Prologue

The Mask Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Prologue.

 

Luhan ran down the dark alley along with two big men chasing after him. It has been like three hours since they were running around the whole city of Seoul and none of them seems to be slowing down their tracks from running. Luhan was starting to get tired but he was not going to give up. He had tried to run away from home a very long time ago but failed because of the two big men that was hired by his father to guard him around. Now that he had his chance to run away, he's not going to let his chance waste up just in a blink of an eye. 

 

His hard breathing could be heard clearly, the strong wind accompanying him running out of the dark alley and into the empty road. The two men were still shouting his name and chasing after him at the back. He turned his head around to take a short look at them, he saw them getting out of energy making him smirked knowing that he was winning. All he had to do was run even faster so the distance between them would increased more and then he would find a place to hide. When they couldn't find him anywhere and decided to search other places, that's when he would jump in victory. 

 

Luhan turned back to the front, focusing straight to his next destination but suddenly stopped to see the road was split into two and a sign infront of him. Both of the way were headed to two small neigbourhood. Luhan give in a big thought of which way he should go, but he was disturbed when the voices of the men suddenly went louder. Without thinking longer he quickly took the way on his right and ran only in a straight line. He kept running, not stopping for even a second nor even giving a short glance at his surroundings.

 

At the end there was another split road, both headed to a white and red old looking apartment. He didn't know which one leads to another long road or the dead end. So, he took the right side again to the all red old looking apartments but disapointment was covered on his face when the road ended with a dead end. He cursed under his breath, ruffling his blonde hair harshly as he looked around the apartment. His eyes turned wide when he turned to his left only to see a girl wearing a white mask with lips parted walking out from one of the apartment's door. Her height was just an inch shorter then his. The girl just stood in front of the door facing towards him, not even moving an inch.  Both of them were staring at each other with the howling air passing through them. It was like the time had stopped for a moment with only their normal beating hearts as the background music.

 

Luhan snapped out when he heard the loud sound getting even closer, he didn't know how those men could still catch up to him. He bit his lower lips thinking as he looked at the shadow of the men on the ground, they were taking step closer and their voice calling for his name echoed. He turned back to look at the girl with the white mask, she was still standing there like a statue and not doing a single move. He saw the green dumpster next to her, without thinking longer he grabbed the unknown girl's hand and pulled her with him, hiding behind the dumpster. The unknown girl didn't avoid from his touches but just followed him, when he bend his back a bit she did as well. The voices were getting louder and louder. Luhan's grip on the girl's hand became even tighter then before, yet she didn't complain. When the sound of the footsteps suddenly stop, Luhan slowly peeked out only to face with the men back. They were both ruffling their hair in frustration while cursing under their breath. One of the man pointed to another empty road and ordered the other one to follow him to the said place, both of them left the place. When the sound vanished, Luhan took that as a sign that they were gone.

 

He sighed, laying his back on the dumpster as he sat on the ground with his legs spread. He had his eyes closed but opened again when he felt something soft moving in his hand. He looked down at his hand and saw that he was holding someone else hand. His eyes wide open with his lips in a small gape. Slowly tilting his head to see the owner of the soft hand, but accidentally met eyes with the mask girl. Both looking deep into each others eyes. He barely couldn't see her whole face since it was covered by the mask, but only here eyes were visible.  He didn't let go of her hand instead he was in deep thought of how soft was her hand and how beautiful her small eyes sparkled under the moonlight. He didn't have a single clue what was the girl thinking about right now.

 

"Didn't anyone told you that it's not polite to stare at someone?"  Her soft voice shocked him, instantly he let go of her hand and look away embarrassed with the situation right now.

"Sorry." He appologize, looking at the ground with his hand rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

"A brat running away from home or a thief?" She sighed before asking the question. He looked up to look at her with a frown a bit taken aback by the first option.

"A runaway teenage boy sounds better then a brat, don't you think so?" She shrugged, not showing any expression towards him.

"So..." She crossed her arms as she lied her back on the walls of the big apartment behind her. "Do you wanna share?" She asked casually.

Luhan scoffed, "Don't you think it's impolite to just suddenly ask about someone else personal problems?" He snapped back at her, yet she showed no feeling.

"I was just offering. You didn't need to share it with me, if you don't want to." She said half-heartedly.

There's somehow a part of Luhan, who wanted to share it with her but there's also a part of him saying that he doesn't trust.

"Give me one logical answer to why should I trust you? Who knows you might spread news about what i'm gonna tell you, right?" The girl just shrugged and straightened her back to look at him closely. Luhan didn't even move back by her close movement.

"Someone once told me that sharing secrets with a stranger is much better because once you told them, they'll just listen and leave like nothing happened. Plus, I don't even know who you are." Her last sentences somehow shocked him.

"You don't know who I am?" He asked with curiosity filled in him, and she shooked her head. "How about the Xi Company or even Xi Han-bi?" 

She shooked her head again, "Nope! Never heard those type of names before in my whole life."

How strange... He thought with an amazed look appeared on his face.

Luhan look up , watching the mysterious mask girl stood up and dusted off the dust from her clothes. She glanced at him, "If you don't wanna share then I'll just take my leave now. I have other important stuffs to do then hanging around with you. It was nice meeting you stranger." She waved at him and was about to walk away. "Wait!" He tucked his hand at the hem of her sleeve, she turned around and asked him coldly. "What?"

He let go of her sleeve and rubbed the back of his neck with his head look down at the ground, "Urmm... I do have something to share with you." He said softly, almost like a whisper. The girl blink at him blankly but sat back on the ground anyways. "Then, go ahead!" 

 

Luhan took in a deep breath and exhale it before he start to tell the whole story. In the progress of telling the story, the mysterious mask girl did nothing but listen to him carefully and nod at times to inform him that she was listening. He told her everything from the start till the end of how/why did he ran away from home. It turns out that Luhan ran away because his father wanted him to study overseas but he refused to go. He didn't want to leave Seoul, also that he was force to study business there and he wasn't interested at all. He said that his real passion is in music and not business stuff. He did tried to run away a few times before but failed because of the men that his father had hired to guard him would kept on chasing after him. But, luckily he was fast enough to get rid of the guards away. That's how/why he ran away from home.

 

"I get it now." The girl muttered under her breathe as Luhan had his head hang low, embarassed that she might think he was some brat after telling her everything.

"I guess I would do the same thing, if I was you." Luhan looked up with his eyes blink at her, trying to progress every single word she just said in his mind. Without him realizing it, the corner of his lip slowly moved upwards. 

Suddenly, her watch made a sound. She brought her left arm near her face and saw where the arm of the watch was pointing to. She then stood up dusting off the dust on her clothes again like before and fixed her curled black hair with her soft milky hands. Luhan watched her every movement and slowly stood up. She look back at him after fixing herself.

"Well, it was nice meeting you stranger but like I said before, I have other important stuffs to do as well. Oh, and before I forgot. If you wanna run away go ahead, just let me remind you that this world is dangerous so be careful. There's a small hotel that doesn't cost much for you to stay, it's just behind the building over there. But, if you want to rent a room then you can walk around th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter