Courage

Scandal

Yookyung is walking around in her room. She knows she has to sleep but she can't.

 

She is thinking about the certain girl.

 

 

* Sigh *

 

 

" I think I am going to die."

 

She whispers and sighs again for the nth time. She knows something is wrong with her. And she also knows that it is about Kang Jiyoung.

 

" I have to talk to someone."

 

She said while she is checking the clock. It is already 1:00am.

 

" If not, I can't sleep for sure."

 

She thinks and she decides to talk. She knocks on the door in front of her room. And she opens the door and enters into it.

 

" Hayoung-na?? "

 

She calls the youngest member. She walks to the bed and saw that Hayoung is already in her dreamland.

 

" Hayoung?? "

 

She calls but she only receives a snore as a reply.

 

" Huh?? She is not helping. Where we can use the love expert in our house??? "

 

She whispers and slaps on Hayoung's hard. Then she shakes her head and leaves the room.

 

" I wonder when she will close while she is sleeping."

 

She is now standing in the middle of the two rooms of Eunji and Bomi. And she is deciding which room she should go in.

 

" Bomi unnie has no love but Eunji unnie loves the black witch so much. So I think Eunji unnie can listen to me. "

 

She said and she decides to go into Eunji's room. She enters the room and sits beside Eunji who is lying side on her bed.

 

" Eunji unnie, are you sleeping?? "

 

" Hmmm?? No."

 

Eunji murmurs and Yookyung is happy. She finds someone to talk.

 

" Unnie, I have something to say."

 

" Immmmm."

 

" I think I should confess Jiyoung. Ah, I know it is too early but I can't stay a day without her. So…………………… unnie, what do you think?? Should I confess to her??? "

 

" Naeun~~~ Naeunie~~~ My Naeun~~~ "

 

" Yes?? "

 

Yookyung is taken a back by Eunji. She looks carefully at Eunji and she finds that Eunji is sleeping.

 

" Ummm?? Sleep talking?? "

 

Yookyung asks herself and tries to call Eunji.

 

" Unnie?? Eunji unnie?? "

 

" Naeun. Yeppo Naeun~~~ "

 

" Oh, gosh!! "

 

Yookyung murmurs and she shakes her head.

 

" How can a witch enter into her dream?? "

 

She said in disbelief and walks out from the room. She then stands in front of Bomi's room.

 

" Aish~~ I've no choice left. But what if this heartless unnie doesn't understand my feelings??? "

 

She is talking to herself but she decides to enter the room finally.

 

* Knock Knock Knock *

 

She then slowly opens the door and saw that Bomi is still at the table.

 

" Unnie, don't you sleep yet?? "

 

Bomi puts down the pencil she is holding and she smiles at Yookyung.

 

" Awww. Yookyung-na. Come in. Come in. What are you doing here??? "

 

" I can't sleep and I am looking for a partner to talk."

 

Yookyung said while she is sitting on Bomi's bed. Then she looks at on the table and asks.

 

" Are you writing diary?? "

 

" Yes."

 

" Awww. Unnie. I have something to say."

 

" Imm hmm?? "

 

" What do you think about Jiyoung?? I mean what would you say if I say I want to date her??? "

 

" You want to date her?? "

 

Bomi asks with a smile and Yookyung's face red all of a sudden.

 

" Unnie, why are you asking me this question?? "

 

" Wae??? Blushing??? Aha ha ha ha. Are you blushing?? "

 

" Shut up~~ "

 

Yookyung said while she is avoiding Bomi's stare. Bomi inhales and she said.

 

" I understand your feeling. Although you can see her everyday, you feel like she is so near but so far. "

 

Bomi starts and Yookyung looks at her in surprise.

 

" And you are also looking for some time that you can meet her. Although you can call her, you are afraid that she will notice your feelings and so you end up with staring at your phone screen and wait for her call."

 

Bomi turns to Yookyung and Yookyung looks into her eyes. And she feels like she saw something in these eyes.

 

" You think although you can have many times, everyday is not enough for you. You want to meet her again and again. You want to protect her. You want to hold her. You want to be next to her. And you want to say that she is yours."

 

Yookyung can't believe her ears. Is this really Yoon Bomi she knows??? 

 

" You diary may be filled with about her. You think that time flies by fast when you are together with her. You think that your world is complete when you see her smile."

 

" Unnie~~ "

 

" Am I right??? "

 

Bomi asks and Yookyung gives her two thumbs up.

 

" Unnie, you really are the best. I think Hayoung is a love expert but you are better than that stupid proud girl. You are a pro at love."

 

" Yes. But it is a secret so don't tell other members about it."

 

" Even Eunji unnie?? "

 

" Yes. Including her."

 

Bomi confirms and Yookyung nods.

 

" I promise unnie. I will not tell anyone. But unnie, please tell me what I should do."

 

She asks and Bomi leans back to the chair.

 

" Yookyung-na, if you think she is really the right one for you, you should confess her before the other steals her from you."

 

" So you let me to date??? "

 

" Of course. I do."

 

Bomi said and she holds onto Yookyung's hand.

 

" First Hayoung. And now, you. My kids are really growing up."

