Seriously, Who's this Kyuhyun Guy?

Of Memories, Love and Reality

 

I reach my home at 2 pm. It can be considered as early, but i lost my mood for doing anything after being pissed- off by kyuhyun and pissing kim heechul off.

I entered my room. It was pink; yeah i just love pink too much. Changing my uniform carelessly and shoot it to the laundry bag. I decided to took some bubble-bath in my pink (yeah, pink. Again) lovely bathroom. When someone knocked my bathroom door. I grabbed the intercom beside the bathtub, and talk to the outside.

“Oh, please, have heard about the word intercom?”

“Oh, sorry noona. I’m forget” hmm, that’s jinki, my brother.

“Oh you are THE LEE JINKI who won the IT Olympiad but forget the function of intercom? Unbelievable.”

“Whatever, noona. There’s someone who’d like to meet you. Better you quicken your bath time. He seems temperamental, and I never seen him before. Anywhere” he? Who’s he? Then I heard sound of giggle. Annoying one.

“and he’s hot, unnie” It’s taemin. Is they glued or what? Being twins doesn’t mean you have to be together everywhere. Except the Siamese one.  

“I get it. Now, please leave my room before I finished my bath”

After the bath, my mood slightly rising up. I get change into a pink tee and white cargo pants. Suddenly I remembered that someone is waiting for me.  I go to the living room. And gasp when I find who he is. Cho kyuhyun.

“Have you remember me, min?” I turned back to my bed room. He pulls my arm, again. Oh that gives me déjà vu.

“Don’t go, please. You’re really had to remember me” wow. This young majesty said ‘please’? Unbelievable.

“JINKIII..TAEMIN..COME HERE” I shouted as loud as I can.

Sunny, our maid, suddenly tell me “miss, use an intercom, please.” She handed me one. I can feel my cheeks blush in shame. Oh my, this kyuhyun guy really makes me losing my mind.

Jinki and taemin come to the living room. Jinki, throw me a mocking gaze and said “whoa, this is really noona who gave me lecture about the intercom? I don’t think so, since she didn’t use that”

I rolled my eyes “whatever, you dork. Listen, have you both ever seen this man before?” I pointed my fingers at kyuhyun.

“dunno, unnie. Why don’t you ask him?” oh, bright idea, taeminnie. But I won’t bother myself to.

“Oh, I think I’ve seen him somewhere..” good job jinki, I know your brain is really useful now.

“Where?” I say, curiously.

“Business journal, 2 weeks ago, page 13. ‘the heir of Cho tech inc. is back to Korea” damn. I’m hoping too much to this kid.

“Not that, babo. But who he is. In my past. He said something about my past”

“Don’t ask them, they don’t know anything. They were not yet 1 when I leave you. Ask your parents” he said, suddenly.

“Yeah, can you see where the hell my parents is? Huh?” I said, sarcastically.

“Well it’s your problem. Ask them. Anyway, where’s your ring?”

Taemin and jinki’s eyes got bigger. “noona!” “unnie!” they said in unison. “what ring? Are this guy is your hubby-to-be or what?” oh my, so noisy.

“Listen, I don’t even know him. okay? How come you conclude that he is my hubby-to-be? Are you losing your logic, huh? Olympiad winners?” I said as I tried to hide my blushing cheeks.

“You’re blushing” ugh, so what kyuhyun? Get lost!

“Do you have any more business, mr cho? If not, please get lost”

“Well, I guess you’ve grown up to be a sarcastic little brat. Lemme teach you some manners”

“Just. Get. Out” my mood keep going down, down, down to the earth

“I give you 3 days, min 3 days to remember me and our past.  Or else.. I’ll tell you everything in a different way, min. I’m sure you’ll hate it” I heard her voice sound so serious. Okay, I thought it’s wiser if I just do what he said. My instinct feels something likedon’t-mess-with-him-or-you’ll-taste-the-hell feeling

 After that kyuhyun gone, I tried to find my teddy bear necklace in my jewelry box. I get it. I try to remember everything about this necklace but find nothing. Well, I guess I’ll ask about this to my mother later if she already home.

