Pandora

Grey

Kang Daesung had always thought that Choi Seunghyun was a two-faced person.

In front of adults, or in school he always seemed calm and collected.

Charismatic, that was the title that the younger hoobaes liked to call him.

But when he was playing with him and Seungri, he was crazy.

 Like a kid, he liked to crack the most childish jokes, he liked playing with figures and watch kid’s cartoons.

Daesung always though the latter side of Choi Seunghyun was more charismatic to him.

 

When Seungri and him started their first year of university, Daesung had thought that the year would pass by like the rest- normally and without any drama.

Because everything around him was as normal as ever, he lived with his parents in the house he’d grown up in, in the neighbourhood he’d grown up in, with Seungri who he’d grown up with as his neighbour.

The only thing that was different was he’d graduated from the local high school and to attend the local university- and the fact that he’d be in the same school as Choi Seunghyun once more.

He’d thought that year 1 would pass just like that, then year 2, year 3, then graduation, then maybe he’d move to Seoul and get a job- and his life would pass just like that, no ups and downs, drama-less.

He’d always been a person that liked tranquillity, unlike Seungri who was always looking for an adventure, or Seunghyun who was always the centre of attention.

He liked leading a calm, normal life.

But destiny was always humorous.

----

It was Kang Daesung and Lee Seungri’s first year in university.

“Let’s go Daesung hyung!” Seungri jumped up and down excitedly, clutching the invitation that Seunghyun gave them “It’d be fun!”

Daesung sighed, he really DID NOT want to go to the party.

He never liked parties, loud music and drunk people weren’t really what he’d dub as a good night.

But Seungri on the other hand, always lived on excitement, he loved people and being around people- and finally going to university for him meant parties and drinking and fun.

Seunghyun chuckled at them, being the popular third year he was, he was almost always invited to the parties, and now his two dongsaengs are finally in university and of legal age, he thought it’d be a good idea to bring them along too.

“C’mon Daesung-ah, it’d be fun.” He said as he ruffled the younger boy’s hair.

“F-fine.” Daesung grumbled, Seungri cheered.

Seunghyun smiled, not removing his hand from Daesung’s head.

Daesung never put up a fight when it came to him.

 

-

The loud music was pumping through the speakers and the brightly coloured lights flashed enough to make Daesung dizzy.

Seungri seemed to be having a swell time as he bounced around, charming everyone with his wit and dancing skills.

“Daesung!” He suddenly heard Choi Seunghyun’s deep baritone voice as he was pulled back to the bar area, leaving Seungri who was now surrounded by people who were chanting for him to ‘dance dance dance dance’

“Seunghyun hyung! Where were you?” Daesung shouted as the older plopped him onto a bar stool, Seunghyun had disappeared almost as soon as the three of them set foot into the club.

“Just said hi to some people! Daesung, meet Jiyong!” Daesung had just notice that the older man had company, a man with a small and seemingly frail figure and hair which looks so over-dyed that it looked like straw, Jiyong nodded at Daesung.

Daesung smiled back shyly, he could tell he was handsome even through the dim lights and flashing colours, he was the type of person that he expected Choi Seunghyun to hang around.

“Hyungs!” Seungri suddenly popped out of no where, sweaty and puffing but not without his usual bright smile on him.

“Seungri,” Seunghyun smiled, he was being charismatic today- not the kind of charisma that Daesung preferred- the cool and chic type that everyone else saw him as.

“Meet Jiyong.” He gestured to the man he’d just introduced to Daesung.

“Jiyong hyung!” Seungri took Jiyong’s hand and shook it with as much enthusiasm as he’d give everyone else

“I’m Seungri! 1st year business major!”

Jiyong seemed to like the younger boy’s friendliness as he too responded with a toothy smile “3rd year music.”

Seungri gasped, Daesung was also surprised, it was rare to come across a music major, especially in Korea when most people would chose medical or business in convention.

