Chapter 4

What You Are

Kyungsoo frown while strutting down the hallway with a frown etched on his flawless face before it light up with a smile. He sees Kai is standing in front of his locker, trying to shove all his books in one time. Kai spin his body just in time Kyungsoo taps his shoulder.

“Oh hey,” Kai looks pleasantly surprise but smile afterward, “What do you want, babe?”

Kyungsoo adorable heart-shaped smile falters and his face become red immediately. In his mind, he is pondering wither to carry on his secret plan or not.

“I… I just want to,” Kyungsoo mouth open and close for a few second until he let out a soft sigh, “Nevermind”

Kyungsoo takes a step back from Kai and spin 3600, completely back facing Kai.

‘You stupid! You should have asks him’ Kyungsoo thinks before his train of thought disappear when a hand grab his wrist gently.

He sees the latter smile shyly, “You can tell me you know,” he say while scratching the back of his neck with a red.

‘Oww… how cute’

Smiling, he pins Kai to the younger’s locker using his hand. It is a surprise considering how he is… shorter than the younger. His hand trail onto Kai chest, making random shapes.

He can hear the boy’s breathe hitches and he looks at his hyung’s confusedly.

 “You know…” Kyungsoo trails, looking at Kai seductively, “Baekhyun and I are best friend right?”

Kai nod eagerly when Kyungsoo’s hand trail upward and now is playing with his nape, “So, I really need to know,” he stops for a second and stare into the younger’s pair of brown orb, “What exactly Sehun want with Baekhyun?”

Kai smirks, ‘Oh, so he wants to play this game’

“Sorry babe. That is a secret.”

Kyungsoo scoffs, attempting to pulls himself from Kai but the younger’s hand quickly put his hand around Kyungsoo’s petite waist, securing him.

“What are you-“

“I can tell you is you want,” Kai smirk grow larger, same goes with Kyungsoo eyes.

 “But with one condition.”

Kyungsoo nods quickly with a small smile.

“Date me.”

*****

“Baek, this is Chanyeol. Chanyeol, this is Baekhyun,” Sehun state with a bored tone.

The three trio is now in Chanyeol’s house because apparently Baekhyun says he is bored and Sehun being a good boyfriend he is decide to introduce Baekhyun to his friend but sadly, only Chanyeol is available in the moment.

Chanyeol, however, smile his brightest smile, showing his shining pearl teeth and Baekhyun start to thinks he look creepy but his ear is adorable and big and it kinda look like an elf.

Baekhyun tiptoes and whisper on Sehun’s ear, “He looks like an elf,”

Sehun chuckles lightly and ruffles his hyung’s hair gently.

“I get that a lot actually,” Chanyeol say but weirdly he doesn’t get mad. Instead, his voice gets brighter.

Awkwardly, Baekhyun steal a glance towards the said elf, “I’m sorry”

Chanyeol laughs and wave his hand in dismissal, “Don’t be. It’s okay. So what are we going to watch today?”

Baekhyun grins, nodding his head with that adorable smile of him, “The Fault in Our Star!”

*****

 “So you punch him?”

Kyungsoo nod while playing with his food using spoon.

“Just like that?” Kyungsoo nod again, “No no, no yes?”

Kyungsoo slam the table, “Jongdae, I swear… stop it before your face is full with bruise.”

Jongdae scoff and sit silently waiting for the latter to finish with whatever he is thinking right now. A minute passes by and he starts to get bored, “You-“

“Should I say yes or no?” Kyungsoo cut him off before he can even complete his sentence. To say that he is annoyed is a statement but he doesn’t want to risk his to get into the hospital.

After all, Kyungsoo is a very scary man when he is angry.

“I don’t know but I do know you hate his gut.”

“I think I’m going to say yes,”

“Jongdae chokes, “You’re going to say what?!”

“I think I say something like I hate Jongdae so much that I want to kill him in his peaceful dream. No, seriously, I hate repeats thing.”

Groaning, Jongdae hits his chest softly, “Urghh… fine. But may I know why Prince Soo?”

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes at the nickname, “You know, ‘things I do for mah bacon’ thingie.”

“You act like his mother, you know. Why can’t you leave him alone? I’m sure he is happy with Sehun right now.”

At the sentence, Kyungsoo fall in a deep silence, “I don’t know… I have this stupid feeling that at the end, Baekhyun will end up hurting himself and I can’t afford that. He has done so much to me. Besides, I don’t want to see my best friend to get hurt.”

“So you are trying to say that I am not your best friend?”

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kind of short I know but better than nothing right?