Relationship

Grey

“Hyung! Where are we going?” Daesung asked as Seunghyun pulled him out of the café.

Seunghyun didn’t answer, he kept walking until they reached the main street.

He stopped and stared into Daesung’s eyes, Daesung avoided eye contact with an awkward cough.

“Hyu-“

“No where, just take a walk with me, Daesung-ah.” He gently pulled him along until they were side by side, placing their intertwined hands into his coat pocket.

Daesung lowered his head to hide his blushing face as Choi Seunghyun lead him on into a slow stroll.

---

Present

“Kwon Jiyong is here too?” Daesung frowned slightly, Seungri had never told him what had happened between him and Kwon Jiyong, all he that he knew was that Seungri isn’t Seungri anymore. He disliked the thought of Seungri having to see that man again.

Seunghyun played with his hair, they were seated on the couch, Daesung head propped on Seunghyun’s chest, he can feel the rise and fall of his every breath and he can’t help but to blush.

Seunghyun hummed in response, “I know you’re worried, but he’ll be fine…”

Daesung started to shift from his embrace, but he pulled him back

“Let them take care of their own problems.”

Daesung hesitated, but fell back into the strong chest and nodded.

“Yah.” Seunghyun hit his head playfully “Only look at me right now, it took me a long time to find you.”

Daesung chuckled in satisfaction “You were supposed to take a long time.”

Seunghyun only made a face but wrapped his arms around the younger man, breathing in the scent of Daesung’s hair

“I’m glad I did. Now I’m sure.”

---

It’s been months after the café incident now, and Daesung was becoming more and more confused with Seunghyun.

The touches and hugs and staring had became more common now, but that didn’t mean it failed to make Daesung blush and nervous every time.

“Hey Seungri…” Daesung started to ask hesitantly, they were in the library studying, and Seunghyun wasn’t with them which was quite a relief for Daesung’s heart.

“Mm?” Seungri looked up from his phone which he’d been tapping on and giggling at  for the last hour.

If Kang Daesung had been lessed wrapped up over Choi Seunghyun, then maybe he’d noticed the way Lee Seungri had been acting weird as well.

“Say….is it weird for two guys to have too much skinship?”

“..Skinship?”

“Yea, like…holding hands and hugging and stuff…”

Seungri blinked at him, he stopped in thought for a moment, then broke out into a giggle that confused Daesung.

“Hmm…” Seungri grinned “I guess it’s not weird if they're in a relationship?”

He looked away and started giggling again, somewhat shyly- his hand going up to cover his flashing white teeth.

Daesung raised his eyebrow at him before turning back to his book to ignore the younger boy who seemed to have fallen into his own world.

But Seungri’s words stuck to him and fell into a loop playing and replaying in his mind.

“It’s not weird if they’re in a relationship….”

“If they’re in a relationship…”

“Relationship…”

Daesung’s cheeks flushed scarlet at the word.

“Relationship.”

He whispered to himself, the word tasted foreign in his mouth.

Unfamiliar because of the fact he’d never been in one before.

Yet the thought of ‘being in a relationship’ with Choi Seunghyun sent his heart into a frantic jump.

Is that what it was? Romance?

Did he like Seunghyun?

He’d always held admiration for the older hyung, but it never occurred to him in what context had his feelings developed in.

Daesung shook his head, trying to shake the thought away.

“No way…stop thinking Kang Daesung!” He cursed himself under his breath.

 

 

His phone buzzed on the wooden surface of the table, making him startled.

1 Message from Seunghyun-hyung

‘Let’s go out for a walk.’

Daesung read the message on his phone, trying to push down his bubbling excitement. He looked up at Seungri who was tapping away on his phone and his heart jumped a little.

‘Sure…I’m with Seungri now, should we come meet you?’

He typed carefully, he wanted to ask straightforwardly “Just you and me?”

But he didn’t want to deal with the embarrassment if the answer was not what he’d hoped for.

The reply came within a minute

‘Oh…I was thinking just me and you.’

Daesung tried to stop himself from smiling.

Another one came shortly after

‘But sure, bring him if you want…?”

Daesung glanced at Seungri who was smiling happily still texting away, he was always the popular guy, he’d have no trouble finding company for the night right?

Plus, they didn’t have definite plans to start with, Daesung reasoned with himself so he’d feel better about leaving behind their maknae.

