Beyond Repair. - The Bonus Chapter

Beyond Repair.

Wufan decides one day to fix Junmyeon's snowglobe. He knows the chances are slim that the little skater will be alive again, but he can't give up. He'd rather see a functioning globe then a decaying one. So he starts disassembling Junmyeon again. The parts are all thrown out and even the globe is broken down for reuse. He'll build Junmyeon a whole new home even if the other never sees it.

The final product is a crystal globe that sits on a white base. There are snowflakes, each one different, painted in silver on the sides. It had taken him weeks to make because he handmade the little house and the trees to make sure everything was perfect just in case the chances were in his favor.  He's even repainted Junmyeon. Nothing too drastic but he painted over the tear tracks that were etched onto Junmyeon's otherwise flawless face. If Junmyeon was going to come alive again he was going to be like brandnew.

Wufan just wondered if Junmyeon came back alive, would he even remember him? Maybe he'd forget all the late night talks and the adoration Wufan had for him.

 

The first wind up has Wufan pressing his face to the glass to detect any lifelike movement inside. But it doesn't happen. The little figure just mechanically comes out of the little house in the trees and skates his way around the globe. Before returning inside the house again. Wufan isn't as disappointed as he imagined he'd be.

He checks everyday. He looks in and winds up the globe but nothing changes. He gets frustrated but doesn't want to lose hope that Junmyeon will return to him. But eventually Wufan stops looking. He sits Junmyeon back on the highest shelf in the living room and goes to work. He works in an office now.

 

Everything is blurry at first before a strange new room comes into focus. Junmyeon looks down and notices shattered glass and metal gears strewn all under him. There's glass in his shoes but surprisingly none poke through. He looks at his legs. They're in the pants he remembers wearing before he froze up. He's wearing the same shirt and the same scarf but the skates are different colors then before.

He looks up and almost falls back. Everything in the room is normal size, or what he assumes is normal size for a human. Then he looks down at his hands and notices they aren't as translucent as they should be. He reaches up and his hair is soft and he runs his fingers through it. It's actual human hair and not painted on or horse hair. It even smells like snow. There's white little beads all over the floor and he thinks it's the snow he's grown to love so much.

But what really gets him is the picture hanging on the other side of the room. Junmyeon takes a step forward and has to catch himself from going face first into the broken glass. He squats and it isn't hard to figure out how to slip out of the skates. He's surprised to find he's actually barefoot and that the floor under him is soft between his toes.

He isn't used to walking with such wobbly legs so its trial and error to walk around the couch and the tables. He knocks over a lamp but isn't concerned by it. He finally reaches the picture and touches it.

It's Wufan in a suit holding a snowglobe. He looks closer and finds that the globe use to be his home before the freeze up. Wufan in the picture looks so young and this must have been when Wufan first made him. Junmyeon looked at Wufan's smile and suddenly felt like throwing up. He wondered where he was, how far from Wufan? How long was he gone? Has he been replaced?

 

A door opens next to him and it startles him and he falls to the floor. He hears shoes being kicked off and a man comes around the corner. Junmyeon doens't think before standing and running to the man. He throws his arms around the man's shoulders and has to tiptoe to reach, he doesn't remember Wufan being this tall.

"Who the hell are you?" Wufan peels him off and shoves him back. He's holding his briefcase in front of him like a shield. "Why are you in my apartment?!" Wufan sounds exactly like he had when he was panicking as Junmyeon was dying. Wufan looks around him and gasps. He drops his briefcase and pushes around Junmyeon and runs into the living room.

"What did you do?" Wufan kneels next to the shattered globe on the floor and picks up a piece of the base. He frantically searches for something as Junmyeon moves next to him and kneels too. "Where is he?" Wufan asks to himself. "Where the is he?" He moves pieces of the broken house around and looks ready to cry.

"It's me." Junmyeon says. His voice is alot different than he always imagined it would be. Wufan looks up. Maybe he has a moment of realization but Wufan looks distraught. Junmyeon wonders if he looks so much different that Wufan doesn't recognize him. So he thinks it's best to reintroduce himself. "Hi, I'm Junmyeon. You use to call me Prototype. You made me." Junmyeon smiles half heartedly and waits.

Wufan is actually crying and Junmyeon wonders how often he did that after the accident. If Wufan mourned for him at all or if the other moved on, let him go finally.

Wufan doesn't say anything but brings a hand up to touch Junmyeon's face. He runs his fingers over very familiar cheekbones and over soft lips and down the slope of Junmyeon's shoulder until he touches scarf. It's identical to the one he had his mom hand sew many years ago. He'd know the stitching by heart from anywhere.

Suddenly Junmyeon is being hugged and he feels out of place. But he reciprocates and it feels like fireworks in his chest, bright lights in his head. It tingles where they touch but Junmyeon likes it. Wufan buries his face in the scarf and cries. Junmyeon just pats his back awkwardly and waits patiently for Wufan to recover.

 

When Wufan does recover from the intial shock the first thing he does is kiss Junmyeon. It makes the fireworks go wild inside Junmyeon's lungs. But he can feel heat rising to his cheeks and the feeling is just all so new. Wufan pulls away and opts to pulling them both to a standing position. Junmyeon still isn't use to the obvious height difference.

