Lee Sungmin the invisible

Of Memories, Love and Reality

 

Sungmin’s POV

I stare at the huge building in front of me. Rousseau International High. Today, I registered as freshmen in this glamorous school. Glamorous? Well, I can’t think anything else except it when it comes to Rousseau International School. Well, only two types that will survive in this school. First,  rich dudes. Second, smarty pant ones or the talented ones (oh, of course that smarty pants should be rich enough to afford the school fee)

My family? Well, my family can’t be considered as the one of the wealthiest, but it is said that my family  has an important role in Korea. Because my mother, Lee hyukjae is the queen’s nephew and the first woman who get the title queen of the court. Yeah, my mother is a lawyer who never loses at any cases. And my father, Lee donghae, is known as the smartest negotiator in Korea. Yes, he works for the government. He is the minister of International Relation of Korea. I also have 2 twin siblings. Lee jinki and Lee taemin. Both are known as multitalented stars that also succeed in their academic world. And me? Well, this is me, the plain little sungmin. I’m just one of those girls who are self-centered and only care about themselves –read: my face, I know that I’m undeniably beautiful, the whole nation admits it–, and a little friend –in this case, my make up kit-. Because I’m not really into socializing. It’s not weird if someone doesn’t know my name, they just acknowledge me as  ‘Lee’s first daughter, undeniably beautiful’. Seems like I’m the only black spot in my family, no? Because I feel so. Well, enough telling about my family, I’m getting sick of it.

Back to Rousseau International High, I enter the auditorium. The auditorium is…a bit too much to be a school’s auditorium. I bet you have never seen an auditorium like this one, well, just imagine a 5star hotel’s ballroom. The classic one. My eyes roam at the whole room. I find some faces I know. There, in the second row. Kim ryeowook and her lovey-dovey kim jongwoon. Their love story has already been spread all over the nation. Who doesn’t want to know about the ‘royal’ family Kim? Kim ryeowook’s family is famous for their business in property. 85% 5star-hotel in Korea is under the Kim’s Corporation. And also, the controversial Kim heechul, ryeowook’s only sister. She is known as queen- (not queen bee) let’s say.. party is her everything. She also makes another scandal, yeah, she is in a relationship with the heir of China’s #1 mafia, Han geng.

The first row is filled by the smarty-pants. I spot my old best friend, kim kibum. Old? Yeah old best friend. Before she was too obsessed with physics Olympiad. Her eyes meet mine. I throw a smile to her.

Our principal, Park myeongsu, looks like a boring person. Well, his speech reflects all his boringness. Blah. I am really getting bored here. I have expected some surprise in this opening ceremony which, never happens. I am sure that this school is just the same like the past bourgeois school that I spent my time, and my money, in. I’ve been sitting boringly for almost 2 hours. Oh, give me one more hour and I’m sure I’ll be dead due to boredom. Finally, the ceremony has come to its end. I sigh in relief.

I walk through the corridor, calmly. I don’t even bother to find myself some friends. Call me careless, because I am, and I don’t care. Someone suddenly taps my shoulder.

“sungmin-sshi!” he says to me. He knows my name? I thought I’m invisible.

“Huh?”  I turn my head, I find someone that I never knew before. Even in the soiree. I mostly know people’s faces from the soiree that my mom forced me to attend.

“Remember me?”  he says confidently.

I just roll my eyes. Lame trick, it must be the desperate-dude-who-is-dying-because-of-my-beauty-but-he-doesn’t-brave-enough-to-ask-my-name (or phone number)-properly.

 

“sorry, busy” then I leave him alone. But then, he pulls my arm. Oh my, so he does have some guts now, huh? But I’m kinda pissed off by this desperadus.

“lemme go, desperadus” I shrug my arms to loosen up his hold. But I can’t. , he is strong.

“The desperadus has a name, min” he says with a lil’ bit hurt shown on his face. Oh he even calls me min! how dare is he? I used to be called ‘min’ but now I hate it when people called me that.

“Well, I don’t bother myself to ask you your name. Can. You. Let. Me. Go. Now?” I’m really pissed now.

“Ever know the word ‘please’, princess?” he said to me with a mocking voice. So now he mocks me huh?  My Current mood meter shows: -1000 which obviously means, don’t mess with me.

My mouth is being half open when he seals it with a kiss –that earns a protest from me. HOW DARE HE DOES IT? IT’S REALLY HUMILIATING. IT’S MY FIRST KISS FOR GAWD’S SAKE!  Then calmly says “shut. Up. Will. You?” then he shows me something.

A Necklace. Oh god now what? He shows off his wealth with that? Well it’s not gonna work, I tell you.