I hear someone knock my door. Ugh, please, don’t tell me now kim heechul visit me. I don’t want to have any business again with her. “Who’s there?”

“Me, unnie. Can you get me in?” oh, taeminnie.

“Well, the door isn’t locked” she open the door. And invade my bedroom.

“unnie, didn’t you think this room is too monochrome?” huh? I just raise my eyebrow

“MYOB, taeminnie. If you come here just to give your insignificant comment about my room, get lost. I’m in my bad mood now”

“Because you lost your ring?” I throw her a dreadful graze

“I’m not losing it! Here, take it if you want” I gave her my ring

Her eyes got bigger when she admiring my ring “whoa, it’s really beautiful, unnie. Is this given by that guy? Oh he must be really love you” she said in amazement

I keep silence. I grab my teddy bear necklace, stare to it blankly

“Mind to share your probs, unnie? You can share it with me” she says, sincerely.

“Whatever. Let’s find a spot to share, okay? But just don’t drag jinki along. He is a mood destroyer”

“Well I won’t. He has a schedule to his singing practice”

I grab my car key. Then drag taeminnie along.

“Wait unnie. Are you sure you’ll go out with that outfit?” I just grab a pink sweater so she wouldn’t talk any longer

“You’re so care less, unnie” she murmurs. I stare at her appearance. Well, fashionable taeminnie, as always

I start my car’s engine, as taeminnie started to nags.

“drive safe, unnie. Or you want me to drive?” she offer

“no thanks taeminnie, you are the worst driver in the world, and you’re only 15”

“You’re talking about yourself, eh? You haven’t got your driving license too”

“Whatever, taem. Just shut up if you want me to drive safe. You know what my mood can do with my driving skill, don’t you?” success! She sealed .

I turn my iPod on.  And begin to sing in a whisper.

“I think your voice is beautiful unnie, your body is flexible too. I think you’re the most talented in our family. If you trying to be a singer like jinki oppa or dancer like me, I’m pretty sure you’ll be success”

“Stop kissing my , taeminnie. I won’t buy it. I just wanna be me. MYOB, kay? Nah, we’re here” we arrived on a cozy café that served many sweet dishes

You have no idea about who I meet in the coffee shop. My Parents. What the hell is they doing here? I see my mom blushing and smiling like crazy towards what my dad’s seduce. I’m gasps in surprise. Then walk towards them. My parent seems drowning in their own world that not even notices me and taem are right in front of them.

“Umma! Appa! What are you doing here?” they turn their head, then greet us.

“Hello sweetie, pumpkin, where’s kitty?” oh mom, please speak something common and we're able to understand.

“What are you doing here? Didn’t you have something more important than this?” my mom chuckles, then she shake her head.

“We took a day off, baby. Just for us two” then stare at my dad lovingly. Eewh, they’re not even a teenager for god’s sake

“Umma’s right, don’t disturb us please, we’ll be home early. Anyway, how’s your first day in school, honey?” blah, I know my dad just ask me a question that don’t need an answer.

I drag taeminnie along, leaving my parents. Then find a cozy spot.

“Spill it out, unnie”

“just promise me you won’t tell that witty Jinki okay?” she nods her head. I tell her everything. Includes that kim heechul accident.

Her eyes get bigger when I finished my story. And she left open like child with down syndrome.

“taem, please, you look awfully beautiful if you keep your pose like that” I warn her

She fixed her pose, then says with full-excitement “whoa unnie, you’re daebak! I bet you’ll be the next it-girl in Rousseau High!”

I raise my eyebrow. Where is her logic go? “taem, in case you miss this thing, kim heechul just ditched me. How come I’ll be the next it girl?”

