Chapter II

Extraordinary

“You’re seat is the one next to Kai’s. Kai please raise your hand.” I was still shocked as I raise my hand. Gasp could be heard from the girls inside our classroom.

                “Ugh, how lucky.”

                “How come she can sit next to Kai oppa! This is so unfair!”

                “She’s not even that pretty; she doesn’t deserve to sit next to oppa.”

                “How annoying!”

                Sigh. They are so annoying. I hope Dahee didn’t hear them. But it looks like she did. She bitted her lower lips as she sat next to me. “Don’t mind them.” I told her.

                She just nodded her head and looked at our teacher in front. She didn’t speak or even just glance at me! “It would be a huge help if you would stop staring at my face and start doing what Mrs. Choi asked us to do.” She exclaimed coldy. I didn’t notice that I’ve been looking at her face already.

                “I’m sorry, Dahee-ssi.” She just nodded and didn’t talk again. The awkward atmosphere was removed when she asked me, “Why is everyone calling you, Kai? Didn’t you tell me your name is Jong In?” She asked warily.

                I smiled as I answer her question, “That’s what they call me here in school. My friends are the only one who calls me Jong In.” I was shocked when she suddenly looked and me and asked another question. “So I should start calling Kai now, am I right?”

                “Aniya. You can call me Jong In. We’re friends, right?” she looked and me and just nodded. That wasn’t the answer that I am expecting..

                The bell rang and Sehun immediately stood up and asked me if I’m going to take my lunch with them. “You go ahead, Hun. I’ll just follow you there.” I said as I eyed Dahee. “Hyung, are you close with the transferee?” I just shrugged his question and faced Dahee.

                Sehun left and I asked Dahee. “So where are you gonna take your lunch?”

                “Out.” She answered coldy. “I thought we’re friends.. Let’s take our lunch together with me and my friends!” I suggested.

                She sighed and looked at me coldy, “Look here, Kai-ssi. I don’t want to get involved with you and your friends. Your fangirls are already killing me with their glares. Bye.” She left our room just like that.

                “What a !”

                “Yeah. Who does she think she is?”

                “Kai oppa, gwenchana?”

                “Oppa, don’t mind that !”

                “Can you please shut up!” I said sternly at these girls. Why am I even concern of her? What’s happening to me!

                I walked to the canteen to found that my friends are not there anymore, not wanting to be smudge by girls, I went to the rooftop instead.

                And unsurprisingly, I saw Dahee there. Smoking. “Don’t you know this it’s prohibited to smoke inside the school’s premises?” I asked teasingly. “I know. And I don’t care about this school’s stupid rules, Jong In.” She smiled warmly at me.

                What’s with this girl, one moment she’s all y and stuff, and the next moment she’s like an angel! “What happened to the Kai-ssi, Dahee-ah?” I chuckled.

                “Well, I have to do that so that I’ll be saved from your fangirls. Mian.” She’s so cute. “So we’re not gonna talk whenever someone is around, is that what you’re trying to say?” I’m amused at her way of thinking. And she nodded her head in respond as she puffed at her cigarette.

                “Do you really smoke often?” She looks so innocent and it shocked me because everytime I see her, she’s smoking. “Not really. I usually smoke when I’m thinking of something or just sad.” She answered me as she put her cigarette on a piece of paper then crumpled it. “I need to do this in order to hide my cigarette , instead of throwing it on floor.”

                I can’t help but to smile at her smartness. “You must have done this a lot of times now. Seeing you’re really smart when it comes to these kinds of stuff.”

                “Excuse me? Are you trying to implement that I’m not that smart?!” She asked obviously  amazed. “I didn’t say that. You said it by yourself, Dahee.” She just laughed it off. Why does that laugh seems so familiar?

                “So what have bought you here, Mr. Ice Prince?” I sighed when she said that. “Where did you get that name now, Dahee?”

                “Everyone calls you that, you know. Specially you fangirls.” She laughed. “So what’s with this ‘Mr. Ice prince’ any way?” She asked me, still laughing lightly.

                “You see, I don’t talk to everyone here in school. Well except for my friends. I don’t really like those girls, and whenever I ignore them. They see me as an Ice Prince. It’s so annoying, you know.” I explained.

                “So why are you talking to me?” She whispered. “I-I don’t know either.” I whispered back. Yeah, why am I talking to her?

                “You’re different. Something about you is different.” I asked while looking straight to those familiar eyes.

                “The bell is gonna ring any minute now. I have to go.” She rushed off. But before she can fully leave the rooftop, I shouted; “Hey, let’s get some coffee later after school. I’ll wait for you outside my car.” She just nodded her head and left.

                What the hell is happening to me..


Author's note:
 

Hi! So this story will be 10-15 chapter long only. so yeahh. enjoy!!