“Remember this, min?” a silver teddy bear-shaped necklace. Made of platinum, of course. my eyes get bigger (no, not because I’m materialistic, because I’m not) I remember that I have a same kind of necklace too!! And the necklace he holds really resembles my necklace, I can even consider it as a same necklace. Where did he get it? I blink my eyes. My senses come back to me. Tiffany&C.O, sungmin, there’s so many necklaces with a same shape. Not only yours, babo. “no. so please, let me go. Now” I say please in a mocking way, of course.

“ck. Your pride, min. Still as high as it was in the past.” he chuckled. Then he put something on my finger. A ring. A blue sapphire ring that seems extremely expensive. So now he tried to seduce me with his wealth, huh? Sorry, I won’t buy it. Even if he build me a castle in the heaven. “You’ve got to wear it everywhere. You’re mine. And in case you forgot, I’m Cho Kyuhyun, Your Fiancée, and a part of your past. You really love me in the past “. Then he leave me in confuse. Ugh, this guy’s really annoying. Who the hell is him??

After getting pissed off by the-annoying-guy-named-Cho-Kyuhyun-who-claimed-as-my-fiancée- I decide to wait until the driver picked me up at student lounge (yes, this school have a cozy lounge, the only things lack is, privacy) I opened my laptop and start browsing about anything. Usually ticket for concert or ballet recitals. Someone taps my shoulder. Oh, please don’t say that is kyuhyun-guy again. But it feels different, I mean, yeah the aura’s different. Suddenly I feel threatened. When I turn my head, I really never expect this.

Kim heechul. “Hello, dear, Lee sungmin, right?” she says sweetly. Dreadful sweetly. I get goose bumps suddenly. I try to calm myself down.

“Yes. Sorry, do I have a business with you?” I says (try to sound) calmly.

“ya’ think? Of course I have, honey” she give me her trade mark smirk, which remain me of someone.

“I found you chit-chatting with my kyu just now..” I raise my eyebrow. Yeah I chatted with kyu, so what?

“yes, what the matter? Queen B?” I challenge her

“Well-well-well I never think that you are an it- girl material. Since you’ve got that kyuhyun attention already..” oh my. Why the hell she keeps hanging her words? Trying to be mysterious? Sorry, I’m not interesting. Better I keep my mouth in silence, not means that I’m intimidated, but really, it’ll be a waste to keep her in your attention.

“Care to share my crown, baby? Because ryeowook is too innocence to be a queen bee. And it’s not wise to destroy her image as national daddy-girl” I can’t believe this. She is proud with her title as Queen B? she must be crazy. Oh well, she is. And talk about wise? Who the hell is she? Mahatma ghandi??

“I’m sorry miss queen bee(---eetch) I don’t want to ruin my image. And.. I don’t give a damn with queen b. whatever that B stands for. As for you, it’s , I’m sure” hmm I know that I’m just declared a war with the queen bee itself.  WELL I DON’T CARE.

Oh! Look at her face! Seems like she is really pissed off! Heehee I’m just too good to be true >:)

“Are you talking about ruining your image baby? You’ll end up keeping nothing! Because you don’t have an image before!!” she says, emotionally.

“Whatever dahlin’, as long as I’m not end up with the title queen ” I says carelessly. Seems like she is pissed more and more.

“Suit yourself, baby. Well, I’m not losing anything if you didn’t want to be a queen b. I just wanna warn you, stay away from my kyu, Cho kyuhyun. He’s mine, and i don’t like to share who’s mine. Get it?” oh? Am I being threatened?  I don’t think so

“Greedy much, kim heechul? You have hangeng aren’t you?” I just want to know how her brain works (if she have one, I’m doubt that she bought too much Prada until she forget to buy herself a new pair of brain. Or upgrade it, at least)

She smirks again. Tsch “everybody needs slave, baby. Cho kyuhyun is my slave material. Oh please, who doesn’t want to get the heir of #1 business man in Korea?” I’m amazed. Wow, the person as wealthy as her, still wants more? I guess it is. Yes, greedy much.

“Whatever heechul. But please, can you change your ‘everybody’ with ‘every ’? it suit the sentences best” I says that as I leave the student lounge.

“ya, kim heechul” I call her while walk out the school.

“What the hell, Lee sungmin?” she shout at me. Seems like she really pissed off

“It’s bitter to be rejected, no?” I’m sure that she still be able to hear my voice. She open , ready to curse, I guess. I close my car’s door

I don’t need to hear her answer

 

 

 

tbc

 

 

 

Comments are loved :D the more comments, faster I update :D so tell me, is this interesting?