She giggling, how annoying. “unnie, you must be forget that your lil’ sister is a genius. Of course I didn’t miss that detail, unnie. What I mean is, you’ll be the next it girl, not the next queen b. you’ll be famous as the queen bee’s rival. Got it?” she says in a bossy-tone

“yeah, but can you solve the kyuhyun problem? I feel like I’m being threatened by him, you know”

She shrug her shoulder “dunno, seems like ask umma is the best solution” after she said that, we both keep in silence. Awkward silence.

“unnie, i think I know who kyuhyun is. But please don’t mad at me” taemin says, nervously

I tilt my head “huh? Don’t be so formal taeminnie. Just spill it. I won’t mad at you”

“I think I’ve seen the picture of you and kyuhyun in umma’s bedroom. You’re only 3 or 4, if I’m not mistaken”

If she just wants to say that, why is she so nervous? “spill it out, taem. You’re hiding something, no?”

“I asked umma about who is he, but umma seems unpleased, she said that he was your friend. But then she didn’t explained it. And she warn me to not ask such a question like that” she explains

Something’s fishy here… seems like I need a smart strategy to make my mother explain who kyuhyun is. Or just make her slip her words, then I can investigate her. Ha-ha

 

We decide to spend some time for shopping and watch a movie in the mall. Since my parents acknowledge that we’re gone for some fun.

 

We spent almost 3 hours in the mall. And I’m already tired. But this witty little taemin keep dragging me to accompany her playing dance dance revolution.

“Please unnie, it’s more fun if we do it together! Since we can compare our dance skill” uh, like I have any other choice. I follow taeminnie to the machine.

“nah, unnie, you can choose the music. Maybe it can release your stress” she wink

I choose ‘sorry-sorry’ by super junior. It’s my favorite song to release the stress, and I love the choreography.

The game ends with my victory, I smirk at taemin, who still can’t believe that she just lose to an amateur like me.

“unnie, tell me, why are you so great? I told you, you should be a dancer!”

“Don’t be exaggerated, just a beginner’s luck. Let’s go home. It’s getting late”

 She just shrugs her shoulder, and follows me to the car park. Then, we’re heading home.

We arrive at 10PM. I let taemin parking my car (uh, I’m not that sure, but she forces me) I enter the living room and gasp when I find something…not appropriate. I find my parents making out in the living room. I relief taemin is not coming yet, she can’t see this!

“eewh, you two, get a room please. Taemin will be coming in any minutes”

They seem shocked of my sudden arrival. Maybe they didn’t predict that they’ll scold-red-handed by their daughter.  Taemin join us after a while. She seems so happy. (I just hope my car didn’t crushed anything)

“Uh, pumpkin you’re too much temperamental lately, you should find yourself a lover” umma says, as she try to hide her blushing cheeks.

Suddenly taemin replying “She already have one, umma! Mmmmmph!” I cut her words and give her an eye-signal. But it’s too late. Umma realize what taem just said

“you already have?! Why don’t you tell me?!” she says in enthusiastically

I roll my eyes “it’s a lie. She’s delusional” then I leave them and go to my room

 

I feel so exhausted. I take a bath then lying in my bed. I’m sleepy but my eyes won’t close. Frustrated, I recall all the drama today. Ugh yeah, too much drama. I also curious (even though I won’t admit it, I’m pretty much curious about who kyuhyun is) my heart tell me to remember him immediately (but it’s pure from my heart, not because his threat) I fished the teddy bear necklace and observe it carefully. Then I find that the necklace have a little clip. Hmm maybe it can be opened. I press the clip, and the pendant split into two. There’s a name graved on its surface. Min. it’s my former nickname. So it’s mine. But something’s weird here. Why my name does my name engraved involutedly?  I flip the pendant upside down. And amuse at the fact that there is an ambigram. When I flip it upside down, the name turns into…kyu. So it’s right that he owns the same necklace with me, huh?  Damn I have to ask my mom immediately! I just want to clarify all these. I’m getting sick of it. And also, I don’t want to have any business with social snobs like him