Serendipity (Suho / Junmyeon)

Once Upon a Drabble (An EXO Collection)

It's not often I get to enjoy a lazy Wednesday afternoon after work and my horrid commute, but today is turning out to be strangely (and thankfully) the exception rather than the rule.

For one, Parvati is a lovely coffee shop I just randomly came across today. The sleek, minimalist look of the place offers some calm from the clutter of the mall, and I can't think of a better place to spend a lazy midweek afternoon in.

For two, their stuff is delicious, and super cheap! A cup of coffee and two brownies for less than a hundred bucks, what a steal! A perfect snack for me, and an extra sweet treat to share, if I had someone to share it with.

"I'm sorry, is this seat taken?"

I look up to find the cutest,  neatest looking boy staring back at me with smiling eyes, his perfect white teeth on full display as his one hand holds on to the chair in front of me. His other arm seems to be buckling from the weight of his rucksack while he tries his best not to spill his mug of coffee.

I'm so flustered by how cute he looks and simultaneously feel bad for his sorry state that I nod eagerly before he's even able to ask properly if he can share the table with me. His smile becomes brighter, if that's even possible, as he gratefully nods a thank you and settles down in front of me.

"Having a bad day?" I ask him shyly, trying not to sound creepy (because the truth of the matter is I already want to know his name, number, and freaking zodiac sign so badly).

He shrugs, puffing his cheeks before blowing his bangs out of his face. Still with that smile on. Does he never not smile? How is he real?

"It's been busy, but I bet it only gets better," he answers in a casual tone, as if we haven't just known each other for all of five minutes, and was his optimism a thinly veiled attempt at hitting on me?

He must've noticed that I was staring at him and that I hadn't spoken for, oh I don't know, two whole minutes (why am I like this) because he tries to dispel the awkward silence by starting the conversation again.

"Do you come here often? I hear the brownies are delicious."

You're startled out of your infatuated trance.

"This is my first time here, actually." You managed a sentence without choking on the coffee you're in the process of sipping. Hurray to small victories!

"But yeah, the brownies are pretty great. And they're really cheap and come in two's, which is great for sharing."

Light bulb moment. Do I do this? Do I really do this?

I shyly push my plate to his side of the table with my other untouched brownie.

"Here, try one." I shyly smile at him and gesture for him to eat.

His eyes go wide before he smiles again. "Are you sure?"

I chuckle at his disbelief.  Boy, it's just a brownie. "Of course. Share a seat, win a friend right?" Boyfriend would be much better, really, but semantics...

"My name's Junmyeon, by the way. Thanks for letting me sit with you," he says warmly while he happily chews on his brownie.

"It's no problem. Because the food is so cheap here I guess it gets full easily -"

I turn to look behind me where all the other tables are and stop mid-sentence, trying my best not to squeal or jump and dance in glee, trying so so hard not to drown in feels.

The coffee shop is empty.