Five Years Later

So Long

It was another fine sunny morning With the cool but calm breeze and a peaceful community, it was enough to lighten the moods of the people in there. 

 

For others, it would be an ordinary day. School, work, school, work, but as for Heerin, it was a day she would never forget, her first day in being a trainee in Stardom entertainment, alongside with her childhood friend, Minkyung. 

 

"Everything set Minkyung?" Heerin yelled from the car as Minkyung closes the door behind her before marching towards the car. Heerin threw the key to Minkyung. "Ne, let's go~" Minkyung sang, opening the door for the driver's seat.

 

"And now! A-Pink will sing one of the songs in their new album!" Shindong announced from the radio. "Please give a little description about this song."

"The song's title is So Long," Chorong, the leader, began. "It's a song about a girl who reminisces her moments with her childhood friend which she later realizes that she's in love with."

"Wahh, interesting!" Shindong commented. "Please listen to A-Pink's So Long!" he said and after that, the song finally began with a pleasant melody of piano playing as the intro. "Gieongnani geuttae," Naeun began with the first verse. "Jakgo eoryeoseotdon, neowa na, do you remember?"

"Hangsang hamkkeyeotji, uril saemnaedon manheun chinggudeul, do you remember?"

 

"Minkyung-ah," Heerin called. "The song's nice, don't you think?"

"Of course unnie!" Minkyung couldn't agree more. "It's A-Pink!"

"You heard this song before?"

"Yep, it was released last week. A-Pink made their comeback last week." Heerin just nodded in acknowledgement.

 

After a few minutes, they finally reached Stardom's company building. Being a child that she is again, Heerin got out of the car excitedly. "Yah yah yah! Slow down unnie!" Minkyung scolded. Ever since the accident, she doubled her cautiousness on the older one, not even a scratch she sould get. "Wait the hell up!"
"Ne eomma!" Heerin joked and turned around and stuck her tongue at her friend then brought her attention to Stardom. "So this is Stardom..." she gaped at the large building in front of her.

 

Minkyung gathered all their belongings and walked on, walking past Heerin. "What? Are you just gonna stand there and do staring contest with the building?" Minkyung questioned sarcastically. Heerin just stood there, pretending she didn't hear Minkyung, wanting to annoy the younger one. Minkyung approached Heerin and dragged her inside. "Yah, I'm in no mood for your childishness unnie." she muttered. "Goodness, I can't believe I'm younger than you."

 

They entered the lobby. There was a reception table that welcomes everyone who enters. They marched their way towards the reception table. "Um, annyeonghaseyo!" Heerin greeted the girl by the reception table. The recepcionist perked her head to Heerin. "Eo, annyeonghaseyo! How can I help you?"

"We're new trainees, where can we find the CEO's office?" Minkyung asked, smiling politely.

"Ohh! It's on the second floor third door to the left. I'll tell president-nim." The receptionist replied.

"Ah gomawoyo!" The two bowed and walked to the stairs.

 

Along the way, two boys were walking their way down the stairs. "I'll tell Xero what you have done!" Hansol teased B-Joo.

"Yah! It wasn't my fault!" B-Joo defended. Hansol stuck out his tongue at B-Joo and ran down.

"Yah! Kim Hansol!" B-Joo yelled and chased after Hansol.

 

Hansol wasn't looking where he was going so he accidently bumped onto Heerin. Because of the impact, she lost her balance. Luckily, Hansol was able to catch her before she can totally fall from the stairs. He grabbed her by the waist to prevent her from falling, bringing her close to his body. She linked her arms around Hansol's neck, call it reflex.

 

Minkyung has her eyes wide. Heerin almost fell from the stairs. She swore her heart forgot to beat in a second. Well, that's the first reason. The second reason was she could not believe who is in front of her right now. Perfectly-round black orbs, curvy lips. If she wasn't wrong, she would think it was Hansol.

"Are you okay?" Hansol asked as he release Heerin slowly.

"I'm fine." Heerin answered with a smile. Something clicked inside Hansol's head when Heerin smiled at him. He doesn't know what it is so he just ignored it.

"I'm sorry," He bowed a little. "I wasn't looking where I was going."

"It's okay," she assured and turned to Minkyung, who was still staring at Hansol intently. "Kyungiee~ let's go~" Minkyung snapped out from her daze and nodded at Heerin. Heerin walked ahead and she followed.

 

Minkyung walked past Hansol and B-Joo with her stare following Hansol. Hansol mistook her stare for a glare so he bowed again. "I'm so sorry! I'll be careful!" he said. Minkyung furrowed her eyebrows and looked away. If that's Kim Hansol, then it's about time, she thought.

 

*~*~*~*

 

After signing the contract yesterday, their first training begins today. They're both in a practice room, currently waiting for their trainers. "Wahh, I'm a trainee~" Heerin sang happily. While she was busy celebrating about the fact that she's a trainee, Minkyung was already doing warm-up exercises. "Yah! Minkyung-ah!" Heerin called.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm hunting for a zebra, you happened to see one?" She answered sarcastically.

"Yah imma," Heerin called her withe usual nickname. "If you meet our trainers, I want you to cut the sarcasm out, okay?"

"Yes, I'll try," Minkyung nodded lazily. "But only if they don't ask stupid questions."

