☾4☽

Catching Glimpses

A Pink - So Long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR7-LBIG2_c


"I'm sleepy." Sunggyu choked out to break the silence.

 

A severe headache started to attack him and he creased his forehead in order not to show Eunji that he was in pain. His eyelids were half drooping and he knew that he did not have much time to convey his love to Eunji. He interlaced his fingers with her and guided her to his bedside were they sat close to each other. The space in between them seemed to be a lot to Sunggyu so he scooted even closer to her. 

 

"I should get some rest." Sunggyu smiled weakly. 

 

"You really should, you're so pale." Eunji placed her hand on Sunggyu's cheek and he reciprocated by facing her.

 

Seeing her with a worried expression killed Sunggyu silently. It was like a knife was lacerating through his heart and he could not figure out a way to stop the pain and the blood from oozing out. He squeezed her hand lightly and rested it on his lap. Eunji's worried expression softened and finally a smile formed on her lips.

 

"I love you, Jung Eunji." He uttered a soft whisper.

 

"I love you too." Eunji beamed at him. 

 

Eunji kissed the plane of his cheekbone before tucking him into bed. Sunggyu lied down obediently and he waited for her to place the blanket over his upper body. 

 

"Sweet dreams." Sunggyu mewled before closing his eyes.

 

Eunji was appalled since a tear drop leaked out of his left eye. She traced her finger around his cheeks and wiped it away. Afterwards, she sat beside him and patted the back of his hand and lulled him to sleep. It was a quiet night and the crickets even respected their privacy by providing silence for the couple. Time flew and Eunji found herself drifting into a deep slumber as well. She ended up being in an uncomfortable position, her head resting on top of Sunggyu's and her right leg hanging at the edge of the bed. Fortunately, this did not disrupt her sleep. 

 

The glaring sunlight woke Eunji up from her sleep. The park outside was bosky and it looked like a fine day to go out for a walk. Eunji tiptoed towards the window to check the weather before heading back towards Sunggyu's side. 

 

"Wake up sleepy head." Eunji giggled before poking Sunggyu's cheek.

 

Eunji immediately retreated her forefinger after it made contact with Sunggyu's piercing cold skin. Her hand unconsciously bolted up to cover . Sunggyu was as pale and as cold as snow. 

 

"Sunggyu!" Eunji violently shook him but there was no response. 

 

Tears flowed out of her eyes like a waterfall as she tried to get Sunggyu to be conscious again. She held his hand against her cheek and wailed his name out repeatedly. 

 

"You said you will never leave me." She sobbed. 

 

Just before she could bury her face into his chest, her side vision caught a glimpse of the envelope left on the table. She reached out for it, quivering. She cradled the envelope and continued to weep. It dawned on her that Sunggyu hid it from her so that he would be able to see her smile before departing. 

 

"There is a meaning behind every goodbye — until we meet again, my love." She read the note written on the cover. 

 

Eunji ran her fingers across the envelope, feeling the dents where he had pressed the pen to the paper. She knew that he was struggling to write as he pressed the pen too hard that it had nearly broken through. After caressing the envelope, she turned it around to look at the other side. 

 

There was another sentence written on it, he used a font big enough for her to see.

 

"Don't be afraid to love again, I will always support you in whatever decision that you make. I love you." She read it in a hushed tone, mouthing each and every word carefully.