He bit his lip and started typing

‘No, it’s fine…I’m sure he has other plans.’

‘Great! I’ll meet you outside uni.’

The growing feeling of guilt for Seungri was immediately washed down by happiness.

‘See you then.’

“Hyung where should we go for dinner? I’m hungry!...” Seungri was suddenly leaning over the table to poke at him, making Daesung jump up in surprise.

“Oh! Seungri…uhh….”

His heart was battling with his conscience now, should he bring Seungri along or should he not?

“I kind of already made plans…I have to go now…” Daesung said, his guilt only increasing when Seungri pouted.

“Ah waeeee~ Hyung! I thought we were going to eat together, I told omma I wasn’t going home for dinner already!”

“S-sorry.” Daesung cursed himself mentally when Seungri only shook his head with a smile.

“I’m only kidding hyung! You have fun!”

Daesung nodded numbly, sighing as the younger boy waved at him cutely after he packed his books to leave.

Only for the negative emotions to all wash away when he saw Choi Seunghyun standing there beside the school gate, cigarette in hand and handsome features illuminated by the street lamps that had just .

Seunghyun saw him and smiled, flicking the cigarette away to hold his hand when he approached.

“H-hey…” Daesung greeted him softly, all thoughts of Seungri out the window when the handsome man in front of him shoved their intertwined hands into his coat pocket, he’d always loved it when he did that.

“Hi.” Recently, hearing his deep baritone was enough to make Daesung dizzy and overwhelmed with feelings that he couldn’t quite place.

“Let’s go.” He whispered before burying his chin back into the thick scarf around his neck, it was starting to get cold as the spring turned into autumn, but somehow, Daesung felt warm.

 

---

Lee Seungri had always been a bright, optimistic person.

He believed the good side of the world, he believed the good side of the people.

He believed because he’d never been hurt.

Sometime he’s wonder, during his high school days when he sees some girls in his class burst into tears over a break up, or two guys fighting over a girl, or a friend drinking himself into oblivion after being dumped by a girl.

During those times, he’d wonder how it felt like to be so hurt.

Most of all he wondered how it felt like to love someone so much that it hurt so bad.

He’d only been in one relationship- one when he was young and curious and accepted mindlessly when confessed to.

It had ended badly after a few months, because he didn’t like her- and it was obvious.

After that he had rejected multiple confessions, some people multiple times.

Some of them would plead with tears in their eyes.

“Give me a chance.”

“We can start from being friends.”

“I really like you.”

And he’d wondered in amazement, then- what it felt like to like someone so much that you’d throw you dignity away just to trade it with their attention, or a smile or a mere glance.

But he’d rejected them firmly, knowing it was for the best not to leave any unnecessary sympathy that’d give them false hope.

He’d always hoped that, maybe one day- karma would hit him bad and have him suffering twice more, ten times more, a hundred times more than those people that he rejected, so it’d make him feel better.

 

---

But when he saw Kwon Jiyong running up to him with that handsome smirk of a smile, he silently prayed that he didn’t want karma to hit him after all.

“Hey.” Jiyong greeted breathlessly “You waited for long?”

“Not at all hyung!” Seungri smiled in a way that he knew people found cute, he’d never had to deliberately try before, but somehow being in front of Kwon Jiyong made him want to.

“It was my fault for calling you out in such a short notice anyway~ But Daesung hyung ditched me and Seunghyun-hyung wouldn’t reply.” Seungri pouted which earned a toothy smile from the older one.

“That’s alright, I’ve been wanting to meet up with you anyway.”

Seungri tried not to show how happy he was.

“M-me too…”

A few weeks of constant texting and a friendly dinner later, Seungri came to terms with the fact that maybe, he had developed a crush on Kwon Jiyong.

 

----

So if it get's too confusing, then let me explain the bold lettering is like a narrative from the point of view of a certain character, it's not an event that's happening on the timeline but just like a look into the character in general.

Italics is the present, and I tried to make it less confusing by adding a 'present' title every time it's switches to the present

and normal fond is flashbacks~

Anyway, I hope you guys are enjoying the story, the Nyongtory arc wont be as developed as the Todae arc yet, and it'll slowly unfold along with their story in the present, while Todae's conclusion had already been unrevealed but their main focus is on their story in the past.

Haha anyway~ comment and subscribe please <3