Bridal Shower (Chen / Jongdae)

Once Upon a Drabble (An EXO Collection)

The bridal shower was in full swing. Of course, because the bride had promised her fiancé that she wouldn't have strippers at her shower, the night had so far been nothing short of wholesome. Of course, the booze had had loosened up tongues and limbs so all the guests were already set on gossiping and dancing the night away.

 

She was thankful to see friends and to finally have a drink in her hand after a long day, but she'd be lying if she didn't admit that a small part of her - okay, a big part of her just wanted to go home and cuddle with her Chenzi.

 

Oh my god she's resulted to pet names. This was getting serious.

 

The slightly tipsy maid of honor calling her name distracted her from her thoughts.

 

"Yah, a guy is at the lobby looking for you. Says he was called because you requested for his 'services'?" she asked her suspiciously.

 

Rooted to her seat and completely clueless, she couldn't even get a word out to explain herself.

 

"Hey, what the hell! I promised my future husband - no strippers!" The bride-to-be yelled from across the room accusingly. Trust information to spread this quickly (and incorrectly!) inside a hotel suite filled with gossiping women.

 

The information was incorrect, right? She didn't order a stripper!

 

She finally found the words to explain herself. "Look, you guys, I swear I didn't hire a stripper! There must be a mistake - don't let him up!"

 

Too late. The door bell rang as soon as she said it.

 

The room was filled with equal amounts of horrified gasps and excited giggles. Before they knew it,  one eager guest had opened the door and let the mysterious guest in.

 

She was probably the most surprised of all the guests. Because there was Jongdae looking his most handsome, carrying a cake and a bouquet of beautiful flowers.

 

He greeted them all warmly, his eyes pausing meaningfully in her direction before turning his attention to the bride, to whom he presented the bouquet.

 

"I'm sorry to drop by unannounced," he said (crooned, actually, if you were going to ask). "I just wanted to greet the lovely bride and congratulate her on her wedding. And my girlfriend and I have a special surprise."

 

He connected his iPod to the speakers before walking over to her and taking her to the center of the room, where they sang "Spend My Life With You" together.

 

After all the gushing and picture taking, the party winded down, and she and Jongdae were left behind eating cake while looking over the view from the balcony.

 

"The bride is drunk. Bridal shower a success!" she cheered triumphantly. Jongdae could only laugh in amusement.

 

"Thanks for the surprise, Chenzi," she whispered before leaning in for a loving kiss.

 

Jongdae kissed back eagerly before pulling away, eyelashes fluttering. "It was my pleasure."

 

They stayed like that for a while, comfortable in each other's company.

 

"Hey...do you think we can stay over here tonight? Noona told me we shouldn't come home. Something about her and Kyungsoo-ya needing the apartment for themselves. She said something about brownies and ice cream. I didn't ask for the details."

 

She laughed, amused at her boyfriend's grossed out expression at their roommates' nocturnal activities.

 

"After that performance, I'm sure the bride will be glad to lend us the guest bedroom."

 

Jongdae pondered that briefly. "Hmm. If I over to sing at the wedding, do you think she'll offer the master's bedroom? We could use a bigger bed for what I have in mind for tonight, jagi."