 

" Unnie~ "

 

Yookyung remembers that they grow up under Bomi's eyes. Bomi is smiling and she is caressing her hair.

 

" If this is really your happiness, I will let you to follow it."

 

" Thank you, unnie."

 

" Immmm. Ah, Yookyung-na. It is too late. You should go sleep."

 

" Oh, yes. Then, good night unnie."

 

" Good night."

 

Bomi said and Yookyung slowly walks out from her room. She closes the door behind her and whispers.

 

" I never know that she is a pro at love. I wonder she has love??? "

 

Yookyung then walks back to her room and decides to sleep. But Bomi is still at the table and she opens her diary again to finish about today.

 

She holds the pencil and starts to write down.

 

 

" While I was writing in you, diary, Yookyung came into my room. She was asking me about love and I told my feelings to her."

 

Bomi smiles and she continues to write.

 

" And she thought that I am a pro at love. But I am a coward in reality. I can't show my feelings to anyone. But I thought I can help her a little. I just told her how I am feeling. Diary, you are the only one who knows the real me. You know all my secrets. You are my best of the best friends."

 

Bomi sighs and she writes down the last sentences.

 

" Diary, please keep my secrets safely. I told you about Chorong unnie these day and you know that I have some feelings for her. I know your pages are floated with about Chorong unnie and thank you for listening to me. Good night."

 

She then puts the pencil down and closes the diary. Then she sighs and walks to her bed.

 

" This is my problem. I have no courage to admit that I love her. Wait. What did I say?? Love?? "

 

Bomi is surprised by herself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

xxx xxx xxx

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

" Yah!!! Bomi-ya!!! Yookyung-na!!! Yah!!! Where is Yookyung?? "

 

Lizzy runs into the practise room and she is shouting like a fool. Bomi stops the music and she looks at their manager with annoying eyes.

 

" What happened Lizzy unnie?? "

 

" Yah!! Hong Yookyung!! You- "

 

" Wae??? "

 

" What wae?? Huh?? What have you done??!!! "

 

" What have I done?? "

 

Yookyung asks her back and Lizzy angrily shows her phone.

 

" See that!!! "

 

She said and Eunji takes the phone from her. She then checks out what is happening.

 

" OMG!!! "

 

" Yookyung unnie!!! "

 

" Huh?? "

 

" This is no way."

 

They all are surprised and frightened when they saw Yookyung's scandal with someone.

 

" What??? Another Love Story of Une Annee??? What the hell??? "

 

" This is Im Jinah again."

 

Hayoung said and they read the content together.

 

" The keychain."

 

They said in unison and Yookyung lowers her head. She knows she is really at the wrong and she has nothing to deny.

 

" And the photos too."

 

" What should I do??? I - "

 

" Hong Yookyung, tell me the truth. Are you dating with Kang Jiyoung??? "

 

Lizzy asks and Yookyung shakes her head.

 

" No."

 

Not yet. She whispers the next sentence. Lizzy nods and she said.

 

" Good. That's what I want to hear. Now, we can deny it. I mean keychain is something we can buy anywhere and so this can be a coincidence. And about photos, it can't be a strong proof of you two are dating because your face is not clear in them."

 

Lizzy then pads her shoulder.

 

" Don't worry, Yookyung-na. I will take care of this. All you have to do is just stay in the dorm. Arasso?? "

 

" Yes."

 

Lizzy smiles at them and she walks out from the practise room as she has to inform it to their boss, Kahi. 

 

Yookyung is left lifelessly and she is now worrying for Jiyoung. Bomi walks to her and she whispers.

 

" Don't you give her a call?? "

 

" Should I?? "

 

" Yes."

 

Yookyung nods and she calls to Jiyoung. But the later doesn't answer the call. Yookyung sighs and she tries to call her again but no one answers.

 

She sighs and shakes her head. Eunji pads her back understandingly and Hayoung goes out to take some drink for them as she knows they cannot practise for a while.

 

 

 

 

 

At that night………………………

 

 

Yookyung is waiting for Jiyoung's phone the whole day but she didn't contact her. She looks at the clock and it shows 10:10pm. She sighs and she decides to call.

 

* Beep Beep Beep Beep *

 

She is thinking that Jiyoung will not answer again when she hears a voice.

 

" Hong Yookyung~ "

 

" Jiyoung-na, are you alright??? "

 

" No~~~ I am not~~~ "

 

Yookyung thinks like her world is stopped when she hears the cry from the other line.

 

" Yah~~ Kang Jiyoung~~ Are you crying??? "

 

" Hong Yookyung~~~ What should we do??? Mommy scolded me a lot and she even spanked me!!! "

 

" Yah~~ Jiyoung-na~~~ Don't cry!!! "

 

" Hong Yookyung~~ She told me that if you are continue playing with me like this, she … "

 

" Yah!! Who told you that I am playing?? "

 

Yookyung shouts and she stands up.

 

" Where are you??? "

 

" Huh?? "

 

" I am asking where are you??? "

 

" I- I am at the practise room."

 

" Good. Then I will come to you right now. Wait for me at the entrance."

