[author's note]

Common Ground

Exhibit A: My awkward handwriting.


 

Dear readers,

 

Today, Common Ground has officially been completed! Can you believe it?

I really hope you’ve enjoyed reading this story just as much as I did writing it. Don’t hesitate to share your opinion with me if you feel like it, I always love hearing from you!

Anyway, hereby I would like to personally thank each and every one of you, whether you’re an old, new, talkative or silent reader. Your support means the world to me – I’m not sure I would have even managed to write these thousands of words without you *wipes teary eyes*

Feel free to ask me anything you’d like, I’m always up for answering questions ^^

 

I’m not sure if anyone’s interested, but I thought that perhaps it’d be cool to share some background information with you (:

I’ve always liked reading stories about dreams, probably since I dream a lot myself. One day, I read something about mind palaces, and I felt the urge to write a story about the concept. It took me a long time to develop the plotline; the more I thought about it, the more complicated it became. While writing, I kept thinking to myself: ‘What would be the most unexpected thing that could happen right now?’ I love plot twists and turns, so I hope I’ve managed to surprise you every now and then ^^’

I started working on Common Ground exactly a year ago. At the time, I was having a lot of trouble with my own school work and felt like being a student wasn’t really something for me: there’s so much pressure and no one really seems to care about the things you enjoy doing – not unless they contribute to being an excellent student. As soon as I created Jongin’s character, I realized the extent to which my own situation had inspired his. Because of this, Common Ground will always be of great personal importance to me, even though it’s far (faaaaar) from perfect.

 

I’m really going to miss working on this story… *sigh. I’ve been working on it for so long that I’ve inevitably grown attached to it. I can’t believe it’s over :’’’(

Even though I’m still nowhere near being an adequate author, I hope I can manage to adapt this story into a proper manuscript one day and send it to publishers, just to see what happens. Hey, a girl can dream right? >///<

 

Anyway, I’m surely going to keep writing since I enjoy it so much. Maybe an occasional one-shot here and there, or even an entirely new chaptered story, who knows? For the time being, I’ll be working on Eosophobia, an extensive co-authored piece I’ve been writing with two friends of mine. It’s a completely different type of thing but feel free to check it out if you’re interested! 

 

So yeah, that’s basically all I wanted to get off my chest for now. I want to thank all of you one more time; writing Common Ground has been an amazing experience for me and I don’t think I would’ve ever been able to complete it without all your support. I’ve met some great people in the process and yeah, I’m really thankful *wipes tear away.

 

Love,

 pominizz