your workplace to bring you lunch, like any good friend would, and to tell you some good news," Yoona said, her lips curving upwards, while Sooyoung nodded happily.

"Oh? What's the good news then?" Jessica asks, reaching over for the sandwhich and unwrapping the plastic wrap.

"So... Sooyoung and I work in one of Korea's top magazine company and we do encounter many models while working there," Yoona said, hoping that Jessica got the hint.

"So?" Jessica took a bite off her sandwhich. "As you can see, I too encounter many models while working in a fashion company."

"Yeah, but you're usually stuck in this office of yours," Sooyoung pointed out, to which Yoona nodded in acknowledgement.

Jessica rolled her eyes at the two. "What are you two getting at?"

Yoona and Sooyoung gave each other a quick glance before smiling and whipping out a picture and slamming it on the desk.

"What the..." Jessica was startled by their actions, confused on what the two were trying to do. She was going to ask, but seems like Yoona and Soo had already answered it for her.

"Meet, Kwon Yuri!" Yoona said proudly.

"She's 5'6". Hot. Model. 24. Available. And, she's totally gay!" Sooyoung jumped in excitement.

"Wha-"

"We got you a date with her! Tomorrow at 4'o clock in that favorite cafe of yours down the block." Yoona said, patting herself in the back.

"You what?!" Jessica shouted, bewildered at her newly acquired revelation. These two chodings... "For goodness' sake! If you two haven't forgotten, I still have a boyfriend!"

 

 


A/N


What's up guys!

Finally got to update this fic! Sorry that it took so long.

 


[TS] Sistar - But I Love U