 

Yookyung said and she hangs up. Then she thinks for a second and runs out from the practise room. 

 

" Kang Jiyoung is crying!! "

 

This is all she can think now. She runs as fast as she can to Jiyoung's entertainment which is not so far from theirs. She runs and runs and runs.

 

" Jiyoung-na. Wait for me. I will come to you."

 

She is talking in her head. And she reaches to the entertainment in a flash of light.

 

" Jiyoung?? "

 

She looks around but there is no Jiyoung.

 

" Jiyoung-na!! "

 

She calls a little louder hoping that she can see Jiyoung.

 

" Ji- "

 

But she is suddenly cut off by a pairs of arms which are hugging her from her back. And a warm body presses against her body from the back. And a familiar voice enters into her ear.

 

" Hong Yookyung~~ "

 

" Jiyoung-na, are you alright?? "

 

Yookyung asks and Jiyoung releases her. She turns around and looks at Jiyoung.

 

" Are you hurt??? "

 

She asks kindly and Jiyoung shakes her head. And she said.

 

" What should we do?? They put us into a scandal."

 

" Jiyoung-na, look at me."

 

Yookyung said and Jiyoung listens to her. Yookyung smiles and she bends to the other girl.

 

" You are a good girl. Hmmm. Don't cry. Arasso?? "

 

" But mommy keeps telling me that if you play with me, she will- "

 

" I am not playing you. Kang Jiyoung, listen carefully what I am going to say now. I will tell you only one time and I will not repeat."

 

Jiyoung's eyes go round and Yookyung inhales. She then says.

 

" Kang Jiyoung, it is too stupid to believe but I think I like you. No. No. I love you."

 

She said and she turns her face to the side in embarrassment. Jiyoung feels like she is floating in the sky and she doesn't feel that her feet is touching the ground anymore. She has been waiting for this and she is so happy now.

 

" Hong Yookyung~~ What did you say???? "

 

" I don't know. I have said that I will tell you once."

 

" Ahhh. Please tell again. Hmmm??? "

 

" No! "

 

Yookyung said firmly. Jiyoung pouts and she asks.

 

" Then you are not asking my answer??? "

 

" Huh?? "

 

Yookyung remembers that she has to ask her answer and so she looks at Jiyoung. Jiyoung is biting her lower lip and she is so willing to give her answer.

 

" Ummmmm, what is your answer???? "

 

" What answer?? "

 

Jiyoung pretends like she doesn't know anything and Yookyung wants to hit her head.

 

" About…… about……… Aish!! I love you and can you accept my feeling??? "

 

Yookyung said and Jiyoung pouts.

 

" What kind of confession is that??? You are not romantic."

 

She whispers and Yookyung is now sweating.

 

" Yah!! Kang Jiyoung!! Stop talking and answer me."

 

" Hmmm?? Hong Yookyung, don't you think it is stupid to confess me?? "

 

" Of course. This is the most craziest thing I have ever made in my life."

 

" So can I tell you one thing which is crazier?? "

 

" What is it?? "

 

Jiyoung smiles and she holds onto Yookyung's collar.

 

" I am in love with you, too."

 

She said and she pulls Yookyung into a kiss. Yookyung is surprised and she forgets to breathe at that moment. But Jiyoung slowly moves away from her and she pouts again.

 

" You are not fun. I am like a fool to do all the things by myself."

 

She said and she is about to step back when Yookyung suddenly pulls her and repeats the work what Jiyoung did, not long ago.

 

Jiyoung immediately weak in Yookyung's arms and she responses to the kiss. After a minute, Yookyung moves away and she looks at her new girlfriend's face.

 

" Now you can tell your mommy that I am not playing with you. I love you Kang Jiyoung."

 

" Hee hee. You said you will only say it once and now you have said 'I love you' for three times already."

 

" What!! Yah!! "

 

" Hey. Don't dare to shout me!! "

 

Jiyoung said while she is putting her index finger at Yookyung's nose. Yookyung becomes afraid of her all of a sudden and she nods.

 

" Alright. Alright."

 

" Good. From now on, you have to take care of me and listen to me. Arasso?? "

 

" Aww. Arasso."

 

" Immm. Ahh, I have to go back to the practise room. They may wait for me."

 

" Yah!! Are you really going to leave me?? "

 

" Wae??? I have my own practise."

 

" But- , your mommy spanked you, did she?? "

 

" Who said?? "

 

" Umm?? You said."

 

" Ha ha ha ha ha ha."

 

" What?? "

 

" I lied you!!! And they are the ones who gave me the idea of fooling you to confess me!!! Ha ha ha. Pabo~~~ "

 

Jiyoung said and she starts to run. Yookyung is taken a back for a few seconds and she starts to run after her.

 

" Yah!! Kang Jiyoung!! Don't run!! "

 

" Hong Yookyung!! Don't come!! Ahhhhhhhhhh."

 

They run around in the road and they are lucky enough that there is no one.

 

Yookyung is thankful to Bomi unnie as she can give some courage to her.

 

 

 

And, as a result, she can have a cute girlfriend like Jiyoung.

 

 

 

 

Life is really beautiful for her now.