Final

Names

“We have to wait more?”

“Yes, we have.”

“But this can’t be faster?”

“No, Yeol. We have to wait like everybody.”

“But I want to know the already! I’m sure it’s a girl.”

You only nodded, ignoring his comment. Chanyeol have been bothering you for months about the baby’s and then you decided to let him go to the ultrasound with you. Maybe he could let you rest and work in peace. He made a bet with all other members about it and you could almost hear him praying in his thoughts to be a girl. You knew that he would love the baby even if it is a boy, but you can see that your husband wants a little princess.

You don’t care about it. You want a healthy child with chubby cheeks and beautiful eyes like his father.

“Mrs. Park ______, you can enter now.” The receptionist said.

Chanyeol’s smile was so big that even the old lady at your side smiled with him. Of course you were happy because of the baby, but you couldn’t stop thinking about the pain you’d feel when he or she born.

You saw the doctor, who smiled at you and Chanyeol, pointing to the gurney.

“Please, change your clothes and lie there. I’m going to put this gel on your belly to see the baby. For your smile you are the father, right?”

Chanyeol nodded like an idiot. You think your husband reaction really funny. He was nervous, anxious, and curious. Everything at the same time. You understand his feelings. After changing the clothes and lie in the gurney, the Doctor started to spread the gel while talking with Chanyeol something about the baby. Your only thoughts was if was going to be a girl or a boy and what name would you choose.

“Are you ready, Mrs. Park?”

“Yeah, you can start.”

And he did.

When you were able to see the little baby in your tummy the tears escaped your eyes. It was your baby with the man you love. You two did it together. 
Your hand was hurting because Chanyeol was pressing it too hard. He was crying as well. He never tried to imagine himself as a father, but now it seemed the only thing he could do. A little kid in his arms with big eyes staring at him. Calling him father.

“Here it is!” The doctor said.

“What? What?” Chanyeol didn’t try to hide his happiness.

“Well, you want to know the ?”

You wanted to say no. But Chanyeol was faster and said yes.

“Congratulations! It’s a boy. And is growing healthy in your tummy, Mrs. _____.”

Your eyes ran to Chanyeol’s face, trying to find any kind of sadness or disappointment. Nothing. You could only find admiration and love. He was happy even if he lost the bet.

“Yeobo, it’s a boy. He’s going to be a rapper like me. No! A dancer like Kai! Wait! What if he can sing like Kyungsoo?”

The doctor was laughing. It was impossible not to do it since Chanyeol was so hyperactive. You could only agree with him and smile, proud of your husband.

———X

You were watching TV.

Or trying to watch.

“Yeobo, talk with me.”

Chanyeol was trying to catch you attention since he come back from Suho’s house. He was saying something about the bet that he and some other boys lost because of the baby and, honestly, you weren’t curious because you was a little pissed with the fact that he made a bet about your baby.

“We have to find a nice name to him.” Chanyeol said.

“It was the smartest thing you said today.”

“What about Dongyul? Youngnam?”

“Yeol, he’s going to have an American name.”

“What? No, jagiya! I don’t like American names!”

That’s it.

“So, you don’t like my name, Park Chanyeol?”

His eyes widened. He didn’t want to offend you. Never. He love you and your name. You were everything for him. He just wanted a Korean name. That’s all. In the back of mind he remembered Sehun – or it was Chen? – saying something about pregnant women and how their emotions are confused. Chanyeol stepped in a dangerous place.

“I didn-”

“Don’t dare to deny it. You said!”

“But I didn-”

“You know something? It’s wonderful for you everything that I’m going through! I am going to carry this child for 9 months. I am going to feel the pain of childbirth. He’s going to born exactly like you and I guess I have the right of choosing my son’s name!”

Chanyeol only stared at you. He understands that you were sensitive, but you hurt him. The words you said looked like you regret getting pregnant. That you regret having a baby with him. He wouldn’t attack back.  

You saw your husband walk to your bedroom with a sad expression.

“What have I done?”

———X

Half an hour has passed since the argument. You felt guilty. Your reaction was exaggerated and it was not Chanyeol’s fault, but you threw it all over him.

Now, you were staring at your bedroom door. You husband was inside. Closing your eyes, you swallowed all your pride and opened the door.

He was tuning the guitar with a serious expression. He always does it when he’s sad and needed to think. You approached him carefully, calling his name.

“Yeol? Can I talk with you?”

“Hmmm.”

“I’m sorry,” you said holding your tears. “I didn’t mean to hurt you. I didn’t want you to feel bad. I don’t know what you understand of what I said, but-”

“I looked like you regret everything. Like you regret being with me.”

“I don’t! You are the best thing that happened to me. Since I came here I had nothing but people being mean to me. You helped me. Loved me. I don’t regret being with you and I never will. I just wanted an American name because it is from my country. From the place that I born. This kid will live here with his parents. With us. I just want him to know where a little part of him belongs. I’m sorry for fighting with you about this. I’m really so-”

Chanyeol hugged you tight. He knew you didn’t want to hurt him purposely and you was worried enough to come and ask for sorry. You felt the tears falling from your eyes while you hugged him back. Oh, God. You love this man.

“So, what name my son will have? It could be Perry, like in Phineas and Ferb!”

“Shut up and hug me.”

“Okay, ma’am!”