[MinKey] 「愛情」

Thirty Days of Ignorance

A/N: title reads as "Aijou" in Japanese, the word for love.
The following is in आज़ाद 'verse, a story I'm writing about communal riots. Basically OT5 have superpowers due to their unnatural births.


 
trans.gifThe Fighter carried their “bounty” on one of his shoulders. They’d draped the captive e in a wide length of red silk, cloth that had torn away from the curtains of the slave house during their scuffle. Jinki had sliced it away himself when his sword cut through one of those despicable old men that sold people off for personal profits.

The weight was a little too much for him but he daren't complain. Had he not picked up the slave at that decisive moment, they'd all be impaled on stakes somewhere for "disrupting the peace".

“In a time of war, no less…” he ground his teeth as the four of them ran through the overgrown grass. Lord Kibum’s mansion loomed over them and gradually gathered them in its protective shadow, the sun rising higher through its journey towards the west.

The Reaper shouted from the sky for them to move faster. “I will rid us of the persistent ones!” he said before looping back through the sky, knives slipping into view. The rest of the party breathed easy knowing Jonghyun’s blades always met their mark. They sped up on their feet, Lord Kibum yelling for them to take a the cleared path between camouflaging grasses.

When they reached the porch to their destination, Kibum herded them in before holding the door open for a swooping Jonghyun. Ensuring they were all safely indoors he promptly shut the door, quickly doing up all the locks and latches from the inside. When the last chain was slid into place, he turned around and slumped against the door, sighing tiredly.

The Reaper breathed hard but still managed to bow before Lord Kibum in obedience. The Fighter let the bundle on his shoulder fall to the ground, mindless of whether he hurt its contents. The Magician looked like he was about to make an indignant sound at that but let out a mad cackle instead, crouching forward to catch his breath.

“Your whim and fancy almost cost me my life, bastard!” Jinki scolded, then massaged his palms against his sore waist. “Ah, not to mention the weight… what sort of pleasure slave weighs that much? She must be a giant. Quick let’s find out if she’s at least beautiful…” he made to yank the red cloth off their captive.

Taemin stopped him with a glare. “We must be cautious for within those folds may lie a threat to us.” Jonghyun’s grip audibly tightened on a knife when the words were spoken. The Magician paid the action no heed, turning to face their host instead. “My Lord, please tell us what to do next. The slave is now under your roof and she is thus subject to your capriciousness. We will follow your orders, whatever they may be.”

“Did you lie about me being the leader?” Jinki groused. Taemin shushed him to wait for Lord Kibum’s answer.

The said man hummed, crossing over to the center of the floor where the newcomer lay undisturbed. Only the slight shift of her breath and the soft roll of her curly brown hair were visible. “She must be terrified…” he reasoned. “To have been through such a rough ordeal, she must be scared. We will proceed with care,” he said in a louder, more commanding voice. “But first we must make sure she isn’t injured—”

He reached out and gently parted the folds of silk off their rescued comrade.

They all gasped and jumped away from the uncovered back of what now appeared to be a slender-limbed boy. But that was not the only shock jarring through the room. They all gasped for his arms were free of any marks or definitions—but on his milky smooth back was imprinted the most beautiful tattoo of the most beautiful Sakura tree any of them had laid eyes on.

“H-he’s…!” Jinki stuttered, staggering back till he hit a wall. A shaky finger pointed at the body on the floor. “He’s of the Other Side!” he hissed, and then turned to the Anomaly. “You made us risk our necks for the enemy?! What were you thinking, you simpleton?! What if there are others looking for him?! Other enemies?! If they find out about this place, all our work and care will have been for nothing! You fool!”

“Jinki, do we need to have another talk?” the other calmly raised an eyebrow.

“To the Underworld with your talks!” The Fighter snapped his sword out of its scabbard. “I will kill him now and save us all from the trouble—”

You will do no such thing!” the Magician roared, his long hair floating up like it did sometimes when he used a large amount of magic. The air itself crackled and stood still. The earth seemed to have come to a halt on its forward roll. Time may have stopped but none of the men noticed anything beyond the goosepimples of sheer fright on their skin.

Taemin slowly let out a breath and the sand in their hourglasses slipped down once more. He spoke to the Anomaly. “My Lord, proceed as you wish,” he gestured with a polite hand.

Lord Kibum timidly nodded before squatting beside the inanimate body. “I will attempt waking him, but I am not certain he will respond,” he murmured before running a gentle hand through long brown locks that slid between the webs of his fingers with ease. “He seems a delicate flower... he may be injured beyond—” The man took a sharp intake of breath when his eyes fell on the face of the boy.

“M-master…?” Jonghyun asked, walking a little closer to the other two when Lord Kibum said nothing for a long minute. “Is something wrong?”

Jinki watched the man’s face turn from concerned to alarmed to impassioned within seconds. He watched his hands move to the center of his chest and clutch his clothes there like he was suffocating. “Oe… is something the matter?” the Fighter frowned and moved forward as well. “Is he dead? Why do you seem so perturbed…?”

Lord Kibum wheezed. “He… he is…!” he shook his head before leaning down and seeming to press his  lips to the collapsed boy’s cheek. When he straightened up there were tears in his eyes. “By all the gods of each Side! He is heaven itself…!” the man choked. “All the grace in the world has been spilled into a mold to make this wonderful creature... my heart has left its cage, I am no longer its master…!”

“What the f—” Jinki started.

“Quick, you fools! Avert your eyes!” Taemin once again screamed, this time with desperation. He whipped around, standing to face a wall of the mansions’ great hall. “If you look at the boy’s face you will fall in love with him!”