"What? Yah, I'm warni-"

"Annyeonghaseyo!" A group of boys entered the training room, making Heerin and Minkyung to stand straight. The trainers has entered.

"Ah! New trainees," Gohn smiled, well, his eyes smiled too. "Welcome!"

"Ah, please," Hojoon began. "Introduce yourselves."

"Ah, Choi Heerin imnida!" Heerin bowed ninty degrees then smiled at her trainers after.

"Joneun Lee Minkyung imnida!" Minkyung said next and bowed as well.

"Heerin and Minkyung, correct?" They both nodded.

"Well, then, please tell us your abilities"

"My ability is singing, dancing is fine but rapping, no." Heerin replied with a smile.

"My ability is rapping." Minkyung said shortly. 

"That's all?" B-Joo asked. Minkyung gave him an expressionless look.

"No sunbaenim, I also have the ability to fly and crawl on the walls." She answered sarcastically. Heerin's eyes widened at what Minkyung said so she poked her friend.

 

They stared at her for a while then bursted out, laughing, except for B-Joo, who was staring at Minkyung, more like a little glaring. "Okay! I like this new trainees of ours." Kidoh said while trying to stop himself from laughing.

"Okay, okay," Gohn said. "Let's begin training them."

"Heerin, since you're not good with rapping, I'll be training you today!" Kidoh said, clapping his hands.

"Please take care of me sunbaenim!" Heerin smiled and bowed.

"Now, let's head our way to the recording room, shall we?" 

"Heerin-ssi, don't forget to come to me later!" Hojoon reminded Heerin who was already at the door.

"Ne!"

"And as for you, you'll have to study dancing first because Kidoh's using the recording room." Gohn said. "Then go to the recording room after you're done here, I'll be training you in vocals."

"Understood sunbaenim!" Minkyung nodded with a smile.

 

Minkyung is now left with B-Joo. "How am I gonna train you when you're a girl?" B-Joo questioned. "I don't know," Minkyung shrugged. "Be a girl too?" B-Joo stared at her for a while then looked away. She is so weird, he thought.

"Say noona is not here today, I wonder who could train you..." B-Joo tried thinking of someone to help him train Minkyung in dancing. Then something popped in his head. "Ah! Hansol!" Minkyung had three seconds realization before widening her eyes and freezing on her spot. Did I hear it right? she thought.

"Stay here Minkyung-ssi! I'll go get Hansol!"

 

Minkyung blinked at the door that was slowly closing after B-Joo left. "It has to be Hansol." she whispered to herself. "It has to be..."

 

After a while, the door opened, revealing a blonde guy, peeking at Minkyung. "Hi," his small voice squeaked.

"Umm, you're the trainee Byungjoo was talking about?"

"Yes" 

"Can I come in?" he asked.

"No, I believe you can train me better if you stay there." Minkyung retorted sarcastically and rolled her eyes.

 

Hansol frowned at his trainee's sarcasm and decided to enter. How rude of her to answer me that way, he thought. "Well, you asked a stupid question." she said, as if reading his thoughts. Did I say that out loud? "Yes, you did." Minkyung laughed. 

 

Hansol just shook his head. This sarcastic trainee of his reminds him of someone but he shook those thoughts off. "Anyway, what's your name?"

"Guess~" she sang.

"What? Come on, stop wasting time. Tell me your name."

"I know you know me pal." she said, giving him a smug.

"What pal? Yah, you should call me sunbaenim!" He scolded. His patience was starting to run out. The female trainee was rude at him from the beginning.

"Sunbaenim? Shouldn't I be calling you noona?"

"First of all, I'm not a girl and you're not a boy! Why would you call me that?!"

"Then perhaps, unnie will do?" she grinned. This so Hansol! She thought.

"What? Are you saying that I'm gay or something?!" He exasperated. Besides her rudeness, someone really reminds him of her.

"No, not gay, but a girl" Minkyung laughed at Hansol's expression. I'm pissing him off, this is Hansol indeed.

"Yah!" He yelled. "Why are you like this?! Don't you know respect?!" Minkyung shut close, trying to stifle her laughter.

 

Hansol closed his eyes and breathed, trying to calm himself down. "You sound like Minkyung." He unconciously said.

"Idiot, I am Minkyung. " she laughed. Hansol opened his eyes and stared at Minkyung wide-eyes. Memories crawled their way to Hansols mind. "Minkyung.....Minkyung....Minkyung?!" He bursted, finally remembering his childhood friend.

"Oh hell yes, one and only." Minkyung smiled at Hansol. "Goodness, you . How come you forgot me?!"

"Minkyung! It is you!" He was about to run for a hug but she dodged it.

"Nu-uh," she said, wiggling her head and forefinger.

"Oh come on! It's been five years! Give your friend a hug!"

"Correct, you are, but you didn't even recognize me." Minkyung said, pretending to be mad but smiled later on and gave her friend a quick hug.

 

Hansol suddenly remembered the girl she bumped with yesterday that was with Minkyung. He released her and looked at her in the eyes. "If you are Minkyung then the girl yesterday is..." he trailed off. Minkyung sighed and nodded.

"Yes, it's Heerin." she replied sadly. Hansol stared at his friend. Something's wrong.

"Minkyung, what's wrong?" He asked curiously. She sighed again.

"Oppa, she......she doesn't remember you...."

 


 

Chapter 2 coming soon! Mehe. :3