“Wow! That’s so cool hyung!” Seungri jumped up and down like a kid, Daesung found it cute, and he could tell that the two older ones did also.

In no time Seungri and Jiyong was already deep in conversation, it was a normal sight for Daesung who knew Seungri’s ability to strike up a conversation with anyone- from kids who’d just learnt how to talk to old grannies and grandpas who are losing their ability to.

“Wanna go get some fresh air?” Seunghyun was pressed up against Daesung’s ear so he could hear him through the loud bass pumping through the club.

Daesung felt Seunghyun’s hot breath on his ear and had to stop himself from shuddering.

His mouth felt dry as he answered “Sure.”

 

Daesung watched as Seunghyun lit a cigarette, the cool breeze outside was chilly, but a relief from the heated atmosphere inside the club.

“You don’t like it in there.” Seunghyun said through his drags, it wasn’t a question, but a statement.

“No.” Daesung admitted “But you don’t either.”

Seunghyun chuckled “Right, I don’t. I’d rather stay at home and eat ice cream and watch cartoons like we did when we were young.” He slung his arm onto Daesung’s shoulder and brought him closer.

“I miss those days.”

It was true, Seunghyun had spent less time with Seungri and Daesung after he started going to university, he was always so busy with assignments and clubs and parties that he’s found less time to hang out and have sleep-overs with the younger too.

“I’m looking forward to spending more time with you two now you’re in university.” Seunghyun flicked his cigarette away and embraced Daesung fully.

“...Me too.” Daeung felt heat creep onto his face, he’d never been one to be comfortable with skinship.

Seunghyun pulled back to smiled at him tenderly, staring into him with those piercing eyes, yet now they were soft and gentle.

Daesung only managed to see the redness in Seunghyun’s cheeks as a sign of how much he’d had to drink, he’d missed it in the badly lit club, but now he can see that his hyung’s face, ears and neck were all red from the alcohol he's probably drank before meeting Daesung.

“Are you drunk hyung?”

Seunghyun shook his head softly “I’m never drunk Daesung-ah.”

He whispered as he clasped onto Daesung’s hand, intertwining his fingers to Daesung’s.

Daesung tried to calm the eccentric beating of his heart with no avail.

“Seunghyun-hyung…” He started to protest, but Seunghyun hushed him with a finger to his mouth

“Shh...”

“Just stay like this with me for a while okay?” His voice was coarse, like he was extremely tired.

Daesung nodded as he let Seunghyun press his head onto the older man’s shoulder.

Like a seed that had started sprouting and growing, something in Daeseung’s heart also started to grow.

 

--

Present.

"I came for you." Choi Seunghyun felt his mouth go dry as he tried to stop himself from trembling.

He was here, standing in front of him, the man he’d gone through half of Korea to look for was now within an arm’s reach.

Kang Daesung smiled “I know.”

Choi Seunghyun was at a loss of words.

Daesung would be lying if he said he wasn’t nervous, this man who he’d spent his youth loving was finally here, here for him.

He’d imagined what this day would be like, he’d thought that he’d be emotional, maybe he’d cry, or yell and scream until Choi Seunghyun was begging for his forgiveness.

But when he saw Choi Seunghyun’s face, he realized that was all unnecessary.

It was like all the loose, lonely pieces had finally came together to complete something wonderful.

He let Choi Seunghyun pull him into a hug.

 

“Um..I’m going to the café to open up.” He heard Seungri say awkwardly before slipping away.

The two embracing men ignored the shut of the door as they breathed in each other’s existence.

 

------

Okay, so I know it seems like the story's pretty much finished already by this point.

And guess what? It is. Well pretty much.

As I said before, the story starts from the end, and doesn't happen in chronological order, the main story is flashbacks of the past telling us how the characters had gotten where they are in the 'present' of the timeline.

So I hope it's not too confusing.

And please subscribe and comment ^^