"You're really alive?" Wufan asks and sounds so hopeful. He looks like a kicked puppy about to get told they can't have their favorite toy, that it was all a lie.

"I think so." Junmyeon touches himself just to make sure. He's more stocky then he would have liked and is suddenly self-concious. What if Wufan doesn't like him like this? What if he isn't proportional or something? Or too tiny compared to Wufan? Junmyeon panics a little.

Wufan must see the panic because he puts his hand against Junmyeon's cheek. "You're so beautiful." Wufan smiles and it's even more breathtaking now that Junmyeon can touch his lips with his. So he does and they're kissing again. This time doesn't feel so rushed but Junmyeon is suddenly really too hot in his winter clothes.

"It's hot in here." Junmyeon says and fans himself, removing the scarf. Wufan sits it on the coffee table and helps Junmyeon out of his jacket. Junmyeon shouldn't be surprised that he's wearing nothing underneath afterall no one was ever suppose to see him without his clothes on. 

"Wow. I definitely don't remember making this." Wufan eyes the faint outline of abs and pecs. Junmyeon is even more self conscience now. "Don't get me wrong, you look nice." Wufan smiles.

 

Wufan doesn't make it a point to ask Junmyeon about dying or what it was like. They beat around the questions regarding Wufan killing Junmyeon, it's still fresh and too soon. But the tension coming from Wufan's side is almost pungent in the small rooms of Wufan's apartment. He smiles but Junmyeon doesn't really feel it like he used to.

"What's wrong?" Junmyeon makes it a point to ask one night. They're sitting watching television, Wufan having to explain what it is, but it's so awkward Junmyeon is nervous to even peek over at Wufan.

"Nothing." Wufan's short answer comes off a little more rude than Junmyeon imagined the other meant to.

"Something is wrong. You're being awfully short with me." Junmyeon sulks and moves closer though Wufan seems uncomfortable about it.

"It doesn't bother you to live with the person who killed you?" Wufan stands and flicks the tv off. "I killed you, Junnie. I took your precious life from the both of us. You should hate me!" Wufan yells but he doesn't sound angry just sad.

"You were trying to save me. I couldn't be mad at you for how hard you tried." Junmyeon stands to and pulls Wufan into a hug. "You didn't purposely hurt me, you'd never." Junmyeon knows for certain now that Wufan will never potentially hurt him again. Or he hopes with all his might he won't.

"Did it hurt?" Wufan asks and hugs Junmyeon closer, like the he's going to slip away again. It's disheartening to say the least.

"You don't need to know the details." Junmyeon doesn't want to relive what happened and he's pretty sure neither does Wufan. He doesn't need to know that yes, it hurt more than words can express. It still kind of hurts, the memory.

Wufan is quiet for a long time after that. But it's okay because Junmyeon's not going anywhere soon and Wufan shows no signs of leaving either. They have an eternity together. The eternity they both deserve.

"I fell in love with you, Wufan." Junmyeon digresses and presses his face in Wufan's neck. The taller smells so good, so foreign. Junmyeon wonders is all humans smell this nice. Or if it's just because he fancies Wufan.

Wufan kisses him again but slowly. Let's Junmyeon experience a real kiss, with feeling and passion. For so long they've both wanted this. For so long Junmyeon wished he could be big enough to be intimate with Wufan. Junmyeon never properly kept track of time in his globe. But it's felt like a lifetime.

Wufan pulls back. "I love you too. And I can't even tell you how happy I am." He's getting teary eyed again and so is Junmyeon.

"I'm happy too." Junmyeon says and that's that.

 

Wufan still makes snowglobes. Mostly for himself again and notfor other people. Junmyeon sits closeby and helps build the intricate little homes. Wufan has assigned him the task of designing what goes into the globe. And maybe more often than not Junmyeon puts in too much snow. But he remembers how much he use to like it. Even if the figurines never really experience it, it's the thought that counts.

"What's this one going to be?" Junmyeon asks and gestures to the half finished globe that Wufan's hunched over. All he can see are a lot of gears and little handpainted figures but can't really see them.

"Me and you." Wufan smiles and shows Junmyeon the miniature versions of them. "I figured I could make us both skate." He sounds so proud of himself, of his creations, like he does with everything he makes. Junmyeon still deeply admires that about him.

"I would love that." Junmyeon leans on Wufan and watches him put in the gears piece by piece. It seems a lot more complicated now that Junmyeon sees exactly how much work goes into making the snowglobes. He appreciates them on a new level now that he isn't trapped inside one, praying to be released.

"We'll put in plenty of trees and a cute little house and have matching couple scarfs." Wufan is all gummy smiles about the prospect of the project at hand.

"Sounds lovely." Junmyeon closes his eyes against Wufan's shoulder and listens to him work. It relaxing to hear Wufan hum while he works. Especially now that he's able to hear it up close and anything he wants.

Which is all the time.

 


so yeah, um hello. i said there'd be no sequel and i know this short, but i couldn't end it like that. it was too sad. so here it is. now it's done. my precious feels poured into a fic. enjoy and spread the krisho love!~ -alicia. [find me on tumblr.]